• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On to my 4th X360

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBetts

The number of people who would trade a working 360 for 4 broken ones and the chance to complain about it is not zero.

Kituka

You know, you ought to quit bitching. I have had one Xbox 360 from launch and the thing works fine. Of course, I don't play it all that much BECAUSE I HAVE A LIFE APART FROM VIDEOGAMES. Sitting in front of a stupid television pressing buttons on a controller is a sad waste of time if you do it too much. Try something else, like getting your ass in shape.

VALIS

DenogginizerOS said:
For those of you having gone through multiple X360's, are you using a surge protector? Have you checked the voltage in your outlets? It seems odd that a few of you on this board are on your 3rd or 4th system in such a short timespan.

I was wondering the same thing yesterday. I mean, these aren't NESes, they're really more like mini-computers than traditional consoles. Always use a surge protector (and a good one, not a $4.99 one from Walgreens), always put it on a flat/hard surface, don't box it in tightly - give it room to breathe, and would it kill you to bring it some flowers or candy once in a while? Thoughtless bastards.

Kituka said:
You know, you ought to quit bitching. I have had one Xbox 360 from launch and the thing works fine. Of course, I don't play it all that much BECAUSE I HAVE A LIFE APART FROM VIDEOGAMES. Sitting in front of a stupid television pressing buttons on a controller is a sad waste of time if you do it too much. Try something else, like getting your ass in shape.
PostsTotal Posts: 1 (0.00 posts per day)
Find all posts by Kituka
Find all threads started by Kituka
Kituka
Banned
(Today, 02:09 PM)
Reply | Quote

:lol

EGM92

MrPing1000 said:
So taking this into account, I think we can all agree that all sales data regarding Xbox 360 hardware should now be divided by 4.

*caugh*6*caugh*

I got a refurb unit this week but really haven't had a chance to play it.

Earlier this week I had some renovations being done to my house so I moved my HDTV and my setup to my basement which is a cool 20C no matter what time of the year it is. I played Oblivion for an hour or so everything played perfect (everytime I would press the guide button it didn't stutter while it was coming out which is a new experience for me :p). Then my girlfriend decided to watch a couple episode of LOST season 1. And now I'm getting that stupid Message reaver18 is getting but only after about 10-15minutes into DVD's. If the console is "overheating" with an ambient temp of 20C then something is seriously ****ed. Games seem to be working fine though. No problems besides that one yet, I'm going to call in and bitch Until I get a PERFECT console, this is un-****ing-believable!

Here's a picture I took right now!

DSCF3325.jpg

scarybore

EGM92 said:
*caugh*6*caugh*

I got a refurb unit this week but really haven't had a chance to play it.

Earlier this week I had some renovations being done to my house so I moved my HDTV and my setup to my basement which is a cool 20C no matter what time of the year it is. I played Oblivion for an hour or so everything played perfect (everytime I would press the guide button it didn't stutter while it was coming out which is a new experience for me :p). Then my girlfriend decided to watch a couple episode of LOST season 1. And now I'm getting that stupid Message reaver18 is getting but only after about 10-15minutes into DVD's. If the console is "overheating" with an ambient temp of 20C then something is seriously ****ed. Games seem to be working fine though. No problems besides that one yet, I'm going to call in and bitch Until I get a PERFECT console, this is un-****ing-believable!

Here's a picture I took right now!

DSCF3325.jpg

I got the exact same images but for game DVDs which is why I sent my second 360 back. Can't believe how many idiots are blaming the users in this thread, we just want a 360 in full working condition and we will keep getting our 360s "fixed" till we do.

EGM92

Deathcraze said:
I got the exact same images but for game DVDs which is why I sent my second 360 back. Can't believe how many idiots are blaming the users in this thread, we just want a 360 in full working condition and we will keep getting our 360s "fixed" till we do.

Exactly, all I want is a 100% fully functional console. I might break the record, if everything goes as planned I'll be on my 7th console by the end of next week. Does it look like my console is on a carpet or a dirty floor? NO. It's actually on top of a "Mini" wine cooler we use to chill wine when we have guests, it helps cool the PSU and the X360 console while keeping my beers refreshingly good.

BuddyC

VictimOfGrief said:
Here's the problem... someone tell you that not every Xbox 1 game is BC? :lol
That's not even close to the error message you get when you plug in a non BC-Xbox title.

BuddyC said:
That's not even close to the error message you get when you plug in a non BC-Xbox title.
Or is it? Truthfully though that does suck for the guy and does say quite a bit about MS quality control.... or lack there of.

