• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Tenbatsu

dabookerman said:
yunamakeup.jpg
Perfect!:lol

AniHawk

xintin, I believe this is the first time you put the logo of the game somewhere where you could see the entire thing. Looks nice.

orioto

Good Art™
AniHawk said:
Not bad, but two things:

1. Make the information part easier to see (name of system, who makes it, and especially the name of the game)
2. His name is Kefka.

Hm no AniHawk sorry i won't :D

Canti

Man, I should've known no one else would do FFXI :lol

sevenchaos said:
Gosh darn it I sure do love Amano's art.

[What you're made of...]
I really like the idea behind this one. Clever slogan too.

xintin said:
[Advanced techniques]
Not sure how well it works as an advert but the best Photoshoppery skill going on with this one. :)

Hooray for brushes. Seriously though, nice work xintin.

I am trying to think of a good idea for an ad for FFVI featuring Ultros... something about evil giant octopuses loving opera. Any ideas?

So is it safe to assume this whole thing doesn't work with a full week? :p

It's not been touched for a day! I prefer the 48 hour challenges, it keeps it fresh and alive. If the regulars have all done FF ads, there's nothing much to keep the thread going.

I propose an early start for the next game.

AniHawk

Android18a said:
So is it safe to assume this whole thing doesn't work with a full week? :p

It's not been touched for a day! I prefer the 48 hour challenges, it keeps it fresh and alive. If the regulars have all done FF ads, there's nothing much to keep the thread going.

I propose an early start for the next game.

I think I'm going to have to go back through the thread, find all the people who bitched about how there was not enough time to do their ads, and how this thing would be so much better if it was a week long and make their lives miserable somehow, because when we went ahead and did that, they were suddenly nowhere to be found.

Anyway, I've got four more ads to do for this one. Then it's on to Rez DC/PS2/HD starting Sunday.

I'm also open to suggestions after this. Just no JRPG stuff for a while since it apparently means it's suddenly joke thread time.

Deft Beck

AniHawk said:
I think I'm going to have to go back through the thread, find all the people who bitched about how there was not enough time to do their ads, and how this thing would be so much better if it was a week long and make their lives miserable somehow, because when we went ahead and did that, they were suddenly nowhere to be found.

Anyway, I've got four more ads to do for this one. Then it's on to Rez DC/PS2/HD starting Sunday.
I'm also open to suggestions after this. Just no JRPG stuff for a while since it apparently means it's suddenly joke thread time.

About time.
Then maybe we could do Gitaroo Man?
(almost typed Gitaroo Hero, lol)

JPKellams

Hello all.

Sorry it took so long to get into this thread - But first of all, thanks for all the awesome MADWORLD ads you guys made!

It took a little time to work out the logistics, but SEGA and PlatinumGames both wanted to do something special for guys, so here we go...

We had Shigenori Nishikawa, director of MADWORLD, pick 10 of his favorite ads, and the community team at SEGA America has gotten some of the MADWORLD Caution Sign shirts for the 10 people selected.

These shirts are different from the NYCC shirts as they do not have the ComicCon logo type on the back, and the Caution sign is larger... So you guys are getting something rather rare from a really limited run.

So without further ado, here are Nishikawa's top 10 ads:

xintin
KevinCow
Android18a - 01
Orobi - 04
PBalfredo - 02
Galactic_Fork - a
Linkzg
robotnjik
Android18a - 02
Keyser_Soze

Since there are two Android18a ads there, I want to give the 10th shirt to Anihawk for starting an awesome thread.

If you could send me a PM with your name, mailing address, and size preference L or XL, SEGA America will mail out the shirts to you guys soon.

Once you get them, we love to see pictures of the shirts in action, so feel free to send them to us via PlatinumGames.com. You can hit us up by clicking the Contact button. I will be sure to share the pictures with the team, and with the guys at SEGA who made this happen.

Again, thanks so much. Enjoy the shirts... It is the least we can do.

-JP@PlatinumGames

mik

mik is unbeatable
Are Platinum Games the coolest devs on earth? Quite possibly. All I know is I'm going to be evangelizing their game like a motherlover when it comes out.

Thanks for taking notice and giving back to the fans. Supremely cool.

Hellcrow

PlatinumGamesJP said:

Woah, congratulations to all the winners! Post some pictures of the t-shirts when you get them. Also, kickass job platinumgames, great to see some developers showing fans love, can't wait for Madworld!

JPKellams

Thanks for all the kind words, and sorry to hijack the thread in the middle of Final Fantasy.

But it isn't just us on this one, SEGA came through like champs to make it all happen. I actually don't have any of the shirts in the office. They stepped up and are taking care of all the logistics of actually getting these things to you guys. (and girls?)

Azure J

Hey guys, not to steal the show from Platinum or Final Fantasy, but if Ani is still taking suggestions, then I'd like to put in a vote for the Jet Set Radio series or if we go old school again, StarTropics. :D

AniHawk

PlatinumGamesJP said:
Thanks for all the kind words, and sorry to hijack the thread in the middle of Final Fantasy.

But it isn't just us on this one, SEGA came through like champs to make it all happen. I actually don't have any of the shirts in the office. They stepped up and are taking care of all the logistics of actually getting these things to you guys. (and girls?)

Oh, don't worry about hijacking anything. This is really cool of you guys, unexpected, and much appreciated.

PlatinumGamesJP said:
Hello all.

Sorry it took so long to get into this thread - But first of all, thanks for all the awesome MADWORLD ads you guys made!

It took a little time to work out the logistics, but SEGA and PlatinumGames both wanted to do something special for guys, so here we go...

We had Shigenori Nishikawa, director of MADWORLD, pick 10 of his favorite ads, and the community team at SEGA America has gotten some of the MADWORLD Caution Sign shirts for the 10 people selected.

These shirts are different from the NYCC shirts as they do not have the ComicCon logo type on the back, and the Caution sign is larger... So you guys are getting something rather rare from a really limited run.

xintin
KevinCow
Android18a - 01
Orobi - 04
PBalfredo - 02
Galactic_Fork - a
Linkzg
robotnjik
Android18a - 02
Keyser_Soze

Since there are two Android18a ads there, I want to give the 10th shirt to Anihawk for starting an awesome thread.

If you could send me a PM with your name, mailing address, and size preference L or XL, SEGA America will mail out the shirts to you guys soon.

Once you get them, we love to see pictures of the shirts in action, so feel free to send them to us via PlatinumGames.com. You can hit us up by clicking the Contact button. I will be sure to share the pictures with the team, and with the guys at SEGA who made this happen.

Again, thanks so much. Enjoy the shirts... It is the least we can do.

-JP@PlatinumGames

My MadWorld one wasn't even an ad. Admit that it was just because of my awesome avatar :D

Man, PG is so awesome.

mik said:
Are Platinum Games the coolest devs on earth? Quite possibly. All I know is I'm going to be evangelizing their game like a motherlover when it comes out.

Thanks for taking notice and giving back to the fans. Supremely cool.

Seems like it

Orobi

PlatinumGamesJP said:
Hello all.

xintin
KevinCow
Android18a - 01
Orobi - 04
PBalfredo - 02
Galactic_Fork - a
Linkzg
robotnjik
Android18a - 02
Keyser_Soze

Many tnks! :)