• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X PC Performance Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Menus:

kfaGFpb.jpg

System Requirements:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 | AMD Radeon HD 5850
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 36 GB available space

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon HD 7950
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 40 GB available space

The download packs are now all available via Steam, I'm about half way done so I will post overall performance impressions a little later when it has finished, it shouldn't take more than 30 - 60 minutes at my current speed.

Update 1: X-rays, Fatalities, Cut-scenes, the menu, character select and The Krypt are all hard locked at 30fps.

Update 2: Ed Boon is aware of PC issues: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/588047832801742848

Update 3: The game is now working fully, all modes and characters are unlocked, including Gorro if you pre-ordered.

Have 11 of 29 packs downloaded, but can't actually play because none of those include.....stages. It's a neat idea but I don't understand why stages wouldn't be in one of the first packs so you could actually play a 1v1

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So can you start the game up then close it and it'll continue downloading or does it only download in the BG?

I'm downloading all the packs with the game closed.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have 1 - 29 listed but packs 5 and 9 are missing. Anyone else? I'm currently on pack 15 so soonTM.

Processor: Intel Core i5-4670, 3.2 GH\
Memory: 8 GB DDR3 RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560TI
SSD: Corsair MX100

Performance is... not great. 60+ FPS at 720p but it struggles to maintain 30 at 1080p.

The only AA option is FXAA.

Xrays force the framerate to 30 no matter how good your hardware is. Durante pls.

Processor: Intel Core i5-4670, 3.2 GH\
Memory: 8 GB DDR3 RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560TI
SSD: Corsair MX100

Performance is... not great. 60+ FPS at 720p but it struggles to maintain 30 at 1080p.

The only AA option is FXAA.

Xrays force the framerate to 30 no matter how good your hardware is. Durante pls.

You should upgrade your graphics card. The 560Ti is really old. You should at least upgrade to a GTX 970.

You should upgrade your graphics card. The 560Ti is really old. You should at least upgrade to a GTX 970.

True, but I'm a console fighting gamer rather than a PC one. It can run at 60 at 720p, that'll do me fine.

MKX is the first game in a long time to push the boat graphically on PC, so I guess a lot of fighting gamers are gonna be popping to the shops for new cards. :p

EDIT: Also a GTX 970 is the same price as an XB1.

I'm not getting a constant 60fps in 1080p on my stuff either. I know for a fact that my pc is above the recommended specs. So hopefully its more because of the game not being fully downloaded.

MY specs:
Intel i7 4790k 4.0 ghz
16 gb ram
Amd Radeon r9 290x 4.0 gb

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just FYI the final pack (29) is 10GB.

my mains are all in packs 5 and 9 fml. How is sub zero and scorpion not unlocked from the beginning hopefully when the game is actually released all the problems we have now is gone.

Xeroblade

I'm not getting a constant 60fps in 1080p on my stuff either. I know for a fact that my pc is above the recommended specs. So hopefully its more because of the game not being fully downloaded.

MY specs:
Intel i7 4790k 4.0 ghz
16 gb ram
Amd Radeon r9 290x 4.0 gb

Damn, I wanted to jump in on the pc version so I could use my 360 fightsticks, I have the same setup as you except for a gtx 670. I guess its time to upgrade or go with the ps4 copy.

jett

D-Member
Fucking shit x-rays are locked to 30fps on PC? I assume it's the same for fight intros and real-time cut-scenes. And it stutters with a 290X? I've had enough of HVS, garbage company.

I'm going to wait until this evening before even attempting to download the game. Far too many people are having issues with the play while streaming option. I'm also hoping that there will be a SweetFX/Reshade profile created by that time as well so I can modify the look of the game. GTA 5 will hold me over for a long while anyway.

Damn, I wanted to jump in on the pc version so I could use my 360 fightsticks, I have the same setup as you except for a gtx 670. I guess its time to upgrade or go with the ps4 copy.

I think it may be more due to it not being fully completed tho. So I say wait a day or two and then see what the performance is like then. My 290x should be able to max this game 1080p no problem.

KainXVIII

If anything that kinda makes sense. Because MSAA is a completed outdated method that doesn't work well with most modern day engines.

But if you're referring to SMAA, then I agree with you

SSAA, TXAA, SMAA 2Tx and even MSAA will do (because game uses outdated UE3 engine). Will try downscaling with DSR when i lay hands on this game.

Performance is identical after being fully downloaded.

Anyone able to get the game to run at actually full screen when it's not at the native resolution?

EDIT:

Oh dear.

How to make the game run at 720p full screen on a 1080p monitor:

1. Change your monitor's resolution to 720p.
2. Open the MKX configuration loader and launch the game from in there.

If you set the game's resolution to 720p it'll actually render 1080p and stick your game window in a tiny 720p box in the centre of the screen.

Was this game ported by aliens?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Tried the tutorial, x-rays are locked at 30fps. Going from 60fps during combat to 30fps is really jarring and kills the experience.

Saiyan-Rox

Just boot mine up and couldn't do anything :S the whole screen was zoomed in to hell and I couldn't see any options :S

trying to open the "configure" also does nothing.

On my laptop:
I7-4710HQ(2.5 ghz, turbo boosts to 3.5 GHZ)
GTX 870M 3 GB (about a 760/770 desktop card)
16 GB RAM

Game's very inconsistent. On stages like The Kove its a locked 60. On other's like Sky Temple the framerate tanks hard (30-45 fps, regardless of texture and shadow settings). Seems disappointing performance wise.

Mohasus

Performance is identical after being fully downloaded.

Anyone able to get the game to run at actually full screen when it's not at the native resolution?

EDIT:

Oh dear.

How to make the game run at 720p full screen on a 1080p monitor:

1. Change your monitor's resolution to 720p.
2. Open the MKX configuration loader and launch the game from in there.

If you set the game's resolution to 720p it'll actually render 1080p and stick your game window in a tiny 720p box in the centre of the screen.

Was this game ported by aliens?
pkT568S.jpg

Try this if you have an nvidia gpu (I can't test it because I don't have the game).

ItIsOkBro

On my laptop:
I7-4710HQ(2.5 ghz, turbo boosts to 3.5 GHZ)
GTX 870M 3 GB (about a 760/770 desktop card)
16 GB RAM

Game's very inconsistent. On stages like The Kove its a locked 60. On other's like Sky Temple the framerate tanks hard (30-45 fps, regardless of texture and shadow settings). Seems disappointing performance wise.

That's just unacceptable, I'm not even sure how a fighting game works if frames drop.

I was afraid of this.

so, I was playing the tutorial and minutes into the tutorial I would experience a few moments of slow down and then everything was back to normal. it happened to me twice during the tutorial to which I quit after the second slow down.

anyway to fix this?

edit: I tried disabling the steam overlay but that didn't help

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have all 29 parts but the game keeps crashing, and I have characters locked and I can't play online, story and and a bunch of other stuff as well. 25fps on the character select screen as well, it feels like it's running in slow motion.

Trying sky temple on lowest settings (Shadows: Very Low, textures low, filtering off, bloom off, AO off, particle density 0) and it still can't keep a locked 60 at 1080p. Some of these stages are really off performance wise. Very disappointing.
Please tell me the net code doesn't suck and there are a lot of people playing online, PLEASE!!!
Don't worry, the netcode is so good we can't even test it because online isn't enabled.

780Ti, i53570K
60 FPS at sky temple at 1440P outside of X-Rays/post game elements which lock to 30.
Framerate does drop a bit in character selection when characters are loading in but the actual fighting is smooth.

Syntsui

Trying sky temple on lowest settings (Shadows: Very Low, textures low, filtering off, bloom off, AO off, particle density 0) and it still can't keep a locked 60 at 1080p. Some of these stages are really off performance wise. Very disappointing.

Don't worry, the netcode is so good we can't even test it because online isn't enabled.

Amazing, will buy today!!!
WHAT THE FUCK, FUCK YOU NRS FUCK YOU

Amazing, will buy today!!!
WHAT THE FUCK, FUCK YOU NRS FUCK YOU

NRS weren't responsible for this port. High Voltage were. The online is some type of issue with their steam pre-load system not unlocking everything because obviously just using the already existing steam system would make sense or something.

Top Bottom