• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 review thread

jacobeid

Banned
It's nice to know that my pledged [amount withheld, due to shame] means something to Comcept. I really appreciate that.

Honestly, it's beginning to feel like Comcept themselves had little faith in their game, so they intentionally held back the backer codes being sent out. They knew that the backers were among the more passionate for the game (having Kickstarted the project, in the first place), and they weren't happy with how it turned out. They knew, if they released them to backers ahead of release, that forums would be flooded with complaints, and it would impact sales for the digital/physical copies upon official launch.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

My thoughts as well.

I'm wondering if that E3 demo for Bloodstained will be released before this.

Last I heard, the Bloodstained thing was being held up by Steam for an unknown reason.

mosaic

go eat paint
I'll just be happy to get a key, any key. (Not THE "Any" key though).

Received so many surveys and false starts that I'm not sure what I'll end up with. I paid extra for two keys on the assumption I'd do PC/XB1. Now, I'll be happy to get anything in addition to the t-shirt.

It really is a nice and comfy t-shirt.

BiggNife

ironically enough I met Inafune at SGC a month or so before the kickstarter launched. I had him sign my copy of Megaman X. That cartridge continues to laugh at me to this day
Lmao I still have a fucking Mega Man Legends 3 poster signed by him from NYCC

It's fucking hilarious in retrospect so I think I'm gonna keep it forever

KingBroly

Banned
X6 was ok, but X7 had those 3D sections.

X6 was just overwhelming. I think there's a video series on youtube of a guy doing a pacifist+no hit run on Nightmare and got all the Reploids. And he basically described it as the worst thing ever.

X7 also had BURN BURN BURN BURN TO THE BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND

bumpkin

It's nice to know that my pledged [amount withheld, due to shame] means something to Comcept. I really appreciate that.

Honestly, it's beginning to feel like Comcept themselves had little faith in their game, so they intentionally held back the backer codes being sent out. They knew that the backers were among the more passionate for the game (having Kickstarted the project, in the first place), and they weren't happy with how it turned out. They knew, if they released them to backers ahead of release, that forums would be flooded with complaints, and it would impact sales for the digital/physical copies upon official launch.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
It's possible, but it's still absolutely disgusting etiquette on their part. I backed the game (now regretfully) at a relatively high tier ($250), I still don't have all of the physical or digital rewards I was promised and obviously don't have the game yet either.

And as expected, the streak of radio silence from Comcept continues as I haven't seen or heard a peep today about the status of codes for backers. I didn't have any expectations of having it early or something - although giving it to backers early would have been an act of good will - but I'm definitely miffed that people walking into stores or on their respective digital storefronts will have it before me.

BiggNife

Lol a whole lot of shit can change in six years huh

ClccrqhWEAAUAB6.jpg

I was ecstatic to meet infaune and now I can barely muster any excitement for MN9 despite backing it

People who buy the game normally are gonna get it before backers looooooool

That's assuming people still buy the game. What we can be certain is that PC and home console owners will get it before handheld owners NAMELY as I don't see those versions ever coming after the mess this ended up being. I'm sure Inafune was breathing on huge numbers to fund that development.

Next question is if the cross media stuff is still a go.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
4 Million Dollars.

What's funny is Vanillaware's beautifully drawn 2D brawler, Dragon's Crown is their most expensive game costing over $1m.

Crocodile

Ok I'm going to be annoyed if people get to buy the game off the shelves before I get my codes (especially if we are talking about days :/)

lets be real there's X1, X4, and them other ones

I'm not sure why everyone has such a love affair for X4. Yes I get Zero is playable for the first, "real" time and it has some good armor upgrades but the level design took such a nosedive IMO compared to previous games. X4 is perfectly fine but I like X2 and X3 more.

KarmaCow

Oh so no one else got their keys. Judging by how they fuckbotched up the platform survey, we aren't getting keys till long after launch.

Top Bottom