• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X PC Performance Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
No idea why but I haven't crashed in an hour, I actually managed to test all characters and stages.

I'm getting 60fps rock solid 99.9% of the time, apart from xrays/fatalities which are hard locked to 30fps. I'm playing with everything on max at 1080p.

i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, GTX 970 @ +140/+500, 850 Pro SSD, latest Nvidia drivers

Oh and the game during combat is STUNNING, absolutely gorgeous, but is it just me or do the xrays/fatalities look worse?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
all maxed, 1080p (cant downsample at least not with nvidia's thingie) rock solid 60fps except xrays / fats as we already know

oh and broken ass install of course :p

edit: SLI aint working for me btw, so thats with just 1 card

Is there any hope for them to patch fatalities and X-Rays to 60fps?

I highly doubt it

KePoW

Banned
i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, GTX 970 @ +140/+500, 850 Pro SSD, latest Nvidia drivers

side question steve-O

can u do that 4.5 on air cooling without changing voltage?? I've never really overclock before so want to try something conservative

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
side question steve-O

can u do that 4.5 on air cooling without changing voltage?? I've never really overclock before so want to try something conservative

4.5GHz is not conservative for a 3570k. You need a bump in vcore for that, and I use a closed loop water cooler. I'd aim for 4.2 - 4.3 with stock voltage.

And I jinxed it, just crashed. It looks like a driver crash without the message.

I'm getting a solid 60fps maxed out at 1080p on an i-7 860 3.8Ghz, GTX 770 and 12Gb of ram during fights but I only have single fight and training unlocked despite all 29 packs saying they are installed on Steam.

Very annoying and I hope no one ever uses this install method again!

kodecraft

I think the PC issue is just that it uses this stream download method not a HVS made another bad port issue that some posters are crying about.

Yeah I think it's Steam at fault for my install problems and I'm pretty pissed it made me break my tradition of starting every MK since 1 with a Scorpion quick match.

At least Johnny Cage can bring the ass whupping in this version from what I've seen so far.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else having my crashing issue? The game will be running perfectly then it'll freeze and crash.

Zero2kz

Worried about getting this with a 3570 and a GTX680.

Although I am probably building a new computer in a few weeks. So might as well. I might wait a few days since there seems to be some issues. I am mostly interested in seeing PC netcode once more people are actually able to play online.

So Sub-Zero and Scorpion are in the game files and work in-game
But only for the tutorial
So basically everything is on our computers but we can't play story/online/anything but normal fights yet.

Lord Phol

i5 3570 @ 3.4GHz
2GB 680 GTX
16GB RAM

Everything maxed out except shadows (haven't tried it yet).
Games runs a smooth 60fps (from what I can tell). The X-ray, fatalities and intros being 30fps are a bit jarring though.

Edit: Also for those that missed it, it seems NR themselves are looking into the content problems: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/588049592467361792
Edit 2: According to a new twitter from Ed Boon all updates will be provided here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/307780/announcements

Zero2kz

i5 3570 @ 3.4GHz
2GB 680 GTX
16GB RAM

Everything maxed out except shadows (haven't tried it yet).
Games runs a smooth 60fps (from what I can tell). The X-ray, fatalities and intros being 30fps are a bit jarring though.

Edit: Also for those that missed it, it seems NR themselves are looking into the content problems: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/588049592467361792
Edit 2: According to a new twitter from Ed Boon all updates will be provided here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/307780/announcements

Same specs as me, that's convenient. Thanks!

Not worried about performance now. Still waiting to see how the netcode is before purchasing.

UberLevi

Radeon HD 7750

Getting like 25fps with everything set to Off or Low.

Looks like I'll need an upgrade before I can play this.

RM8

I was going to download it on my toaster just for the lulz (I get my new PC likely next week), but I'll just wait now. I hope it's playable by then :/

VariantX

I love TB, he tells it how it is and doesn't compromise. He's so right about the 30fps xrays/fatalities, the way it jolts down from 60 to 30 is very jarring and off-putting.

It really is. MK9 for the PC feels good to play because the x-rays run at 60 like everything else, but the player pool is non existent for it for the west and most of the players seem to be in Russia/Eastern Europe. I have no means of determining whether netplay is actually good or not compared to console because no one is playing on my side of the planet unfortunately.

Thank God I got a PS4 copy and received the PC copy for free (gifted to me, I'm legit :p)

The game doesn't even run for me, instant crash on boot up even with all packs installed.

High Voltage is such trash, they should never have been contracted to do the port.

Nzyme32

My download is hilarious - everything seems fine and some characters are there but no maps - so you try to load the game, and it crashes to the desktop haha

I just started to download. I downloaded the first 3GB chunk and selected the Configure option when pressing play. It seems to be downloading all of the separate chunks now automatically. I checked to make sure that all of the DLC was selected. It should be done within the hour.

