• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale gone gold ; final boss revealed

prwxv3

I can understand the hate toward having big daddy and donte as picks but I find comments about how most of the roster is multiplatform hilarious.

Iacobellis

Any possibility we will see the preorder costumes as DLC in the future? I am on the fence about this game, despite being in the closed beta.

And won't do much for the 'Bioshock = Xbox' thing.

This post ain't towards you or anything but my thoughs about BD:

I really really really don't get the people that think BD in the game makes no sense or isn't a playstation all-star. First off Bioshock series is a million seller on PS3 alone so it's a big franchise on Sony platform so that should be enough justification already. Not to forget it is one of the highest regarded games this gen.

And lets say you think BD is an ''xbox character''. Why does that even matter? Let's say you played and enjoyed Bioshock on 360 and later see him in this game. Is the first thing you feel about when playing this game some weird ass frustration that he appears on another console? Sounds like worst fanboy shit ever.

Big Daddy is an PS allstar just as he is XBOX allstar. 2 Coles and new Dante I give my full blessings for anyone to rip apart but Big Daddy is fuckin awesome quest character.

SoulUnison

Banned
I'll still never get over how Sony doesn't get Snake, but Nintendo does.

That and the lack of Crash, Spyro and Cloud.

I'm glad Narioko got in - Heavenly Sword s criminally under appreciated - but A Cloud VS Dante rivalry would have been amazing.

I guess I would have liked to see Sora make the roster, too, but, you know Disney.

I don't get the Fat Princess VS Evil Cole rivalry at all. Were they just the last two unmatched characters?

sublimit

Banned
The PSASBR thread mentioned something about Team Ico not wanting them in a fighting game.

Yeah this crossed my mind as well,i guess they are not the type of characters to fit in a game like this.I'm not sure if i'd want that either.

This probably shows how much Sony respects thoses games and Team Ico in general.No wonder they are giving them so much free reign on TLG.

um I just realized something, since my vita use US psn account, that mean I have to buy the US region of the game, and since I live in Asia, I can't preorder to get the bonus costume. usually preorder dlc in US games are included in all first batch of Asian copy.

dammit, and I'm not sure preorder dlc will be available for people who doesn't preorder the game.

Corto

Yeah this crossed my mind as well,i guess they are not the type of characters to fit in a game like this.I'm not sure if i'd want that either.

This probably shows how much Sony respects thoses games and Team Ico in general.No wonder they are giving them so much free reign on TLG.

I would think Ueda has Sony by the balls. If Sony wants to recoup even a fraction of the money they threw at this game they need to bow to his every whim. Wander or Ico being in this game wouldn't detract the original games.

Boss Man

Looks like they nailed most of the rivalries.

I especially like:

Ratchet & Clank vs. Jak & Daxter
Sly Cooper vs. Nathan Drake
Sweet Tooth vs. Kratos
Nariko vs. Dante

Would still really like to see Cloud, Crash, and/or Spyro though.

Takao

Banned

Wasn't just Team Ico, Superbot had to get permission from each development team behind the franchises represented.

Tsunamo

Any possibility we will see the preorder costumes as DLC in the future? I am on the fence about this game, despite being in the closed beta.
I'd say it's likely they will pop-up on the PSN eventually.
That trailer was pretty neat. Has this game had any commercials yet?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498677
It got that one in Europe, and (I think) the Live-Action trailer revealed in late October aired as the US commerical.

Roxas

Polygon Man makes sense in a storyline kinda way. Rejected, loser ex-mascot comes back for his revenge...

How is Brawl allowed to have Sonic and Snake, in a celebration of Nintendo games, but this game isn't allowed to have Big Daddy?

Not calling you out, or anyone really. Just dont understand why theres the double standard.

Well, the creator of Snake specifically asked for him to be in Smash and Sonic has been showing up on Nintendo systems since DC died. Plus it was fanservice to the max. I don't know if either of those reasons apply for Big Daddy, though.

This is Sony we are talking about here!

They do commercials for their bigger titles. I don't think this game is for me specifically, but I think i'll buy it to support the development team. Everyone has been so down on this game for pure fanboy reasons, I feel like they haven't gotten a fair shake. I liked how the game played when I played the beta, and the cross buy feature is enticing a purchase from me.

LOL at the bad cosplays and Fat Princess in drag. Good on them for advertising cross buy too.

sublimit

Banned
Wasn't just Team Ico, Superbot had to get permission from each development team behind the franchises represented.

Yeah but if someone was hesitant i'm sure Sony would try and convince them. I don't think that's the case with Team Ico though.Sony is (still) in love with this team.

Pejo

Gold Member
That was a fun, well put together trailer. Definitely will drum up some hype i believe. I haven't been following this game that closely, but I like some of the later roster additions. I will definitely pick this up.

prwxv3

Hopefully this sells well enough to get a sequel with a expanded roster. I dont think the budged is that high. It would also be nice to get games from old IPs like Parappa, Sir Dan, and Spike. A game for Polygon man would also be amazing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Combo counter or no buy.

Why did I click that!?

That's why when a game I really like or am somewhat interested in is out and I haven't played through it yet.. I usually avoid forums/social networking because people will spoil it. Usually on here though people are at least nice enough to make spoiler tags or threads. I had the ending/killer for Heavy Rain ruined for me thanks to some bullshit no-name blog that had an interesting headline.

KalBalboa

Banned
Well, the creator of Snake specifically asked for him to be in Smash and Sonic has been showing up on Nintendo systems since DC died. Plus it was fanservice to the max. I don't know if either of those reasons apply for Big Daddy, though.

Well, every Bioshock game is on a PlayStation console, so there's the Sonic on GC, DS, & Wii analogy. He's a popular character and that series has sold millions on PS3 alone, not to mention the fabled Bioshock Vita game.

Blablurn

just imagine they would have released this game 3 years ago. feels kinda late to the party. i still hope people will go for it. it looks great.

KalBalboa

Banned
That's why when a game I really like or am somewhat interested in is out and I haven't played through it yet.. I usually avoid forums/social networking because people will spoil it. Usually on here though people are at least nice enough to make spoiler tags or threads. I had the ending/killer for Heavy Rain ruined for me thanks to some bullshit no-name blog that had an interesting headline.

I actually beat inFamous 2 at launch, but I abstained from the evil path entirely. I got every trophy possible in every inFamous game aside from the evil ones in 2 because I felt the good ending was so perfectly canon. I tried keeping a blind eye to the alternate ending, but oh well.

I'll live.

Takao

Banned
just imagine they would have released this game 3 years ago. feels kinda late to the party. i still hope people will go for it. it looks great.

Three years ago would've put them a year removed from the latest Smash game. They've had a hard enough time not being called a pointless copy as it is without the need to have Brawl fresh in people's minds, lol.

It also fits with how the first Smash was released. It launched late in the N64's life, and that was Nintendo's third console. This is launching late in the PS3's life, and this is Sony's third console.

SmithnCo

Combo counter or no buy.

There kinda is a "counter" or at least a way to judge your combo, the numbers for your AP go up in your bar, and if you reach the max combo there's a cool effect.

There's not much of a point to a counter because at a certain amount, you break away anyway.

Blablurn

Three years ago would've put them a year removed from the latest Smash game. They've had a hard enough time not being called a pointless copy as it is without the need to have Brawl fresh in people's minds, lol.

It also fits with how the first Smash was released. It launched late in the N64's life, and that was Nintendo's third console. This is launching late in the PS3's life, and this is Sony's third console.

i see that point too. guess im just afraid it wont get the sales it deserves.

Top Bottom