• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale gone gold ; final boss revealed

Very well done intro, better than I expected it would be. Seriously was thinking there may not have even been an intro lol.

Toro kicking Heihachi in the back of the knee was pretty funny.

Very well done intro, better than I expected it would be. Seriously was thinking there may not have even been an intro lol.

Toro kicking Heihachi in the back of the knee was pretty funny.

Anything Toro does is funny. I'm thinking of maining him just because of how hilarious he looks when pulling off his moves.

KalBalboa

Banned
8167149809_6908a643a8_c.jpg

8167179980_1e6e074aea_c.jpg

I don't recall this Polygon man at all.

I remember the U R Not (red)e ads, though. And the ones with that chick from Toshinden. Was working at Gamestop at the time.

Great trailer, but the lack of environment bugs me.

Was just thinking that maybe they went with an XMB themed intro because that is what you see when you start up your PS3 so this being the start of the game these characters are in the XMB waiting (fighting) to get in or pulled in by Polygon man.

That's my own Fan Fiction version of it lol.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Sackboy throwing his arms open for a hug kinda made me sag in my chair from cuteness depression for a minute. Definitely one of the more ace pieces of the trailer. Kratos/Sweet Tooth was fuckin killer as well... Radec as well... I dunno... i wasn't totally sold on this. Never really thought Brawl was amazing but it was fun every now and then and if I get to be some of my nostalgic favorites from the ps past... well.... could be a winner.

Really hoping some Battle Arena/Einhander/Kain(blood omen style)/Bushido Blade or Carnage heart/Cool Boarders/Gex/Solid Snake (he's gotta be dlc right??) and a few others slowly drip feed their way into the game. Waaaay too many classics to ignore and let stuff like fat princess and 2 Cole Mcgraths in. I have to believe they are leaving space to grow in there and don't wanna shoot their secret weapons off all at the start of the race. .... if there was a god there would either be a Jet Moto special or a Jet Moto stage to fight on. Because it's Jet Fucking Moto and they need to make a ps3 sequel already PLEASE SONY DO IT RIGHT NAO!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
No one outside of Asia knows who Toro is, so I don't think that'll really matter. He's a menacing looking character and provided they have a history section in the game it'll become clear enough.
Well, no one knew who Marth and Roy were either

Corto

Nariko vs. Dante and Sack Boy/Little Sister hug infuriating Big Daddy were the highlights for me. Loved the trailer.

SeriousApes

Most of the rivalries look pretty good. I'm not sure I understand Evil Cole vs Fat Princess, though. I did like the part with Sir Dan kneeling before FP.

Thread needs more OUTRAGE cause Bioshock gets 2 characters in the intro and apparently Bioshock ain't a playstation game.

Or something.

Really nice intro, I liked how well the character transitions worked, well except Cole just seemingly strolling through the middle of the punchup, I guess after already having Evil Cole throw lightning to make his entrance it makes sense that good Cole is just going to waltz in smiling away, because that's what good guys do right?

Of course Sir Dan is the man.

pantsmith

Even though I want this game to do well as I think the idea is cool, I think it will ultimately bomb due to lack of hype and interest, and won't do much for the 'Bioshock = Xbox' thing.

How is Brawl allowed to have Sonic and Snake, in a celebration of Nintendo games, but this game isn't allowed to have Big Daddy?

Not calling you out, or anyone really. Just dont understand why theres the double standard.

Lol, not quite. I wish. I must have missed these ads or they just weren't that memorable to me. I even remember the T-Rex from the PS1 demo disc!

EDIT - Anybody got a Youtube link for one of these Polygon Man ads? I can't find one on there.

They were print ads, if I remember correctly.

How is Brawl allowed to have Sonic and Snake, in a celebration of Nintendo games, but this game isn't allowed to have Big Daddy?

Not calling you out, or anyone really. Just dont understand why theres the double standard.

Sonic at least has found a pretty nice home on Nintendo platforms since Sega dropped out the console race, plus there's that 16 bit rivalry with Mario.

Now Snake....well I ain't got anything for that one.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with a Big Daddy being in the game (although I would obviously rather have some truly iconic PS characters like Snake, Crash Bandicoot or Spyro), but I have no problem seeing why others find it strange that Big Daddy appears in a PS-centric mascot fighter.

Shtof

Just haters basically. Logic aren't usually a point they consider.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The only way a white glove will be iconic is if it has a black arm attached to it.

heh heh heh

a lot of the hate seems to be double standard. i get that people dont like what theyve played, but some reactions at character choices and the like are just ridiculous.

Ploid 3.0

That's a beautiful video, it gives me chills Super Bot. Congrats and I can't wait to sink my teeth into this game. The Little Sister, Sackboy, Bigdaddy triangle was so cute.

mantidor

Sonic at least has found a pretty nice home on Nintendo platforms since Sega dropped out the console race, plus there's that 16 bit rivalry with Mario.

Now Snake....well I ain't got anything for that one.

The urban legend says Kojima asked for it.

I guess Nintendo and Sega have more history, which makes battle royale less cohesive In comparIson. I personally think Crash and Spyro not being in the game, and bioshock being, is kind of a travesty.

BadWolf

The urban legend says Kojima asked for it.

I guess Nintendo and Sega have more history, which makes battle royale less cohesive In comparIson. I personally think Crash and Spyro not being in the game, and bioshock being, is kind of a travesty.

Its not so much not putting them in the game as not being able to get them, Crash in particular.

Top Bottom