• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Link's cap and tunic do not look good in the production version. It's a shame because everything else looks good to me.

FWIW somebody on MFC got an e-mail response from Medicom which seems to be indicating that it was Nintendo's decision. The English isn't perfect though, so I'm assuming the intent was to say that licensor instructions are the reason for this specific change, and not that it's just generally applicable to variances from the prototypes of all their products.
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Regarding the tunic of a RAH LINK, there was a change of its color and a materiel under the supervision of the licenser. In general, the prototype has a possibility of revising as we mentioned, and in fact it would revised many times with licenser's Instructions. As a toy maker, we have to follow their instructions. They consider that the final products is more realistic to the character and we respect their approval. Thank you for your kind understanding.
Best regards,

There's the email, even if it was true Nintendo made the change to tunic they could've shown off the final product in updated images at least.

LiK

There's the email, even if it was true Nintendo made the change to tunic they could've shown off the final product in updated images at least.

Man, that seems like BS to me. They cheaped out on the materials, imo.

Btw, we still get the normal face right? Not a fan of the screaming face.

The rest of the thing looks okay I guess.

Doesn't look too bad there. I'm gonna expect customizers will just create their own tunics for the figure.

NEO0MJ

I'm proud to say that I am now the owner of Revoltech Yamaguchi Number 70: Arc Gurren Lagann!

With this addition my collection has all four of Gurren Lagann's forms in the Revoltech line. Can't wait to add more.

I wish I could like revoltech as they're the only form of TTGL figures available but I just can't :(
Also, I wish we had a good Space King Kittan figure.

So RAH Link is the last ever RAH figure I ever purchase. Medicom are completely unreliable as far living up to the prototype are concerned. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but this is what to expect...
NKu5HQJ.png

WTF?!

Wow, Link's cap and tunic do not look good in the production version. It's a shame because everything else looks good to me.

FWIW somebody on MFC got an e-mail response from Medicom which seems to be indicating that it was Nintendo's decision. The English isn't perfect though, so I'm assuming the intent was to say that licensor instructions are the reason for this specific change, and not that it's just generally applicable to variances from the prototypes of all their products.

I'd believe them if they didn't have a history of botched production releases.

LiK

Man, she's getting pricey. I don't really have any affinity for Queen's Blade outside of Risty. I might buy a figure of that Nun chick at some point, though.

Yea, I didn't think she would suddenly sell out and be overpriced. Her preorder was open for literally months in several sites whenever I checked. Then a month before release, she's sold out and prices jumped.

Yea, I didn't think she would suddenly sell out and be overpriced. Her preorder was open for literally months in several sites whenever I checked. Then a month before release, she's sold out and prices jumped.

I do love the 1/6 scale, and Alleyne might have been an impulse buy once upon a time, but not at her current prices.

Luigi87

My freaking order and Canada Post...
Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.
Someone has been at my house all day, there has been no delivery attempt has been made, and there is no card.

Also RAH Link... I'm expecting it in this order, but... wtf.

Ugh, F4F are so ridiculously overpriced for what you get.

Anyhoo, Danny Choo's Mirai Automatic Smart Doll will be going on sale end of the year for $900. Might need to save up. I've never been one for dolls but it's a freaking robot.

Bombless

Anyhoo, Danny Choo's Mirai Automatic Smart Doll will be going on sale end of the year for $900. Might need to save up. I've never been one for dolls but it's a freaking robot.

It does seem to be official. I will hold for a while, see how the release goes. And I'd prefer a Miku version. I wonder if the Shimakaze version was an April Fool's. It'd be a huge boost for the Smart Doll and the 30M$ would definitely allow him to get the license.

LiK

Metroid's Samus was $100 originally and that was the right price. Now they're just reaching even with the size.

I wish I could like revoltech as they're the only form of TTGL figures available but I just can't :(
Also, I wish we had a good Space King Kittan figure.

Well to be fair, they aren't the only line that pumped out TTGL figures, but they were certainly the most prominent one. They may not be as impressive as Gundam models or the Soul of Chogokin line, but given their size I think Revoltech makes decent mecha figures.

Hey made it before the post office closed.

I am now deeply ashamed at what I have done. Even video games don't manage to remind you to be ashamed at every opportunity like this.

shame87ucg.jpg

meijiko

I preordered the Zelda statue. In the realm of figure-collecting, yes, she is overpriced. In the realm of Zelda collecting, it's actually priced about right. If you happen to look at aftermarket values of just about any of their early ~$100 statues, you know they'd be really dumb to do that price point again. I do hope that F4F someday gives it a rest with their giant polystone statues, though. We don't have the space to keep going on for much longer.

I got RAH Link, Olivia, and Mirakurun in the mail today, but I'm going to be playing too much PDF2nd to mess with them yet.

Hey made it before the post office closed.

I am now deeply ashamed at what I have done. Even video games don't manage to remind you to be ashamed at every opportunity like this.

shame87ucg.jpg

I take it that's Olivia? It looks about the same size as the box Hobby Search sent mine in.

Now to find a place to put her before I unbox her.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm not buying anymore of these shitty cast-offs from MegaHouse. Jesus fuck. Risty's top doesn't even stretch far enough to button at the back. And thanks for not including instructions, you fucking twats.

javac

I'm proud to say that I am now the owner of Revoltech Yamaguchi Number 70: Arc Gurren Lagann!

With this addition my collection has all four of Gurren Lagann's forms in the Revoltech line. Can't wait to add more.

Your move, javac.

Is he...is he making this personal? Oh shit you making this personal! D:
:p Nice figure man! Looking forward to seeing how it grows. Peirce the figure heaven!

I'm looking into some more figures and the DBZ geek in me is taking over. What do you all think of the following?

Windam

Scaley member
Figure I might as well ask here. Anyone know where I can get (a) relatively inexpensive but detailed Nu Gundam and/or Delta Gundam figurine or model kit?

javac

Figure I might as well ask here. Anyone know where I can get (a) relatively inexpensive but detailed Nu Gundam and/or Delta Gundam figurine or model kit?

I'm a massive noob with figures and even more so with model kits however I think one of the best places to look is here. The site has hentai and the sort on it so beware :p

Not too familiar with the Gundam versions and stuff so I don't think I'll humiliate myself trying to find specifics for you but looking through the sites in the OP and just searching around will be the best way. Also looking here is a good idea. It generally shows you official pictures and user taken pictures as well as the date it was released, original price and user comments that will help identify how much is the going rate and if you've found a good deal.

Typing in nu gundam in the site above for example brings up all these. You could look through them, and if you see the one you like you could see when it was released, the original price, pics of it and comments that might indicate if it's rare or whatever.

I found this and this for example, but obviously I have no idea on the scale you want, price bracket or specific model etc. You're just going to do a bit of research I'm afraid unless someone here knows more about gundam figures. Sorry for not helping much.

That figure of Lunch on the hover cycle is dope.

Yeah it's my fave of the three!

Is he...is he making this personal? Oh shit you making this personal! D:
:p Nice figure man! Looking forward to seeing how it grows. Peirce the figure heaven!

I'm looking into some more figures and the DBZ geek in me is taking over. What do you all think of the following?

Never seen the original Dragonball, only Z, but I would say it's a tossup between that hover cycle and Bulma. How big are they?

Never seen the original Dragonball, only Z, but I would say it's a tossup between that hover cycle and Bulma. How big are they?

Lunch is about 5" and Bulma is a bit over 8". Amazon has both in stock. Pricey, though, considering they're prize figures. Lunch goes for about $40 and the only Bulma I saw is listed at $85.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom