• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Choc

Banned
So can someone kinda explain why the fuck these advertisements in many cases are awesome and the shit we see in magazines are crap?

Some of the guys in this thread should be hired, even if only to come up with concepts

I'm sure there is some total marketing bullshit spin as to why but these ads are effective and would sell games in my opinion.

Defuser

Congrats guys,you deserve it for making awesome posters.
Choc said:
So can someone kinda explain why the fuck these advertisements in many cases are awesome and the shit we see in magazines are crap?
Those people making the ads aren't gamers/don't play alot of games therefore they won't know what to design? I'm assuming publishers hired outside design companies to do it.

Choc

Banned
Any love for GTA Chinatown being next?

DS's biggest release in 09 most likely (well 1st half 09) and with DSi coming..

AniHawk

Choc said:
DS's biggest release in 09 most likely (well 1st half 09) and with DSi coming..

I think DQIX is gonna be a bigger splash, personally.

GTA would be kinda neat. Beyond Good & Evil is one I want to squeeze in there too.

Tf53

AniHawk said:
I think DQIX is gonna be a bigger splash, personally.

GTA would be kinda neat. Beyond Good & Evil is one I want to squeeze in there too.
[OT]
In Japan, yeah, but outside of Japan, GTA is gonna be bigger.
[/OT]

I'd take a job along these visual-thingy lines in an instant, especially games related. Whether it be website stuff or whatever, I love it.

I guess its time for me to start thinking about my RES one...

Defuser

amxjs3.jpg

AniHawk

Defuser said:
Can we do Valkyia Chronicles? Please

Maybe. Thing is, we're just coming off of a week of JRPGs. I'd like to space out the types of things we do so people don't get bored because the topic keeps falling into a genre they don't like or something that's too similar to something they've just done.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Wow, PlatinumGames are awesome. Congratulations to all of you getting t-shirts. :D

I've been pretty busy lately so I haven't been able to do any ads, but I hope to be able to participate again soon. REZ sounds cool, but I somehow get the feeling it will be flooded with "it is a mind killer" adds. Looking forward to it though.

tim1138

Congrats to the MadWorld guys! Can someone link to first post of that series of ads? I've been following this fairly regularly but missed that run.

tim1138 said:
Congrats to the MadWorld guys! Can someone link to first post of that series of ads? I've been following this fairly regularly but missed that run.

All the ads are on the Opening Post :)

Nice FF ad, Tidwald. Clever use of the sprites :)

Another 2-pager.

I used the original Final Fantasy sprites because I hoped to communicate to an audience that hasn't heard of FFT that it is a Final Fantasy game at the same time as showing what makes it different from the rest.

AniHawk said:
I'm also open to suggestions after this. Just no JRPG stuff for a while since it apparently means it's suddenly joke thread time.

I'm not a participant, just an appreciator of the great work in the thread, but I'd like to see you guys occasionally do a "challenge" assignment, where you go for a game that many would consider unmarketable. Something like Katamari Damacy, Space Giraffe, or even Uplink.

I'd also like to see what you guys could do with something super casual, like Peggle or Bookworm Adventures.

Mainly, I just like to see what you guys can do, period, though, so you know, whatever.

Amir0x

Banned
Corran Horn said:
MadWorld purchase confirmed now. Platinum Games rock. Congrats to those who 'won' :D

I thought it would be the caution signs to the cranium (ultraviolence yaay!), super awesome style and stellar pedigree that would confirm the purchase, not the free t-shirts :lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Amir0x said:
I thought it would be the caution signs to the cranium (ultraviolence yaay!), super awesome style and stellar pedigree that would confirm the purchase, not the free t-shirts :lol
Well that added onto it. I'm usually kinda cautious on my Wii purchases :lol

Congrats to all the Mad World winners, and much respect for Platinum Games! You guys rock.

Can't wait to see the Rez ads; one of my favorite games. Keep up the amazing work, everyone! :D

AniHawk

Red Scarlet said:
Google seems to know what I'm talking about..that's all I know/have heard about that game.

Oh. Apparently it was called "Trance Vibrator"

You're supposed to hold it. Or put it in your pocket.

Do you have a 360? You can download the game. It's available on the PS2 too, but it's harder to find.

vareon

:lol @ FFXI. Nice idea there.

Also, congrats to MadWorld winners, you guys deserved it. And respect+infinity to Platinum Games.

Red Scarlet

AniHawk said:
Oh. Apparently it was called "Trance Vibrator"

You're supposed to hold it. Or put it in your pocket.

Do you have a 360? You can download the game. It's available on the PS2 too, but it's harder to find.

Nah only a PS2, which I don't trust working, and the game never really piqued my interest. But enough of my derailment.

PlatinumGamesJP said:
Hello all.

Sorry it took so long to get into this thread - But first of all, thanks for all the awesome MADWORLD ads you guys made!

It took a little time to work out the logistics, but SEGA and PlatinumGames both wanted to do something special for guys, so here we go...

We had Shigenori Nishikawa, director of MADWORLD, pick 10 of his favorite ads, and the community team at SEGA America has gotten some of the MADWORLD Caution Sign shirts for the 10 people selected.

These shirts are different from the NYCC shirts as they do not have the ComicCon logo type on the back, and the Caution sign is larger... So you guys are getting something rather rare from a really limited run.

So without further ado, here are Nishikawa's top 10 ads:

xintin
KevinCow
Android18a - 01
Orobi - 04
PBalfredo - 02
Galactic_Fork - a
Linkzg
robotnjik
Android18a - 02
Keyser_Soze

Since there are two Android18a ads there, I want to give the 10th shirt to Anihawk for starting an awesome thread.

If you could send me a PM with your name, mailing address, and size preference L or XL, SEGA America will mail out the shirts to you guys soon.

Once you get them, we love to see pictures of the shirts in action, so feel free to send them to us via PlatinumGames.com. You can hit us up by clicking the Contact button. I will be sure to share the pictures with the team, and with the guys at SEGA who made this happen.

Again, thanks so much. Enjoy the shirts... It is the least we can do.

-JP@PlatinumGames

I leave this thread for a few days, and come back to find that Platinum Games and Sega are more awesome than I thought :)

Hope I am not too late!

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
I did this "poster" years ago as part of my design course. Screen shots / logos aside I pretty much created everything in illustrator. Girl is my ex.

5pkf37.jpg

Bernbaum

MiniDitka said:
Posting this on behalf of MediaKerProductions.

[ig]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2930/rezad.jpg[/ig]

For some reason, I just love how the PS2, DS, and 360 logo's are all in the same colour/style. It really hits home how Rez transcends the console generations.

Well done.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
navii said:
I did this "poster" years ago as part of my design course. Screen shots / logos aside I pretty much created everything in illustrator. Girl is my ex.

Yooowch, thats awesome.

AniHawk

Art is from a t-shirt. So I'm kinda breaking my own rules on the "don't steal fanart" thing. Font came from the official website, at least.

e12mv5.jpg

2k0qia.jpg

Top Bottom