EGM92

forgeforsaken said:
What is that 360 standing on, is that a subwoofer?

did you read my post? or just being ignorent? it's a wine cooler, my sub is built into the TV.
you grab it from the bottom slot and pull it out like a rack and the bottles are lined up.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
and would it kill you to bring it some flowers or candy once in a while? Thoughtless bastards.

LOL

I wouldn't run my machine vertically, I just don't trust it for some reason. Curious, from the people having so many problems....do you all run it vertical?

antoniogaud said:
You guys are either making this up or you have the absolute worst luck ever. About 7 of my friends have a 360 and NONE of them have broken even once. How is it possible to have one break on you 4 times?!

Maybe there is something wrong with the electrical systems in your house. Get a power stabilizer or something man!

Wow, a whole seven.

/thread

It's amazing how microsoft provides the most defective number of X360 to the country where they have the shortest guaranty time. I've seen no X360 broken in Europe. Microsoft must know that an american in a few months has to deal with the broken thing while the europen can change it for free for longer time than xbox 1 lifetime :lol :lol :lol

VPhys

Vaandaviii said:
It's amazing how microsoft provides the most defective number of X360 to the country where they have the shortest guaranty time. I've seen no X360 broken in Europe. Microsoft must know that an american in a few months has to deal with the broken thing while the europen can change it for free for longer time than xbox 1 lifetime :lol :lol :lol

What is the warranty in Europe/Japan?

EGM92

VPhys said:
What is the warranty in Europe/Japan?

in the European Union it varries from 1year up to 3 years on some products, I think countries like Sweden get 2years on their products.

I just remember this a lot of credit card owners can get an extended warrenty on their X360's by buying their console using the card. My girlfriend got a warrenty on her new PSP for 2 years for using her Visa.

Dylx

I think Microsoft has taken the sony ps2 situation a little to serious :lol ...........more broken consoles do not equal more sales

Candidates for Microsoft viral marketing in this thread are....

sharukins said:
my gamertag is MORON. please show us that picture

Nykad said:
post pictures or it didnt happen

you come to this forum and share your little story and you wount even bother posting one picture?

Norse said:
what a/c less trailer park in Arizona do you live in? You have enough power to even power the 360? Laying a x360 on 110 degree carpet in a non air condition trailer in Az will kill most anything...matter of fact, shouldnt you be dead as well?

How many lightning boltz hit your tv antenna? Unplug those other 5 power strips from the main one...the list is endless. Its all BS, but then again...so is this thread.

Kituka said:

And that doesn't count your standard run-of-the-mill fanboy damage control.

E-phonk

Banned
EGM92 said:
in the European Union it varries from 1year up to 3 years on some products, I think countries like Sweden get 2years on their products.
Nope, as of 2003, every store/hardware producer of electronic equipment is obliged to give you 2 years of warranty against any kind of failure. This includes almost anything except things like broken glass (on mobiles/tv's etc) and other things that might be caused by dropping or abuse. In most cases, stores have a deal with hardware producers to have free shipping on repairs.

EGM92

E-phonk said:
Nope, as of 2003, every store/hardware producer of electronic equipment is obliged to give you 2 years of warranty against any kind of failure. This includes almost anything except things like broken glass (on mobiles/tv's etc) and other things that might be caused by dropping or abuse. In most cases, stores have a deal with hardware producers to have free shipping on repairs.

I haven't lived in Europe since oh 1993 when I was living with my Mother in Italy and my Father France so I haven't kept up with their warrenty coverage, but good to know :)

Stink

Vaandaviii said:
I'm UK based, I've had two systems fail now, looked like bad graphics memory/overheating GPU. I haven't risked getting a third, went for a refund instead. Can't be bothered with the downtime between replacement units.

Trying to sit on my hands until the 2007 process shrink. :/

Barnolde

Banned
I think my replacement unit is on its way out, it's freezing more often and I've noticed that my screen sometimes and for no reason just gets brighter. Not to mention the spring update ****ed up my dashboard. This is ****ing pathetic.

Kittonwy

Banned
EGM92 said:
Exactly, all I want is a 100% fully functional console. I might break the record, if everything goes as planned I'll be on my 7th console by the end of next week. Does it look like my console is on a carpet or a dirty floor? NO. It's actually on top of a "Mini" wine cooler we use to chill wine when we have guests, it helps cool the PSU and the X360 console while keeping my beers refreshingly good.

