• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 review thread

vid

Unlock key arrived at exactly midnight (ET) - I'm pleasantly surprised.

If you're not too busy choking on "HAHA, ANOTHER DELAY!" jokes, check your Humble Bundle account. Your keys (if you're a backer) are probably there too.

Unlock key arrived at exactly midnight (ET) - I'm pleasantly surprised.

If you're not too busy choking on "HAHA, ANOTHER DELAY!" jokes, check your Humble Bundle account. Your keys (if you're a backer) are probably there too.

One of the backers said the code from the Humble Bundle account is invalid, though.

Also, they could have said the distribution method would be through HB so people could set up their accounts and link them in advance. Basic communication.

One of the backers said the code from the Humble Bundle account is invalid, though.

Also, they could have said the distribution method would be through HB so people could set up their accounts and link them in advance. Basic communication.

The codes are invalid. IN my case, they send the DLC code and not the actual key. So I can't do anything until I get the MN9 key first, redeem it then the DLC. The previous install that is in Steam is just useless now.

kunonabi

Ok I'm going to be annoyed if people get to buy the game off the shelves before I get my codes (especially if we are talking about days :/)

I'm not sure why everyone has such a love affair for X4. Yes I get Zero is playable for the first, "real" time and it has some good armor upgrades but the level design took such a nosedive IMO compared to previous games. X4 is perfectly fine but I like X2 and X3 more.

Yeah, I don't get the X4 love either. I played it again like a year ago and the level design was so incredibly awful and the rest of package wasn't much better. Finding upgrades and stuff in the first 3 games was exciting and fun. In X4 it feels like they just dump the stuff in your lap because they feel obligated to include them or something.

Ibuki

Banned
I don't think the keys are invalid. I got my PSN code as well.

Sometimes codes don't work until the store updates... this might be the case guys.

vid

The codes are invalid.

What system? I received a Steam key (plus the DLC codes) and redeemed it right away with no problem. It's not in my Steam library, although the game hasn't unlocked yet.

They covered this quite some time ago, back when the beta version and the "Special Demo" were sent out. Granted, that was quite some time ago, so I understand it'd be easy to forget.

Vamphuntr

The codes are invalid. IN my case, they send the DLC code and not the actual key. So I can't do anything until I get the MN9 key first, redeem it then the DLC. The previous install that is in Steam is just useless now.

I got nothing. Still only the demo trash in my humble bundle account.

Rokal

No email but I checked Humble Bundle and had an unredeemed MNO9 Purchase to claim in the Purchases tab. After doing that the keys showed up in the keys tab, and I could redeem them in Steam (though the game is still locked).

Damn, everyone acting like you backed a strain of super aids.

It's a 60 on metacritic. It's average. It's an outcome that all of you should have understood was possible in donating to a kickstarter. That's why investments are risks and not guarantees. Unless I missed the blood oath promise of a 90+ metacritic game if you contribute to a KS that hits it's goal. Bad games are invested in all the time. And I feel incorrect for even calling this a "bad" game, since the metacritic indicates once again, it's average. It's funny to see most of you perpetuate the horribly skewed perception of the 10-point scale; essentially this, where no other numbers exist:

2oYIGGH.png

There's plenty of shit to criticize this game for and understandable disappointment in some aspects, but the hyperbole is out of control. I'm still looking forward to killing a few hours on a Megaman-esque 2D platformer. As a backer, it didn't quite hit my expectations. But I don't see the point of expending so much energy on being a drama queen about the whole affair. It's an average downloadable 2D platformer. That's all.
You realize that the modern reviews that gave this game 6s use the "modern review" scale. It would rank as "Shit Sux".

blamite

I have a code for "Mighty No. 9 - plus Retro and Ray DLC PSN (America)" but it's invalid on PSN... Guess this is where I wait for PSN to update?

Eusis

EFUBDwF.png

So average breh.

Whether we like how the review scale works or not, it is what it is. Saying "6 is average," doesn't change that within the industry a six isn't really average.
I like to argue that it IS average... But why would most people want to settle for AVERAGE with entertainment? Competent but bland and boring? Great games can be gotten for cheap these days.

Meeps

So I just tried redeeming my Steam Ray DLC, but it was actually a code for the Retro Hero DLC. Then I tried to redeem the Retro Hero DLC and it says I already own it. This is going well. :|

Cmagus

So I just tried redeeming my Steam Ray DLC, but it was actually a code for the Retro Hero DLC. Then I tried to redeem the Retro Hero DLC and it says I already own it. This is going well. :|

I get an error saying the code is invalid so they are up but might not be activated or they gave out the codes wrong.

VariantX

I have a code for "Mighty No. 9 - plus Retro and Ray DLC PSN (America)" but it's invalid on PSN... Guess this is where I wait for PSN to update?

Same here, I guess we have to wait on Sony... which means nothing will happen until tomorrow afternoon at this rate.

Interesting. Thanks for the update.

What system? I received a Steam key (plus the DLC codes) and redeemed it right away with no problem. It's not in my Steam library, although the game hasn't unlocked yet.

PS4

They covered this quite some time ago, back when the beta version and the "Special Demo" were sent out. Granted, that was quite some time ago, so I understand it'd be easy to forget.

I just checked the Beta email sent on September 01, 2014. The redemption was directly through Steam with a code. My HB page is linked with my Steam and there is nothing on there yet.

It could be that I might get the codes on the 24th since I backed the project with a card outside NA and Asia (but the address has since changed to Japan).

ElRenoRaven

Wow. Between the reviews and everyone's code problems I really am glad I pulled out before it closed on kickstarter. I started getting bad feelings toward the end. Glad I trusted my gut on this. Shame too cause I was hoping It would have proven me wrong.

mosaic

go eat paint
Received XB1 codes in my Humble Bundle. They redeemed fine and it's downloading.

Didn't receive any PC codes though.

Cmagus

I'm in the same boat as him. Stuff redeemed fine, but the Ray code was a Retro costume code.

Strange, if you could redeem it then it must be a problem with the codes. When I put it in it says it's valid and gives me a check mark but it won't work.

Top Bottom