Lord Phol

Same specs as me, that's convenient. Thanks!

Not worried about performance now. Still waiting to see how the netcode is before purchasing.

Okey so I played some more with fraps and everything was going great, then I tried the temple map where it's raining and it dropped to about 48 frames.

Edit: Turned off FXAA and gained about 8-10 more fps, with some more tweaking I could probably get 60.

Serianox

Okey so I played some more with fraps and everything was going great, then I tried the temple map where it's raining and it dropped to about 48 frames.

Edit: Turned off FXAA and gained about 8-10 more fps, with some more tweaking I could probably get 60.

Framerate seems to be all over the place depending on the stage im playing. The worse seems to be the jungle stage.

robotrock

Banned
Game runs well for me. Locked 60fps (other than X-rays/fatalities), max everything at 1080p, GPU usage never goes above 40%. On a GTX 970 and an i5-4690k.

Now I shall pray that they PATCH THE STORY MODE IN.

Damn, how ridiculous does that sound?

Zero2kz

Thanks. I'm ok with having to lower some settings to get consistent 60 on all stages. Just needs to get me by for a few weeks before I build a new PC.

Momentary

Banned
I came on here to gripe about the 30 fps fycking making my eyes bleed. Who the fuck thought that this would be a good idea. It really takes me out of the match.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
People talked shit about DOA but this launch has been ten thousand times worse. Also the performance is weird. (Not talking about the X-Rays and Fatalities BTW)

Missing:
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Goro
Story Mode
Tower Mode
Online Mode
Test Your Luck

All I have is Single Match, Training and Krypt.

Masaki_

i5-2500k, GTX 660, 4GB RAM, 1680x1050 res

Can't get 60 FPS in Sky Temple and Refugee Kamp. Especially bad in Sky Tempe, where it stays at around 40. Setting everything to low doesn't seem to help. Sure hope they don't pick those stages online.

People talked shit about DOA but this launch has been ten thousand times worse. Also the performance is weird. (Not talking about the X-Rays and Fatalities BTW)

Missing:
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Goro
Story Mode
Tower Mode
Online Mode
Test Your Luck

I'm actually able to use Goro now. I can only use Scorpion during the tutorial. I'm glad I went through the tutorial. I have to get used to the timing. I'm also glad I switched from using Xbox 360 controller to Xbox One. The d-pad is horrible on X360.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are fatalities, intros, and X-rays prerendered, or just capped?

I honestly cant tell. I think its capped, and then sometimes it looks pre-rendered. the screen doesnt blackout or anything, you can still see the stages so unless they pre-rendered every possible combination of stages, characters and fatalities, I say its just capped.

console versions are also 30 for xrays / fats btw

Blackage

One of the few times I've been so irritated by a game's launch that I've wanted a refund on principle, but it's steam so yeah.

RM8

Missing:
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Goro
Story Mode
Tower Mode
Online Mode
Test Your Luck

Lol, true, and it's not even close. The DOA port actually turned out great except for some issues with controller mapping (and that's with my 360 Hori controller, my PS3 Hori controller works perfectly). We'll have to wait for online play, but it plays flawlessly since day one. Far from being anything like this train-wreck of a release.

robotrock

Banned
I honestly cant tell. I think its capped, and then sometimes it looks pre-rendered. the screen doesnt blackout or anything, you can still see the stages so unless they pre-rendered every possible combination of stages, characters and fatalities, I say its just capped.

console versions are also 30 for xrays / fats btw

It can't be prerendered, can it? I would imagine that would be a difficult thing to pull off with all of the costume stuff.

Popsickles

I believe the problem with fatalities and xrays will never get fixed because I think they are just fmvs. I say this because the quality is shocking due to compression, have seen this since announced. One reason I will never buy it along with the microtransactions there is no need on PC to have badly coded fmvs.

grendelrt

Any advice what to do to get my fight stick to work (SFIV TE)? It is recognized in windows, but wont change inputs in the config. If not whats the easiest way to use a DS4 or something.

edit: x360ce didnt work

Finally got home. Game plays perfect. 60 fps maxed at 1080p. It does crash on controller settings and the install issues are still there. What I can play is awesome tho.

I have crashed a few times, I presume (and hope) it's to do with downloading as you play more than the game being a broken mess. I crashed when in the options menu, and the game has frozen not long after selecting characters (reptile and kitana) to fight in the single fight screen.

It also crashes on its own sometimes. I just left it in windowed mode in the hope of being able to do other things like post on here while waiting for more of it to download as the game is running........ and it crashed.

Top Bottom