• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

UGH. Redone when it isn't 4AM.

2nq5vh5.jpg

Thanks guys! I was kinda inspired by Wolves Evolve's ad and his reference to Olly Moss's work, which is totally amazing but makes me feel super inadequate as a designer.

Here's a link to some of his work, since I think he disabled hotlinking:

Olly's game covers.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
If I had any 'Shop skills at all I'd make some. Damn ideas sans talent.

That said my idea for this involves a vibrator. I'll be said if nobody runs with that idea.

Azure J

AniHawk said:
This has produced some of the best work in the thread and only 9 people have submitted anything.

I agree, DrAndonuts and your two are my current favorites so far.

Can't wait to see some others though. :D

pakkit

Banned
Haha, well done. The general rule with this thread seems to be the more artistic the game (MadWorld, TF2, Rez), the better the overall results.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I love Rez and these ads are freaking awesome. Now if i can get the last achievement of clearing score attack 30 times.

By far my favorite in the thread.
fuqqt3.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I hate to be lame and just ask this, but does anyone have a link to the picture from the Madworld studio, with all the ads on the board? I can't find it and there isn't a "search in thread" feature as far as I know.

*edit*

Blargh, thanks. >_>

Borman

Blizzard said:
I hate to be lame and just ask this, but does anyone have a link to the picture from the Madworld studio, with all the ads on the board? I can't find it and there isn't a "search in thread" feature as far as I know.

First post ;)

pakkit

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
I'd love to, but I don't really have the patience for design like this. D:

EDIT: Nm, I'll give it a shot.
That's right, you just got Anihawk'd, motherfucker.

I'm pissed that my college is supposed to give us a free version of Photoshop, but has not done so.

pakkit said:
That's right, you just got Anihawk'd, motherfucker.

I'm pissed that my college is supposed to give us a free version of Photoshop, but has not done so.

*hit* I chose to do it on my own accord!

Hmm, I'm having a hard time though finding an ideal picture to make into an ad. How, exactly, do you make the "two page ad style"? If I can figure how to do that, I got an alright image.

Also, I don't really have any capable image editing programs, any [free] suggestions?

AniHawk

A Link to the Snitch said:
*hit* I chose to do it on my own accord!

Hmm, I'm having a hard time though finding an ideal picture to make into an ad. How, exactly, do you make the "two page ad style"? If I can figure how to do that, I got an alright image.

Also, I don't really have any capable image editing programs, any [free] suggestions?

To do a two page ad, start with a horizontal 17 by 11 inch spread.

As far as alternatives to Photoshop, I just found this on a very quick search: http://www.lifeclever.com/10-free-web-based-alternatives-to-photoshop/

I don't know if they're worth it or not though.

SappYoda

With noby noby boy craziness and its screenshot feature I think people would come up with great ads :)

How do you choose the next game?

Top Bottom