• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| One Locke, No Keyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone's going to hate me but...

Anyone else just interested in the multiplayer portion of Halo 5? I stopped playing Halo campaigns ages ago after 3.

H5's multiplayer is downright perfection however... i'm so excited!

sam777

How do boss kills on Warzone work? I believe I am killing them along with my team but I get no points or recognition for it.

Bsigg12

How do boss kills on Warzone work? I believe I am killing them along with my team but I get no points or recognition for it.

You get a smaller amount of points for grey enemies and 150 points for the yellow bosses. You'll have a medal pop when you do you get a biss kill and you'll see a +X next to your team's score.

Also, The Fall of Reach is up currently. I'm watching the first episode now.

Probably keep with tradition and do a Legendary solo run first.
Good call! The person I usually play through Halo campaigns with is really busy lately, so god knows when I'll actually get a chance to play the campaign myself. Unless I play through the campaign without them, for the first time I play it.

Banned
v1F3FCn.jpg

TRmKUpr.jpg

eCA5I3H.jpg

rNZVdc0.jpg

Anyone else just interested in the multiplayer portion of Halo 5? I stopped playing Halo campaigns ages ago after 3.

To me, I'll end up playing through the campaign once, maybe again later down the road. But I'll sink countless hours into the multiplayer. I do love Halo campaigns though. I think a game with a solid campaign, and interesting game world makes the entire game feel much more rich.

Why did you stop playing the Halo campaigns out of curiosity?

Ha, 4-6 hours in the OT. I'm at mission 12 now and I reckon it's taken me about 9 hours (guilty admittal - I'm playing normal for my first time through as well). I'm hunting out intel if I came across it with the aegis scan but not obsessively, so that's not padding my time too much. I reckon I'll be about 11-12 hours when I'm done.

To each their own brother. Both my favourite campaigns came after that haha, so imo what a bad point to stop playing em (ODST & Reach).

woodland

Yea man, think most Halo OT discussion is MP based, excluding MCC since SP was all that worked for a while.

I got through 3 and Reach, gave up on 4. Don't care about it really. Pumped as fuck to get some MP on tonight.

SilentRob

Ha, 4-6 hours in the OT. I'm at mission 12 now and I reckon it's taken me about 9 hours (guilty admittal - I'm playing normal for my first time through as well). I'm hunting out intel if I came across it with the aegis scan but not obsessively, so that's not padding my time too much. I reckon I'll be about 11-12 hours when I'm done.

Yeah, I don't know who said the campaign is 4-6 hours long, but that's just insane. Maybe you could get it down to something close to 6 hours on your first try when rushing and skipping through every single encounter., but it took me something between 9 and 11 hours on Heroic.

Magwik

Banned
I asked this before but who's picking up from Best Buy tonight and have they said what time they're opening tonight?
Best Buy opens at 12am EST for the midnight launch, and opens along with that time for other time zones. So 9pm PST, 11pm central, etc

I played a lot of Halo mp back in the day but never played through campaigbs. Replayed them all with mcc and think theyre pretty bad. Flood ruins the whole thing.

Ready for mp though!

Bronx-Man

Banned
Not IMO, no. However the two are very different products, different starting points and apparently different dev teams so I wouldn't let it disproportionately worry you - once people are saying "It works" you should feel happy and jump in.

It's a little odd to be weary of a game that isn't out yet, yeah.

Now, being wary, that I could understand. It all seems to be going well at this point, though, so no need to worry.
Good to hear. I'll give it a chance, but I wasn't too impressed with Halo 4 either.

Bsigg12

Watched the first episode of Fall of Reach and it won't let me load up the second episode yet.

Excited for The Sprint episodes and Hunt The Truth as well.

I'm sort of in that boat, yeah. I enjoy the campaigns, but I never expect to be blown away, frankly because I never am. Halo multiplayer always gets my blood pumping though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom