• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
I wonder if Mel could have really prevented the Wildfire from burning Stannis' fleet like she said she could.

Would be interesting to have seen what would have happened if she was along for the ride.

what could she have done? Contain the fireball in a split second from a ship hundreds of meters away? She's just playing Stannis

not surprised about
Melisandre going to Riverland
, called it two episode ago

Madness

You know, I said it quite a bit about how the Lord of light stuff is a cult, but it seems they have the most power out of everyone.

Melisandre doesn't die from that poison, Thoros can revive people at will, and that Jaqen guy could shapeshift and kill people pretty easily.

What if the Lord of light really is the true god/deity of the world?

Amir0x

Banned
You know what I forgot about in this show?

Red_comet_by_dhadkan.jpg

Is this comet still up in the sky at this point? I don't remember seeing it this season but I've kind of only been half-paying attention 'cause I want to marathon run the season at the end.

Madness

pretty sure Jaqen is not worshiping the Lord of Light

Didn't he say he worships the red god? I. E. The Lord of light? Who else would it be? Melisandre is the red priestess etc.

Edit: so the red god isn't the Lord of light then? Damn. This makes the old gods, the drowned god, the new gods, the Lord of light and the red god as potential deities?

suzu

He said something about a Red God, but he never said he worshiped it.

Didn't he say he worships the red god? I. E. The Lord of light? Who else would it be? Melisandre is the red priestess etc.

Edit: so the red god isn't the Lord of light then? Damn. This makes the old gods, the drowned god, the new gods, the Lord of light and the red god as potential deities?

Sorry, I should've clarified a bit. The Red God = the Lord of Light. It doesn't meant that he worshiped him though.

Jaqen is a Faceless Man (which explains his abilities).

Amir0x

Banned

no they are one and the same. He is also known by a third name, but I am not sure they said it in the show yet (not that it's particularly important or anything)

So here's a question that's been bugging me for a while: why is Cersei called queen regent? Seems like Joffrey is doing all the ruling. Is it just a title only?

You know, I said it quite a bit about how the Lord of light stuff is a cult, but it seems they have the most power out of everyone.

Melisandre doesn't die from that poison, Thoros can revive people at will, and that Jaqen guy could shapeshift and kill people pretty easily.

What if the Lord of light really is the true god/deity of the world?

Pretty much.
Sure, it looks like there are some downsides to their "powers", we know for an example that resurrection is imperfect (but who cares, it's an extremely powerful ability) so that might be the case for the other boons from worshipping the lord of light.
There's clearly something there though granting them power, as the fat monk mentioned during his scene with Tyrion.

So here's a question that's been bugging me for a while: why is Cersei called queen regent? Seems like Joffrey is doing all the ruling. Is it just a title only?

Because she is the Queen and Protector of the realm, having inherited all of King Robert's powers upon his death, and rules until her son becomes of age. Joffery has already been crowned, but won't truly be the defacto power until he is married.

Margery has mentioned a couple times that when she's queen she'll be able to make various things happen for Sansa. She'll become the queen consort, which historically does not hold much of any real power, unlike Cersei as queen regent. Joffery will be King, Tywin will be Hand, and Margery won't have nearly as much power as Cersei has right now; but she likely will have her own personal army that does whatever she says, just as the Lannisters have the Red Cloaks (ie those guards that are always around Cersei).

Pretty much.
Sure, it looks like there are some downsides to their "powers", we know for an example that resurrection is imperfect (but who cares, it's an extremely powerful ability) so that might be the case for the other boons from worshipping the lord of light.
There's clearly something there though granting them power, as the fat monk mentioned during his scene with Tyrion.

Just to put it on perspective, Resurrection is a 7th level spell, which means Thoros is at the very least a level 13 Cleric.

Overpowered as fuck.

Because she is the Queen and Protector of the realm, having inherited all of King Robert's powers upon his death, and rules until her son becomes of age. Joffery has already been crowned, but won't truly be the defacto power until he is married.

Margery has mentioned a couple times that when she's queen she'll be able to make various things happen for Sansa. She'll become the queen consort, which historically does not hold much of any real power, unlike Cersei as queen regent. Joffery will be King, Tywin will be Hand, and Margery won't have nearly as much power as Cersei has right now; but she likely will have her own personal army that does whatever she says, just as the Lannisters have the Red Cloaks (ie those guards that are always around Cersei).

Cheers. Maybe it's just me, but sometimes it seems difficult to follow who is actually ruling the kingdom (or supposed to be ruling it). Joffrey obviously gets what Joffrey wants, but if he isn't of age yet I'm surprised so many people let him get away with it (especially Tywin). I know he's supposed to be taking control but we haven't seen much of it yet.

Madness

Holy shit, I can't believe she said that to Tywin, but finally, someone who put Lady Olenna in her place, as well. I seriously hope he does the same to Joffrey. Tywin is a boss.

Man there are some really solid character scenes in this episode. Loved the interaction with Cersei and Tyrion; It almost made me forget that Cersei is the C word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom