• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii-U - Amazon listing UK prices and launch date

Pro Controller
Black
Shopto - £36.85
Zavvi (Warning! Hut Group) - £32.99

Assassins Creed 3
Ubisoft - £34.99
Use code 10THANKYOU to get it for £31.49

Batman Arkham City Armored Edition
Simply Games - £39.85

Bayonetta 2
Tesco Entertainment - £49.97
Zavvi (Warning! Hut Group) - £39.75

Ben 10 Omniverse
Amazon - £29.99
Zavvi (Warning! Hut Group) - £24.95

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Tesco - £49.97

Darksiders 2
Simply Games - £39.85

Fifa 2013
Very - £34.00

Lego City Undercover
Shopto - £39.85
Simply Games - £39.85

Mass Effect 3
Simply Games - £39.85

New Super Mario Bros U
Shopto - £39.85
Simply Games - £39.85

Nintendo Land
Shopto - £39.85
Simply Games - £39.85

Ninja Gaiden III Razors Edge
Simply Games - £39.85

Pikimin 3
Simply Games - £39.85

Rayman Legends
Ubisoft - £31.49 (with code 10THANKYOU)
Shopto - £34.85
Zavvi (Warning! Hut Group) - £32.95

Rise of the Guardians
Amazon - £30.62

Scribblenauts Unlimited
Shopto - £39.85
Simply Games - £39.85
Zavvi (Warning! Hut Group) - £34.95

Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed
Simply Games - £39.85

Sports Connection
Simply Games - £39.85

Tank! Tank! Tank!
Amazon - £29.99
Zavvi (Warning! Hut Group) - £23.95

Tekken
Zavvi (Warning! Hut Group) - £27.95

Wii Fit U
Simply Games - £39.85

Wii U Panorama
Simply Games - £39.85

ZombiU
Ubisoft - £35.99 (with code 10THANKYOU)
Shopto - £39.85
Simply Games - £39.85
Zavvi (Warning! Hut Group) - £37.95

These are the cheapest prices I've been able to find so far. When prices are equal cheapest, I add all the sellers. If anyone sees anything on this list cheaper elesewhere, let me know so I can add to the next update!

Steph_E.

Pro Controller
Black
Shopto - £36.85
Zavvi (Warning! Hut Group) - £32.99

These are the cheapest prices I've been able to find so far. When prices are equal cheapest, I add all the sellers. If anyone sees anything on this list cheaper elesewhere, let me know so I can add to the next update!

The pro controller is available from Sainsburys entertainment for £37.99, but if this is your first order from there you can get a 10% discount taking it down to £34.19. (you need to use voucher code SETENS12R, SETENS12P, SETENS12C or SETENS12D). URL= http://www.sainsburysentertainment....ntroller-Black/product.html?product=E11134446

does anyone know when the 50 per cent extra trade in credit when trading in consoles will start in game? will they know about it in store yet or should I wait until close to the release date?

Just a head's up - Sainsburys Entertainment are no longer taking pre-orders for the Zombi U bundle, so it appears this is the one that is selling out fastest. If anyone is dithering over that particular bundle, might be a good idea to try and get a pre-order in ASAP.

mrbaba

Just a head's up - Sainsburys Entertainment are no longer taking pre-orders for the Zombi U bundle, so it appears this is the one that is selling out fastest. If anyone is dithering over that particular bundle, might be a good idea to try and get a pre-order in ASAP.

Zavvi are also out of stock on the ZombiU bundle.

Wii U Zombi Packs still available at:

Amazon.co.uk
The Game Collection
ShopTo
Tesco Entertainment

Sold out: Sainsburys Entertainment; Simply Games; Zavvi

went to game earlier, they are offering £110 trade in for a 250gb playstation 3 with the 50% it becomes £165 + £20 deposit to be eligible for the additional credit. that's not bad right? the zombiu bundle is £350 so getting it nearly half price is pretty good in my book. I also have a ton of games I might trade in as well bringing the price down even more, which means more games!

