• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

BTails

Grabbed the gold/black split. Was worried I wouldn't get it because the wifi is super spotty in the conference room I'm in, but it cooperated for me for a few minutes.

akileese

Grabbed the gold/black split. Was worried I wouldn't get it because the wifi is super spotty in the conference room I'm in, but it cooperated for me for a few minutes.

I'm just imaging you in a giant meeting furiously pummeling the F5 key on your keyboard and everyone looking at you like you've had about 47 cups of coffee this morning.

vladbkp

Neo Member
Picked up the split version as well. Splatter looked better, but I have the split version of 2/3 and wanted to be consistent. Damn OCD!

That's like Verizon coverage on the T north of Boston. It's terrible, and when there's a release coming soon I get all edgy that I'm going to miss something thanks to bad signal.

I'm 31 years old but all these retro video games on vinyl do nothing for me. I never played any of these old NES/SNES growing up. I do think the artwork is cool though.

Anyone from the US who ordered the Witcher 3xLP from GameLegends receive theirs in the mail yet? I still haven't opened the 2xLP from ThinkGeek yet, not sure why.

Normally I go for the limited when it's an option, but I figured that someone else would like it more. Hopefully that doesn't mean it's one more in the hands of a reseller/scalper.

OnPoint

I'm 31 years old but all these retro video games on vinyl do nothing for me. I never played any of these old NES/SNES growing up. I do think the artwork is cool though.

Anyone from the US who ordered the Witcher 3xLP from GameLegends receive theirs in the mail yet? I still haven't opened the 2xLP from ThinkGeek yet, not sure why.

I'm 33 and games like The Witcher on vinyl do nothing for me.

Different strokes, my friend.

OSHAN

Picked up the split version as well. Splatter looked better, but I have the split version of 2/3 and wanted to be consistent. Damn OCD!

Same boat, but now that I can't get the split, I have no interest in getting IV, as ridiculous as that sounds.

RaidenZR

Got the split. The splatter was garbage to me, but that whole aesthetic presentation was just poor decision-making all around by Mondo. Totally grateful someone finally put SCV IV on wax (and in the end that's what matters) but the packaging wasn't done justice at all.

akileese

Exact same situation. Boo.

Honestly, i can't believe how bad the art is. It actually makes me laugh, like Mondo is just trolling now.

What about it makes you despise it so much? It looks like pretty typical 1980s style cartoon for video game art, the exact sort of stuff you used to see in LOZ when it was released.

This is a piece of key art from the original LOZ. The influence there is pretty heavy.

http://images.darkhorse.com/darkhorse/blog/-2016/zeldaart1.jpg

E: I was also able to find some art from the game that shows the same asthetic:

http://imgur.com/a/dM2XA

https://imgur.com/a/4P7dI

tav7623

I went with split as well and for pretty much the same reason (damn ocd :p) even though personally I love splatter way more than split, but since I have the split versions for all 3 of the NES CV games I had to keep it consistent.

Mknzy

Ordered my Castlevania IV and got a tracking number for Bastion from Supergiant. Going to have some good stuff to listen to soon!

Castlevania_IV_FC_1024x1024.jpg

is that Boomhauer as Simon?

Dan-o

they only put records up when they have them at hand :D

What an absurd concept!!
/s

Not to say pre-orders are an absolutely terrible thing, as some companies manage to deliver on-time with regularity, but I've had enough questionable experiences with pre-orders in general that I just don't really bother with doing that anymore unless there's a truly compelling reason to do so. That goes for everything... movies, records, games, books, phones/electronics, etc.

I appreciate the confidence in
"Here's what we're planning to release; we'll let you order it when:
A) we have it available to ship, or
B) we have a firm release date less than 3 months away."

Like I said... absurd. :)

Dreweyes

So stoked to collaborate with the Starbound team & make them some classy style art for this beautiful soundtrack... I'm beyond excited how everything turned out! :)

The composer Curtis Schweitzer also created special versions of all the main tracks for this special vinyl release, since that soundtrack is huge!

Oh and it's a limited edition out of 500, and they're shipping now! :)

Here are some additional photos:

2Hez92p.jpg

3h6R4Bb.jpg

AW2moDO.jpg

Top Bottom