• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I really doubt anybody will do x-2, so heres my take :p

ad_mockup_x2.jpg

AniHawk

Moving right along, the SNES Final Fantasies, FFIV-FFVI. This is probably the last time I'll use Amano's artwork.

2i8ersy.jpg

2pzdyx5.jpg

I was thinking FFVI could have had more of a full campaign, one ad for some of the bigger (or more marketable) characters. If I was more focused, I probably could've come up with a better way to make Kefka's different.

333vb5g.jpg

v80pb5.jpg

2mr8le9.jpg

(yes, I know Kefka's from Dissidia here)

vareon

First try. I'm never a graphic design person, I just want to contribute something to this already awesome thread :D

ff12ad.jpg

I wanted to do 6 next but I have no idea :(

PBalfredo

I originally had the heroes on the right hand side, like good old Final Fantasy tradition. But when I added the Dissidia logo, it felt weird having the heroes and villains not line up with Cosmos and Chaos. So I flipped it. It's all the logo artist's fault :p

AniHawk

Okay, FFVII. The game I don't like and I'm not using Amano's art for once. Trying to get across the OMG THE GRAFX type advertising the game originally had.

A one-pager:

66w6dh.jpg

And a two-page version:

33opb1u.jpg

8vof8z.jpg

TheGOHN

AniHawk said:
Okay, FFVII. The game I don't like and I'm not using Amano's art for once. Trying to get across the OMG THE GRAFX type advertising the game originally had.

A one-pager:

And a two-page version:

All I see are X's

Honestly I doubt anyone will be able to top the FFVI (FF3! FUCK THE REVISIONISTS) magazine campaign. It was a page of all the nasties in the game surrounding Mog and another page with their smoldering remains and him leaning on his sword. Showed off the art, served as a thesis of the series as a whole, and didn't rely on goddamn plot spoilers that this thread seems to love.

Edit: Fuck, the fact that I remember it over a decade later should point out how well done it was.

UraMallas

Son of Godzilla said:
Edit: Fuck, the fact that I remember it over a decade later should point out how well done it was.
The only game ads I remember from when I was a child were the Earthbound ones. Those were lauded but I loved them, so they did they're job on me.

There are some nice Final Fantasy ads in here, although it isn't my favorite game and it's a bit cliche, the Aeris FFVII one is quite neat. As is the FFIX one. FFIV is my favorite game in the series and the ad up above definitely gets a mention from me as well! Those are my favorites, I like to come in here and browse. Keep up the good work, dudes!

PBalfredo

Son of Godzilla said:
Honestly I doubt anyone will be able to top the FFVI (FF3! FUCK THE REVISIONISTS) magazine campaign. It was a page of all the nasties in the game surrounding Mog and another page with their smoldering remains and him leaning on his sword. Showed off the art, served as a thesis of the series as a whole, and didn't rely on goddamn plot spoilers that this thread seems to love.

You mean this one?
ad1go6.jpg

ad2nn0.jpg

vareon

Jugendstil said:
http://i41.tinypic.com/14ecrac.jpg[IMG]

Was sorely tempted to do a spoileriffic version of this, but I resisted.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me how much awesomer the game would be if Basch was the main character.

PBalfredo said:
You mean this one?

Dude, epic edit. Yes, that one. Completely sold me on the game, I had never even heard of it beforehand. Flipping through a GamePlayers one day, saw that, and had to have it. I didn't even notice it was a two page ad till one day out of the blue.

Seriously, this thread just gets better and better.

vareon said:
This reminds me how much awesomer the game would be if Basch was the main character.

I've only ever played like an hour or maybe two of FFXII. I literally said What The Fuck when they did that inane block of plot text and I got back control only to have control of some homeless transvestite instead of Mr. Badass.

Vaan sucked, but I liked the game in spite of its shortcomings, which is why I made an ad for it. FXIII seems to be firmly mired in the plucky, androgynous, transsexual teenagers-save-the-world aesthetic, so I'm not getting my hopes up over it.

Top Bottom