What the? Am I reading it right? SEVENTH console?
indifferent.gif

I want those beers btw.
Indifferent2.gif

Amir0x

Banned
At 7 consoles, I'd pretty much give up on that company forever unless they endorsed me with the promise to receive every first party offering for the next 4 years :p

BuddyC

Amir0x said:
At 7 consoles, I'd pretty much give up on that company forever unless they endorsed me with the promise to receive every first party offering for the next 4 years :p
But what if the hardware and a game or two was free from the get-go and then repeatedly failed?

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I wouldn't buy XB360 or PS3 without some kind of extended warranty. They're cramming a lot of hardware into these machines and then manufacturing them as fast as they can. They should really offer more than a 90 day basic warranty.

mrmyth

I'm on my third. First one's flash rom was FUBARed and wouldn't save dashboard updates. The refurb MS sent was scratched all to shit and got killed by Burnout Revenge. Third one is working peachy.

They all sat in the theater room in the basement, which is always colder than the rest of the house and completely light blocked. Each one sits/sat flat on a wire shelf in a minimalist equipment rack. The PC I'm making this post on is a Pentium D 920 overclocked to 4.2 and watercooled. I know how to take care of equipment.

I'm about to get my 2nd one soon. I was told by Customer Support that it would be a new machine too and not just mine repaired. FYI the warranty is 6 months so if you go over they will charge you for it.

EGM92

Warm Machine said:
I'm about to get my 2nd one soon. I was told by Customer Support that it would be a new machine too and not just mine repaired. FYI the warranty is 6 months so if you go over they will charge you for it.

A "new machine" doesn't alway mean new machine. You might get a refurb that was someone elses. My current unit is a refurb and it smells REALLY bad like some potent curry, the rear sticker where the S/N and other info is has a red stain on it which also smells bad :(

DrLazy

I got the red ring at my friend's Xbox 360 the other day. Didn't realise it was a common thing to get the "ring of death." I'll have to tell him. Its his 2nd 360 too.

Polari

EGM92 said:
A "new machine" doesn't alway mean new machine. You might get a refurb that was someone elses. My current unit is a refurb and it smells REALLY bad like some potent curry, the rear sticker where the S/N and other info is has a red stain on it which also smells bad :(

:lol

Sorry, but considering it's your 6th 360 and all, that's just too funny. You'd think 6th time around they'd send you a new one, but apparently not.

They must know what the problem is by now and they just are not saying what it is and they probably have yet to do a proper work around.

bee

E-phonk said:

this applies to the UK yeah? any kind of link available? i didnt know this and my house looks a like a branch of dixons , so i hope its true :D

reaver18 said:
Got one on launch, didn't work. Replaced it at Gamestop, worked for 7 months then crapped out. Called MS and got a service request, waited a whole month because 360 support is slower than a tortoise. Got my 360 back yesterday, worked for a day. Get back from work today, and woohoo ****ing disc read errors galore. Now they're sending me another box to get another god damn 360. ugh.....

you got bad luck, jinks :)

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
reaver18 said:
Got one on launch, didn't work. Replaced it at Gamestop, worked for 7 months then crapped out. Called MS and got a service request, waited a whole month because 360 support is slower than a tortoise. Got my 360 back yesterday, worked for a day. Get back from work today, and woohoo ****ing disc read errors galore. Now they're sending me another box to get another god damn 360. ugh.....

I must be lucky since I got my 360 on Feburary it's been fine, once in awhile I would play Graw and it'll freeze up but thats it.

I can't wait to be "on my" 8th PS3.

That's going to stink.

Anyway, mine has been fine since launch. But pretty much half of the people I know that own one have had problems. Mostly hard drive problems though.

reaver18

Got my 360 back a couple days ago. works great so far except I noticed the serial number sticker on the back is faded off and it was manufactured before launch. :|

If it breaks again (jesus christ it better not), I'm asking for a new one from MS. The only good thing that's come from this is that the 2 year warranty I got from MS in November is being renewed everytime I get a new 360.

DCharlie

Banned
interesting , i saw this twice yesterday - it seemed weird, like the dash tried to run it as a DVD. Switched the unit off and reloaded and it was no problem.

I'm wondering if the last update did something a bit funky - theoretically, this is the message that pops up for "You are using this in a regular DVD dummy!" message :/

Ecrofirt

I'd imagine the reason Microsoft isnists there's such a low number of bad consoles, is that they aren't actually replacing the broken ones with good ones. They're replacing them with refurbed lemons that just crap out again and again, so their defect numbers aren't rising regardless of how many replacements you've had to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom