• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf Games Night Thread: We actually play games

2muiRQl.jpg

When we are playing:
t1407025800z4.png

Quote to see Server Password.

Count me in
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mollywhopping

Strider

Dat feel when you're in a 1v1 battle thinking you need to stop the other team from taking the hostage when you're supposed to be taking the hostage....

Uzzy

cluQylA.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1407110400z0.png

Information said:
What we are playing:
We will be playing All Pick in a private lobby.

How to join us:
Add me as a friend on steam and in the main menu of DOTA2 look under the Play tab->Find a Lobby->Friend Lobbies.

Players
  1. Uzzy
  2. Deitus
  3. gabbo
  4. Roy G. Biv
  5. Reckoner
  6. PhaZZe
  7. MMBosstones86
  8. doctorcdcs
  9. Zero-Crescent
  10. Bacardi151

Reserves/Casters/Coaches
  1. *
  2. *
  3. *
  4. *
  5. *

If anyone has the streaming capability who wants to cast that would be awesome. Come join us and have fun!

The CS:GO matches yesterday were pretty great, so I'm going to set up another event for later today, as some players couldn't make it yesterday. The event time will be up in a few minutes!

Uzzy

You will play in US servers?

Yeah, I'll put it in US West. Which should work for everyone, right? I'm in the UK myself. I don't know what effect it'll have if I set it up though. I think it doesn't matter, it just depends on what region I set the game up in.

I've added the others who mentioned they interested.

Yeah, I'll put it in US West. Which should work for everyone, right? I'm in the UK myself. I don't know what effect it'll have if I set it up though. I think it doesn't matter, it just depends on what region I set the game up in.

I've added the others who mentioned they interested.

Is this casual? I'm not very good at dota

is voice chat a requirement? my sound card is having issues and i'd rather not regale the people playing with the background noises my computer is producing at times lol

Shadownet

Banned
Is anyone else having a problem joining CSGO Game Night? I keep getting Bad Password Error even though I clearly got the right password

Is anyone else having a problem joining CSGO Game Night? I keep getting Bad Password Error even though I clearly got the right password

This generally happens when you try to connect via the Server Browser outside of the game. If you join a friend who's in the server it generally clears it right up.

Good times tonight guys. Hope no one streamed those, they were both pretty one-sided. I did soooo much better the second game versus the first. Guess I'm not good enough with Carry's yet.

I learned something today. I should not pick a random hero, because it does not work well for me.

true dat. I do random with the training stuff to learn there, too hard to learn that quick.

Deitus

Good times tonight guys. Hope no one streamed those, they were both pretty one-sided. I did soooo much better the second game versus the first. Guess I'm not good enough with Carry's yet.

I played decently the first game, but I was just not prepared to lane solo against two people, and I got so far behind in levels/money that I couldn't recover. Plus we were just outmatched.

That second game though. I just had no idea how I was supposed to be playing my guy, other than whatever I was doing was the wrong way.

I'm not sure if I should just focus on learning how to play one character for now, or if it's better to get practice with different heroes.

It was fun though, but I agree, I hope no one was streaming that.

Tapejara

Only ended up playing like half a game of GO tonight. My internet started acting weird and my ping started spiking. Hopefully I can get it sorted out by next time.

I'm not sure if I should just focus on learning how to play one character for now, or if it's better to get practice with different heroes.

Ah, the eternal question. Personally, I'm more partial to the latter, but mostly in a Single Draft or All-Random situation, since that levels things a bit. After all, one doesn't know which heroes/styles/roles they're best at until they've tried a bunch of different heroes. e.g. Playing as Viper last week gave me an idea of his strengths, limitations, and preferable match-ups (No Spiders). And IIRC, you pulled off plenty of nice moves as Abaddon last week.

As for me, my Sand-King in the first game wasn't one of my better performances. I usually try to get an earlier Blink than that, and I made some mis-clicks with the Burrow and Epi. Plus, I need to improve my support role skills. At least we pulled off some good team-fights, even late-game. As Razor, I didn't make as many mis-clicks (except for my top-lane push when Meeps got me), though I should work on my last hits and using SL more.

Top Bottom