• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Zwei

InsertNameHere said:
The mailwoman just came to the door with a package and I got excited.

Turns out my dad ordered something. Lame.

free-happy-smileys-839.gif

VillageBC

This game is brilliant so far. Fairly early, but I've been taking my time exploring and doing the fetch quests. I have a new born baby so my nights have been filled with playing this game while getting her to sleep. =)

Just started a new game, gonna make the most use of the affinity/heart-to-heart and trade stuff this time, i skipped through it all previously - was only about 8 hrs in so no big deal

BlazingDarkness said:
Just started a new game, gonna make the most use of the affinity/heart-to-heart and trade stuff this time, i skipped through it all previously - was only about 8 hrs in so no big deal
Will Shulk and Reyn end up in a sauna together? :CHUBBYSMILE:

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Chanser said:
It's great NOE is releasing this game, it's a shame about their Club Nintendo rewards. Vice-versa with NOA.
Really? cuz NoE offers that awesome SNES Classic Controller while we get Mario screensavers and shit.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Aeana said:
This thread is now about this.

What gives, Skits?
I didn't like Xenogears or Xenosaga (even though I know there's zero relation) and I didn't like Final Fantasy XII (yeaaah, now I know I'm digging my grave here), so that on top of importing and modding (yes, I know both are easy) I'm just waiting on it at the moment.

I will get to play it though, somebody I know is buying it. Although when I can actually see this person in a capacity that I would be able to sit down and give the game a spin is a very dark and cloudy question. By the end of September maybe?

I will be honest, I'm probably lurking in this thread simply because the exictement and impressions are getting infectuous and it may help me just take a blind leap of faith on it.

Aeana said:
Everyone! Let's Go!
Let me at 'em!
Yeah, I'm turnin' up the heat!
You're really getting into this, Reyn!
Powering up!
Now it's Reyn time!
It's over!
Man, what a buncha jokers!

There's no escaping it, the pre-, in- and post-battle jibber jabber is universal :D

Something else that I like that I forgot to mention - the fact that if you die during a boss battle, the game still just sends you back to the nearest marker so you don't have to watch or even skip the pre-battle cutscenes (unless it's part of a larger set piece).

Synless said:
365game still hasn't shipped my game and it still says refund pending. I am getting a little upset with them.
US orders will be shipped monday. they sent emails out saying EU version won't run on US wii. says if you want to cancel reply back. if not all orders will ship on monday.

Chanser

BocoDragon said:
Really? cuz NoE offers that awesome SNES Classic Controller while we get Mario screensavers and shit.

I really think NOE rewards is average compared to NOA, sure there is a few exceptions. NOA tries to reward you for being a gold or platinum member.

Aeana

Princess Skittles said:
I didn't like Xenogears or Xenosaga (even though I know there's zero relation) and I didn't like Final Fantasy XII (yeaaah, now I know I'm digging my grave here), so that on top of importing and modding (yes, I know both are easy) I'm just waiting on it at the moment.

I will get to play it though, somebody I know is buying it. Although when I can actually see this person in a capacity that I would be able to sit down and give the game a spin is a very dark and cloudy question. By the end of September maybe?

I will be honest, I'm probably lurking in this thread simply because the exictement and impressions are getting infectuous and it may help me just take a blind leap of faith on it.
Well, right, it's not related to the other Xeno games, or even remotely similar in terms of story, gameplay, or anything else.

As for FF12, what didn't you like about it? It may or may not actually apply to this game.

Synless

DMPrince said:
US orders will be shipped monday. they sent emails out saying EU version won't run on US wii. says if you want to cancel reply back. if not all orders will ship on monday.
They never emailed me :(

matmanx1

Shortages? Already? Glad I pre-ordered early and that I've already received shipment notification from Zavvi. Could be as early as next week for arrival although I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Antagon

Just picked up my copy. Guy that sold it told me that it was the third limited edition they sold today (out of 4 that they got), which was much better then expected.

RPGCrazied

Aeana said:
I hope RPGCrazied doesn't end up not liking the game.

Why would I not? I've loved all the screens and videos of it. What little I played of the Japanese import. Unless it gets brutally hard during the game, or story gets stupid, but I don't think this game has that.

Sure it might be hard at times, but this is no Demon Souls.

LiK said:
10 pages of complaints

Have I been complaining?

RPGCrazied said:
Why would I not? I've loved all the screens and videos of it. What little I played of the Japanese import. Unless it gets brutally hard during the game, or story gets stupid, but I don't think this game has that.

Have I been complaining?
think he means 10 pages of complaint incoming if you don't like it.

LiK

RPGCrazied said:

Have I been complaining?
No, I was predicting the future if you hated it.

wsippel said:
Loved this game when I didn't understand a thing. Love it even more now that I know what's going on. :)

I've had so many problems grasping the English tutorials, nevermind if they were in moonspeak.

:lol

RPGCrazied said:

You sound like you haven't heard about the
viciously challenging Tower of Trials toward the end of the game
?

Sadist

Damn those
Mine monsters are hard. I walked in casually and got killed by big ass Caterpile. lol

Also, hearing Those who bear their name in the game is so awesome.

Reknoc

LiK said:
No, I was predicting the future if you hated it.

Must have been seen with the Monado, thankfully the future can be changed.

Suddenly found myself 7 hours in, still in the first area. There are quite a few quests, which not entirely original, are a decent enough distraction. One thing I really like is the affinity chart thing, linking all the relationships between the npcs lucky enough to get a name. Got 3/5 stars so far on Colony 9's Affinity.

Oh those small ball guys are adorable.

flyover

Yuterald said:
Man, I want my package to arrive. I'm in the mood to get lost in a fresh, new RPG. I hope it arrives by the weekend as well.

Yeah. Don't know why I'm so excited for my copy to arrive, when I don't even have my Wii, yet. But I am.

Anyone in the USA that ordered from GAME, can you please tell us your experience when the game arrives? i.e. How fast was the shipping, any problems with customs or whatever, any issues with GAME processing your payment, damage in transport, etc.? I really, really want this game, but I'm nervous to import.

Reknoc said:
Must have been seen with the Monado, thankfully the future can be changed.

Suddenly found myself 7 hours in, still in the first area. There are quite a few quests, which not entirely original, are a decent enough distraction. One thing I really like is the affinity chart thing, linking all the relationships between the npcs lucky enough to get a name. Got 3/5 stars so far on Colony 9's Affinity.

Oh those small ball guys are adorable.
Can you link them all straight away or do you need to let the story progress for the affinity to go up?

ruxtpin

Banned
Arpeggio23 said:
Anyone in the USA that ordered from GAME, can you please tell us your experience when the game arrives? i.e. How fast was the shipping, any problems with customs or whatever, any issues with GAME processing your payment, damage in transport, etc.? I really, really want this game, but I'm nervous to import.

Will try and let ya know. On that note, is Gecko OS the preferred way to go to play this on my NTSC Wii? I just want the easiest route so it plays. I'm not concerned with having anything on a hard-drive at this point.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Aeana said:
As for FF12, what didn't you like about it? It may or may not actually apply to this game.
I would LOVE to answer that, but I'm drawing a blank on it right now, it was SO long ago and I don't think I played any more then five or so hours of it.. if that. I still have the demo that came with Dragon Quest VIII, so I could probably run through that to see if it sparks anything.

I'm guessing that the comparisons are solely aimed at the battle systems of the two games?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Princess Skittles said:
I would LOVE to answer that, but I'm drawing a blank on it right now, it was SO long ago and I don't think I played any more then five or so hours of it.. if that. I still have the demo that came with Dragon Quest VIII, so I could probably run through that to see if it sparks anything.

I'm guessing that the comparisons are solely aimed at the battle systems of the two games?
More like the open world-ness of both games. Although there are similarities in the battle systems in that they both happen in real time on the field.

I think it would be sad if someone was opposed of the idea of an open world in an RPG in general (it's the antithesis of everything XIII was criticized for), but there are different ways to lead the player into it than XII did, which may be more or less palatable to the individual gamer.

Top Bottom