• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

Dreweyes

My dude, congratulations! One of the best soundtracks in years, no matter what medium is being discussed. Schweitzer seriously laid down some magic.

Are you at liberty to discuss specifically the vinyl edits of the tracks, or is that not in your job description? I jumped as soon as I saw Hymn to the Stars, Jupiter, and Standing on a Beach as they're some of my favorites, but I am curious about running times. As you're no doubt aware, the soundtrack features some pretty lengthy songs.

If you can't say run times or even give cryptic hints, I totally understand... But if you could..... It'd be great. Great job either way, hope the pressing does the sound the justice it deserves!

Cheers! Yeah that score is SO great!
Oh I wasn't a direct part of the vinyl edits, but I know everyone involved worked hard and went through a bunch of test pressing to make sure everything was legit quality! :)

Cheers! Yeah that score is SO great!

giphy.gif

Glad your experience was so positive as well. People in my life really enjoy the soundtrack, it's seriously inspiring. Something about how the chords swell and the piano-centric melodies...

Dan-o

Has anyone else not received their Gunstar Heroes shipping info from Mondo yet? Wondering if I should be yelling at them yet.
I'd send them a quick email. The same thing happened to me with a different company. Turned out to be a glitch in their ordering system or something.

BTails

Listened to my copy of Golden Axe this weekend, and was amazed to hear the locked groove, at least on Side 1: a repeating SFX cue. Love those little touches from DD.

BTails

So, we know Data Discs is working on Altered Beast as per their tweet a while back, but considering the length of that OST, do you think they'll pair it with another game on the other game on the flip side?

Personally, I think Alien Storm would be a great pairing: similar time period, both arcade ports, and they would compliment each other well. Also, that ending theme is too good.

ak1337azn

Neo Member
unnamed.png

I've got this on preorder but can't stop listening to the digital. It's such a fantastic album. Hearing Kakariko village in a minor key is amazing.

I listened through this in its entirety once before, but couldn't make out any Shadow Temple representation. Am I missing something?

TannerDemoz

I listened through this in its entirety once before, but couldn't make out any Shadow Temple representation. Am I missing something?

No, I don't think so, but I'd probably make myself draw blood and start crying if I heard a HQ rendition of that Shadow Temple music.

Zia

Um, so is there any way to discern between Mondo variants without opening the records? Picked up standard CVIII, never got around to listening to it, then grabbed one of those splatters when they went up randomly later. Want to keep the splatter and sell the regular, but I don't want to open both. : (

RaidenZR

Um, so is there any way to discern between Mondo variants without opening the records? Picked up standard CVIII, never got around to listening to it, then grabbed one of those splatters when they went up randomly later. Want to keep the splatter and sell the regular, but I don't want to open both. : (

First, I would check Discogs and look closely at the descriptions for each variant. Sometimes there is a differentiator that people have kindly described on the ID tags on spines or by the barcode, but this isn't always the case.

Occasionally there are other tells based on labels or stickers on the wrap. Again, not always though.

Zia

First, I would check Discogs and look closely at the descriptions for each variant. Sometimes there is a differentiator that people have kindly described on the ID tags on spines or by the barcode, but this isn't always the case.

Occasionally there are other tells based on labels or stickers on the wrap. Again, not always though.

Only differentiators that I can see according to Discogs are on the discs themselves. Grr. Guess I'll just pop one open and hope for the best. What the fuck, Mondo?

BTails

Only differentiators that I can see according to Discogs are on the discs themselves. Grr. Guess I'll just pop one open and hope for the best. What the fuck, Mondo?

Didn't someone who ordered both of the original variants say one had a red dot or something on the sticker? I seem to recall a post like that earlier in the thread.

Dan-o

Friday!? NOOOO! Isn't it usually on Saturdays? :(

This may be the first LE since Out Run that I don't manage to get. Damn...

rpbtz

Great!, fat chance of me getting one then!. When do they go on sale?

Just copy-pasting from their newsletter. I guess it will be prioritized for the allocated UK/EU and public slots:

-Passwords for the UK/EU and all other countries apart from the US will go out at 13:00 UK time
-Passwords for the US will then go out at 16:00 UK time (which is between 08:00-11:00 US time for most people, depending on your location).
-The shop will then open to the general public at 19:00 UK time

Also this is the full text on SCV4:

We are pleased to be stocking SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV, the latest game soundtrack from our friends at Mondo in the US. We will have 250 copies of this double LP available, with priority given to UK/EU customers (so you can save on the shipping costs of ordering it from the US). This item will be available to order from Friday, with all orders shipping by the end of July.

Shaneus

God damn the releases just keep coming!!!

Is this the Megadrive or Arcade OST?
You read the page, yeah?
Sourced from a Japanese Mega Drive and carefully mastered for vinyl, Altered Beast is presented as a 45RPM cut LP in a 400g matt varnished sleeve and printed inner sleeve, both of which feature hand-painted artwork from the SEGA archives.

Top Bottom