• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Event Monster Hunter May 31st

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This will probably be Frontier 2 or something as disappointing.

Frontier 2 could be good, badmouthing a title before its even announced is nuts :eek:

Looking forward to the announcements, but for now im good with MH4 and wont need another MH anytime soon considering how content packed it is. Though MH4 HD on consoles and Steam for people who dont own a 3DS would be cool as well.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Wasnt theqe a mh festa in mid april? Wehrd to have another event within one month.
Sony installment is a given, but could be the rumored mmo with pc, looking at recent capcom ps4 approaches

Haunted

It's happening.

Monster Hunter 4 (WiiU, late 2015) Western announcement

Monster Hunter Online (PC, early 2016) Western announcement

Monster Hunter Frontier 2 (PC, PS4, 2016) Western announcement

DON'T FUCK IT UP CAPCOM

Coxswain

Too soon?

Not really; MH4U is a new game over here, but it's been like six months since it was released in Japan, and it's just an expansion of a game that they got back in 2013.

Plus there's been a release of either a mainline Monster Hunter or a significant expansion to a mainline Monster Hunter every year except for 2012, going all the way back to 2005 (ie: before it was actually a big franchise).

I mean it could be something else entirely, but it would be weirder if there wasn't a Monster Hunter 5 this year than it would be if there was.

It's happening.

Monster Hunter 4 (WiiU) Western announcement

Monster Hunter Online (PC) Western announcement

Monster Hunter Frontier 2 (PC, PS4) Western announcement

you're not going to get both. MHO is probably going to stay in China since its with Tencent iirc for that market.

NewGame

Banned
Everyone in this thread is dumb.

This is about the microtransactions that will be released for MH4U.

Buy a plate
Buy a gem
Buy a +6 handicraft talisman

Rich!

I mean if it lands on the Sony console , not the brand back to Sony , you are very likely , be assured

However, to avoid discussions edited the post

I do not understand a word of that.

And you edited your post to "MH lands on PS4?" Which is just as bad as before.

I mean if it lands on the Sony console , not the brand back to Sony , you are very likely , be assured

However, to avoid discussions edited the post

PS4 is now taking off in Japan
I could see this working well for them
would still like it to be just MH4U in HD on any console and I am happy

cw_sasuke

And then you look at frontier and see why this is not even in the slightest nuts.

Yeah i looked at it - the game is based on a very old MH version but still has it fan. MH Frontier 2 will be handled by a different developer if the rumors are true and build ground up for current gen systems (PC/PS4) - so yeah maybe just wait a bit until we see the game.

Qurupeke

Α PS4/Vita game is more probable than a MH4U port. But neither is happening anyway. I doubt we're be getting MH5 either. More likely a MH4.5, whatever this could mean. Also, I'm not sure about the platform. I'd expect 3DS exclusive but maybe a Vita/PS4+3DS release wouldn't be impossible.

Dr. Buni

Not really; MH4U is a new game over here, but it's been like six months since it was released in Japan, and it's just an expansion of a game that they got back in 2013.

Plus there's been a release of either a mainline Monster Hunter or a significant expansion to a mainline Monster Hunter every year except for 2012, going all the way back to 2005 (ie: before it was actually a big franchise).

I mean it could be something else entirely, but it would be weirder if there wasn't a Monster Hunter 5 this year than it would be if there was.
Ah, I see, thanks for explaining. Then it could be the Monster Hunter 5 announcement. I still haven't bought Monster Hunter 4, so I am not looking forward for 5 yet.
MH5 for New 3DS
No, thanks.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I do not understand a word of that.

And you edited your post to "MH lands on PS4?" Which is just as bad as before.

It's redblack, don't worry. If he could tatoo "Sony I love you" on his heart, he would do it immediatly. XD

Also, his English skills aren't that good, so don't be too harsh with him on that front. "Console war is end" will always be remembered.

It's redblack, don't worry. If he could tatoo "Sony I love you" on his heart, he would do it immediatly. XD

Also, his English skills aren't that good, so don't be too harsh with him on that front. "Console war is end" will always be remembered.

thanks for the help eh

cw_sasuke

Α PS4/Vita game is more probable than a MH4U port. But neither is happening anyway. I doubt we're be getting MH5 either. More likely a MH4.5, whatever this could mean. Also, I'm not sure about the platform. I'd expect 3DS exclusive but maybe a Vita/PS4+3DS release wouldn't be impossible.

Vita wont get a real MH title - just let it go.

Producer

I dont think he has an issue with the grammar.

Takao

Banned

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is basically MH4.5.

The past three Monster Hunter games on handhelds have ended up getting ported to a home console. Wii U isn't exactly a great place to be, so I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom bounces to a PlayStation family release.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is basically MH4.5.

The past three Monster Hunter games on handhelds have ended up getting ported to a home console. Wii U isn't exactly a great place to be, so I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom bounces to a PlayStation family release.

Nintendo has been the only one to foster a MH fanbase in the west. MH3HD sold well on the Wii U and I don't see MH4HD selling any less if it is released on the Wii U. Plus Capcom has the added bonus of having Nintendo market the game, which I do not see Sony doing.

Why do some people always feel the urge to beg MH on a Sony platform?

With the exception of the 2011 Nintendo press conference, big Monster Hunter games typically get their own press events.

MH3 was also officially announced for Wii during a Nintendo conference.

Top Bottom