• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO Announces House of the Dragon, a Game of Thrones Prequel

I don't think is more interesting per se, just that in the TV series they absolutely destroyed all the good things about the CotF and the WW with the last seasons. But in the books, the CotF and the WW are still super cool and intriguing as fuck.

I'm happy they cancelled the Bloodmoon prequel, it had too many red flags.
As cool as the Night King and White Walkers were, they were basic one-dimensional villains who were just evil for the sake of being evil. Even in the main show/books, I always found the Lannisters and Daenerys' lust for power to be the more intriguing issue that had to be dealt with. Their motives were (somewhat) understandable.

highrider

Banned
I’m on board of course. There were some pretty major letdowns in GOT in terms of exposition and storylines, but there was also so much I thought was entertaining and even great. I do think casting is critical in this type of show and they nailed GOT for the most part.

Jon Neu

Banned
As cool as the Night King and White Walkers were, they were basic one-dimensional villains who were just evil for the sake of being evil. Even in the main show/books, I always found the Lannisters and Daenerys' lust for power to be the more intriguing issue that had to be dealt with. Their motives were (somewhat) understandable.

I don't think the WW in the books are going to be just one dimensional evil zombies, There's clearly more to them than just that; first, their name is much more descriptive of the trope of The Others, which is a group of people otherized by the narration and the point of view of another people. Something typical in the wars that GRRM hates so much.

Lost did the same with their Others, presenting a group of people who were already in the Island as some group of evil villains, but that as the story progressed, they actually had more of a grey moral and justifications for their actions. They were good people in the beginning that just become corrupted for a series of events that happened to them.

It's literally the same as the wildlings and how one group hates each other and sees the other side as evil just by their positions at one side or the other of the Wall.

I don't think the Others are going to be more evil than Tywin.

Top Bottom