Moze

Banned
i got the amazon order in at £264

has anyone managed to make them drop to the £199 price? the reason i say this is because the console actually dropped to £199 from £264 before going up to £299

surely their pre order guarantee would allow me the cheaper price? if not im gonna try and barter with them, maybe offer them £199 and a tin of quality street?

i got the amazon order in at £264

has anyone managed to make them drop to the £199 price? the reason i say this is because the console actually dropped to £199 from £264 before going up to £299

surely their pre order guarantee would allow me the cheaper price? if not im gonna try and barter with them, maybe offer them £199 and a tin of quality street?

Lol. A good chunk of this thread has been about getting £199. Read back a page or two. Personally my order isn't with amazon.

Moze

Banned
Lol. A good chunk of this thread has been about getting £199. Read back a page or two. Personally my order isn't with amazon.

just finished a live chat with amazon. they arent gonna budge for me, i ordered in june but they still aren't gonna give me the £199. they even went as far as cancelling the chat themselves...that has never happened to me before :(

gonna try again right now though. if i annoy them enough they might do something

beje

Banned
just finished a live chat with amazon. they arent gonna budge for me, i ordered in june but they still aren't gonna give me the £199. they even went as far as cancelling the chat themselves...that has never happened to me before :(

gonna try again right now though. if i annoy them enough they might do something

If you annoy them enough, they might just say "fuck it" and cancel everybody's preorder to stop this madness and force people to order at the current 299 pounds again. Please don't.

Don't be so hard on him. Why is it OK for everyone else to harass Amazon support until they get £199 but this guy is the one that'll ruin it for everybody?

Amazon should either be more careful with prices or ditch the pre-order guarantee to avoid this. It's not the customers fault.

beje

Banned
Don't be so hard on him. Why is it OK for everyone else to harass Amazon support until they get £199 but this guy is the one that'll ruin it for everybody?

Amazon should either be more careful with prices or ditch the pre-order guarantee to avoid this. It's not the customers fault.

Well, it was never OK for me. Try it once, of course. Maybe twice. But enough people harrasing their CS and this might go kaput for everybody. Amazon CS closing the chat themselves might be enough indication already that they're not going to take more shit.

kitsuneyo

I wonder how the '£10 off your next purchase if you preorder' thing works?

I was thinking about this. Since Ubi don't actually take the money until they despatch the game, we probably won't get the discount code until then. Otherwise it would be easy to order the game, get a £10 discount and then just cancel your AC3 order.

the stupid thing is amazon sticking up 199 orders in the first place, that's their punishment for jumping the gun.

Shopto are bad too canceling their 179 orders, if you are guessing at the price then take the risk, store managers.

m.i.s.

Banned
But enough people harrasing their CS and this might go kaput for everybody.

I would find such a situation to be highly unlikely. Surely, they're not going to go back on their offers and risk alienating yet more people?

Tbh, I think they should offer £199 to everyone who pre-ordered wii u in June just for the sake of consistency and as a gesture of good will (it was their fault after-all). Just how many people are there that would have pre-ordered in June anyway? Not that many surely as the listing was taken down almost immediately.

Steph_E.

Just had an e-mail from Zavvi. They say they will honour the Wii U price when I pre-ordered (even though the price is higher now), also offering cheap games - a different one each week until the Wii U is released. This week it is Ubisoft's Sports Connection for £19.95 ( Zavvi's normal price is £39.95, and on Amazon at the moment it is £49.99). I don't fancy this one, hope they come up with some I want in future weeks.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
went to game earlier, they are offering £110 trade in for a 250gb playstation 3 with the 50% it becomes £165 + £20 deposit to be eligible for the additional credit. that's not bad right? the zombiu bundle is £350 so getting it nearly half price is pretty good in my book. I also have a ton of games I might trade in as well bringing the price down even more, which means more games!

What are they offering for Xbox slims? Might trade back the one I bought from them in their firesale

Moze

Banned
Amazon refused to let me have one for £199 even though i ordered one for £199 in june

the annoying thing about it is i ordered at £264 BEFORE it went down to £199 so the people who ordered after me got a cheaper price

ah well shit happens

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
A friend that pre-ordered the Wii U from The Hut told me about a special offer.

Apparently, as a reward for keeping his pre-order with them, each week they will be emailing out a coupon which lets you pre-order a Wii U game at a special discount price - this week it's Sports Connection for £19.95. They will also give £20 worth of vouchers when the console ships.

What are they offering for Xbox slims? Might trade back the one I bought from them in their firesale

sorry, I didn't ask but I think the trade in value should be comparable if you have a 250gb slim. I'm going back at some point next week to confirm my pre-order and find out when the trade in offer starts, I can ask if you haven't already found out by then.

do you have a 4gb or a 250gb slim?

Tu101uk

Just had an e-mail from Zavvi. They say they will honour the Wii U price when I pre-ordered (even though the price is higher now), also offering cheap games - a different one each week until the Wii U is released. This week it is Ubisoft's Sports Connection for £19.95 ( Zavvi's normal price is £39.95, and on Amazon at the moment it is £49.99). I don't fancy this one, hope they come up with some I want in future weeks.
That's great to hear, sounds like my own preorder should be safe. Hopefully NintendoLand gets on that deal during the run-up to launch...

O-O~

I have the ZombiU bundle from when it was £299 - think I'm gonna hold onto it, even if I'm not a survival horror fan, considering the pro controller seems to be about £30! it's still worth the punt. I still want NintendoLand though...

kitsuneyo

I have the ZombiU bundle from when it was £299 - think I'm gonna hold onto it, even if I'm not a survival horror fan, considering the pro controller seems to be about £30! it's still worth the punt. I still want NintendoLand though...

I've got the Nintendo Land bundle ordered, but I want ZombiU. Wanna swap games?

Holy crap I just checked and assasins creed is £60 now on ubishop...

ZombiU is now £49.99 as well. I think it was £39.99 before :/

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Interesting article here. It seems Nintendo has listed the EU release date as the 23rd November in certain web adverts - could it be arriving one week earlier? Worth bearing in mind if you plan on pre-ordering.

http://www.nintendo-nation.net/wii-u-november-23-date/

brilliant, but I'll be getting it from Italy which usually gets euro stuff one week later. Might reconsider it, if I can find better prices in the future

Pre-ordered 2 months ago and got a call from the gamestore this afternoon to confirm on wich Wii-U pack i'd be interested in.

ZombiU Pack for 367 Euro's (my pick)
Premium Black Pack for 329
Basic White Pack for 279

Not a bad price, in my humblest opinion.
Might eventualy get a second, basic white pack for in the bedroom or studio!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Ubisoft just cancelled my ac3 pre order :(
I was waiting for that. Mine hasn't been killed yet, but it's going to happen, bah.

What's of course weird is how the PC edition is still £35. Now I may not be too bright, but licensing fee's for WiiU (And 360 and PS3 for that matter) don't add up to £25 do they?

Stop It

Hmm, I paid via paypal so they already have my money. Wonder if they'll cancel it for me as well.

will be interesting to see

My credit card still shows the money as reserved, but not charged out of my account, so yeah, should be interesting.

dyergram, did you get a cancellation e-mail? What did it say if so?

dyergram

My credit card still shows the money as reserved, but not charged out of my account, so yeah, should be interesting.

dyergram, did you get a cancellation e-mail? What did it say if so?
It said they cancelled my order due to me not paying within 3 days which is bizarre as it says on their site they don't charge until the game is dispatched. I've sent them a suitably snooty email informing them of their mistake and my assumption that the order will be reinstated.

Stop It

It said they cancelled my order due to me not paying within 3 days which is bizarre as it says on their site they don't charge until the game is dispatched. I've sent them a suitably snooty email informing them of their mistake and my assumption that the order will be reinstated.

I think they do a pre-charge to see if you have enough money in your account, or at least, it's sitting on my credit card as such. Did the account you're using to pay for it have enough money in there? At least it wasn't a cancel due to a pricing error, which makes me at least hopeful Ubi aren't going around and cancelling all of these orders just yet.

Got a similar cancellation email yesterday but that was because I used paypal to pre-order and apparently their policies on charging differ if you use paypal or the click and buy option. Luckily I placed an order using my debit card around the same time just to be sure and its fine.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess it was wise to use a credit card then. That AssCreed deal was pretty much too good to ignore. Hopefully the game delivers.

Top Bottom