• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

crimnos

So stoked to collaborate with the Starbound team & make them some classy style art for this beautiful soundtrack... I'm beyond excited how everything turned out! :)

The composer Curtis Schweitzer also created special versions of all the main tracks for this special vinyl release, since that soundtrack is huge!

Oh and it's a limited edition out of 500, and they're shipping now! :)

Get thee behind me, that looks amazing and I'm trying to save money :)

So, uh, I got the 3xLP Witcher vinyl from GameLegends, and.... is it the exact same packaging as the 2xLP version from ThinkGeek? They look exactly the same, even the track listing on the back shows only 2 discs.....

edit: I remember a few pages ago people were talking about how the seam is garbage. Can confirm, mine is pretty crooked.

2nd edit: According to the Discogs page it looks like they're the same, the 3rd LP has it's own blue sleeve with track listing on it, if I'm seeing this correctly.

hawk2025

So, uh, I got the 3xLP Witcher vinyl from GameLegends, and.... is it the exact same packaging as the 2xLP version from ThinkGeek? They look exactly the same, even the track listing on the back shows only 2 discs.....

edit: I remember a few pages ago people were talking about how the seam is garbage. Can confirm, mine is pretty crooked.

2nd edit: According to the Discogs page it looks like they're the same, the 3rd LP has it's own blue sleeve with track listing on it, if I'm seeing this correctly.

Yep, the third disc is just plopped into the gatefold with its own sleeve. They didn't even change the tracklisting on the back for the 3LP version.

Underwhelming packaging, ridiculous print numbers, mediocre sound. This release is a mess.

akileese

Yep, the third disc is just plopped into the gatefold with its own sleeve. They didn't even change the tracklisting on the back for the 3LP version.

Underwhelming packaging, ridiculous print numbers, mediocre sound. This release is a mess.

Mine sounds completely fine and I didn't have any problem with the seam on mine. I'll agree with the rest but the price reflected it.

Iam8bit still playing silly buggers with my refund for The Last Guardian. The refund was one pound short AND they didnt refund me my shipping back to them. This morning they sent me £1 after complaining, still like £4 short.

Honestly, fuck Iam8bit.

Iam8bit still playing silly buggers with my refund for The Last Guardian. The refund was one pound short AND they didnt refund me my shipping back to them. This morning they sent me £1 after complaining, still like £4 short.

Honestly, fuck Iam8bit.

Wow, what a shitty experience.

akileese

Brave Wave sent out an email saying Ninja Gaiden vol. 2 is on track for a 7/1 release and vol. 1 was delayed to 7/22 due to quality control issues with the test pressing.

Dan-o

Brave Wave sent out an email saying Ninja Gaiden vol. 2 is on track for a 7/1 release and vol. 1 was delayed to 7/22 due to quality control issues with the test pressing.

I'm having a little bit of buyer's remorse on the box set... I'm sure I'll get over that by the time it ships.

So the front cover is, in my opinion, pretty awful, but I actually really enjoy some of the other artwork in the Super Castlevania IV release, as seen on Mondo's twitter page:

https://twitter.com/MondoNews/status/877549718963986432

Yeah, it's not bad. CV3 was worse, IMO. But... I feel like these artists have forgotten that the CV games were played by... you know... children.

robot

WOWEEEEE

QLI5iuC.png

Dan-o

I need this in my life so fucking bad. Having never ordered from Datadiscs, how much of a pain this will be?

They're the best.

Get your email address into their mailing list.

They do three waves of orders: 1 for mailing list subscribers around the world (except USA), 1 for mailing list subscribers in the USA, and 1 public release.

Sometimes, their site will go a little wonky with the high traffic, but it's generally pretty smooth.

All that said... if you're in the US, and you don't specifically want the Limited Edition variant, you will most likely be able to get the black or blue versions from Mondo, and save on shipping costs.

BTails

As a Canadian, I love ordering from Data Discs. Their shipping seems to be twice as fast as Mondo, and I've never been dinged with extra fees or tax upon delivery, unlike Mondo which gets me 90% of the time.

BTails

I love how they're still applying their trademarks to the release: Not too expensive, three variant (Special Edition, Colour, and Black). Basically taking what works, and applying it to a new game as opposed to an old one.

And yes, hopefully this opens the doors for classic Sonic releases by them. I would go mental.

I love how they're still applying their trademarks to the release: Not too expensive, three variant (Special Edition, Colour, and Black). Basically taking what works, and applying it to a new game as opposed to an old one.

And yes, hopefully this opens the doors for classic Sonic releases by them. I would go mental.

S3K would be the ultimate prize but I'm kinda doubtful we'll see it due to licensing issues.

The Masato Nakamura soundtracks will suffice.

Shaneus

Oh thank fuck for that, it's great to see that Sega has an actual fucking clue. Gives me hope that any potential future Sega releases (Daytona, JSRF, even Thunderforce now Sega owns those games) will come out from them.

Sucks they're still kind of expensive to bring them into Australia, but say least still reasonable in comparison to other EXTREME VALUE labels.

Well done, DD!

S3K would be the ultimate prize but I'm kinda doubtful we'll see it due to licensing issues.

The Masato Nakamura soundtracks will suffice.
I would not complain about that. Whilst not technically as impressive as the later games, S1 and 2 have more nostalgia for me, and in general I actually kinda prefer them.

I detest almost everything Sonic (would buy the Sonic Rush soundtrack on vinyl even in a Monkey's Paw situation), but this is obviously a BIG GET for Data Discs.

Shaneus

Someone commented on the DD SC that there's shades of Koshiro in that Sonic Mania song... I can't disagree there, it does have a bit of a Super Adventure Island vibe to it.

TannerDemoz

unnamed.png

I've got this on preorder but can't stop listening to the digital. It's such a fantastic album. Hearing Kakariko village in a minor key is amazing.

So stoked to collaborate with the Starbound team & make them some classy style art for this beautiful soundtrack... I'm beyond excited how everything turned out! :)
My dude, congratulations! One of the best soundtracks in years, no matter what medium is being discussed. Schweitzer seriously laid down some magic.

Are you at liberty to discuss specifically the vinyl edits of the tracks, or is that not in your job description? I jumped as soon as I saw Hymn to the Stars, Jupiter, and Standing on a Beach as they're some of my favorites, but I am curious about running times. As you're no doubt aware, the soundtrack features some pretty lengthy songs.

If you can't say run times or even give cryptic hints, I totally understand... But if you could..... It'd be great. Great job either way, hope the pressing does the sound the justice it deserves!

Top Bottom