• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X PC Performance Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date
Game doesn't seem to pull in any resolutions above your native so I can't downsample. Suppose I could change the desktop resolution.

But yeah, performance is very smooth for me during fights. Just want to make that clear given the mostly negative impressions.

kris.

Banned
Man, I really hope this all gets sorted by the time I get home. Reading that there's still no story mode or online play?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So any fix for 50% of the content being unavailable?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, who made the decision to have High Voltage do the port? Was it WB's? Did NRS not want to do the port? At this point, I'm more than happy to lay the blame for this decision at both NRS and WB's feet.

Syntsui

NRS weren't responsible for this port. High Voltage were. The online is some type of issue with their steam pre-load system not unlocking everything because obviously just using the already existing steam system would make sense or something.

Oh shit, this will definetly not contribute to the PC community this game could have... Fuck.

I was afraid of this.

so, I was playing the tutorial and minutes into the tutorial I would experience a few moments of slow down and then everything was back to normal. it happened to me twice during the tutorial to which I quit after the second slow down.

anyway to fix this?

edit: I tried disabling the steam overlay but that didn't help

a follow up, I set everything low or off in the advance setting except for particle density and it still suffers from random slow downs even in the pause menu. fuck.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Nearly every time I do an xray move the game crashes.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Loading now

Is anyone actually playing online PC now?

I load it up, play for a few minutes and crash, if that counts as playing. When I am in-game though I'm getting 60fps locked with everything on max, and it looks incredible. Hopefully they fix the issues soon.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Fuck. Why did I fall for the hype. I downloaded the 3gb install thing this morning. I guess no way to get a refund.

Is anyone having issues on Nvidia cards? I've tried every stage in 1vs1 mode(because lol, no story mode) and I have no performance issues what so ever outside of the slightly jarring X-Ray/Fatality 30 FPS caps.

ISn't the game supposed to be out later? I would wait until it's "officially" launched.

The unlock time changed to 9 PM PST last night. It said "Mortal Kombat X Now Available!" on the steam front page since like 11 or 12 PST last night. It's been "officially" launched.

So, who made the decision to have High Voltage do the port? Was it WB's? Did NRS not want to do the port? At this point, I'm more than happy to lay the blame for this decision at both NRS and WB's feet.

High Voltage ported MK9 and Injustice. So they are probably going back to that well because of that. As I stated in other threads though, both MK9 and Injustice are bad ports, so they should've either handled the port in house or find another studio to do it.

sleepykyo

I'm not getting a constant 60fps in 1080p on my stuff either. I know for a fact that my pc is above the recommended specs. So hopefully its more because of the game not being fully downloaded.

MY specs:
Intel i7 4790k 4.0 ghz
16 gb ram
Amd Radeon r9 290x 4.0 gb

Ouch. I only have a 4690k and a 970 both of which are running at stock numbers. Guess I'm stuck running it at 720p when I eventually get it.

K.Sabot

I can get 60fps but when I do a fatality that shit falls to 15 fps.

Also some stages have horrible optimization.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Think I'll wait for the complete edition to come out, hopefully they'll have it patched by then.

Algebrah

What a fucking disaster. Nothing from Steam, High Voltage, NeatherRealm is just right crazy. It's really hard to be understanding in this situation.

Korezo

4k downsampled to 1080p I get between 60-52 fps, fps drops every time a grap is done, and the game becomes a stuttering mess when ever stuff happens in the stage background like 22fps. Playing with sli disabled 970 i72600k and 16gb ram.

Just tried again on 1080p, fight stayed constant 60fps. The 970 is just ass.

Trojan X

Banned
I'm not getting a constant 60fps in 1080p on my stuff either. I know for a fact that my pc is above the recommended specs. So hopefully its more because of the game not being fully downloaded.

MY specs:
Intel i7 4790k 4.0 ghz
16 gb ram
Amd Radeon r9 290x 4.0 gb

Don't tell me that this game is a programming mess like Crysis??!

I am running on a 6970HD, 4790k and I was getting 30-40 fps. Everything on lowest settings, no particle effects, no AF, no aliasing.
Every time I try to configure my controls it closes out.

robotrock

Banned
4k downsampled to 1080p I get between 60-52 fps, fps drops every time a grap is done, and the game becomes a stuttering mess when ever stuff happens in the stage background like 22fps. Playing with sli disabled 970 i72600k and 16gb ram.

Just tried again on 1080p, fight stayed constant 60fps. The 970 is just ass.
You're getting a constant 60fps with a single 970 at 1080p? That gives me hope.

The game still isn't fully downloaded yet so I think a lot of the optimization problems come from that. Scorpion, sub zero, shinook and goro are still not unlocked even tho I have all the parts completed including 5 and 9 which were missing previously. On top of that online and story mode are still locked as well. The game has been performing better tho after 5 and 9. I get quite a bit of slowdown during fatalities but during matches its pretty smooth for the most parts. Hopefully if there are any other parts left they release those soon.

Havent been able to play but I am remote logged into my PC with teamviewer and my FPS counter is showing 60 solid during the demo fights. Can't do much from here will need to get home first.

Edit: Specs

Core i5 4670K
16Gb Memory
GTX 970 with latest drivers. Used DDU to remove all Nivida software and installed fresh drivers from yesterday's GTA Game Ready drivers.
Installed to Crucial MX100 512GB SSD
No Overclocks
Resolution: 1080p

Havent seen any Xrays etc during demo mode but menus are def 30 fps. Game looks great even over teamviewer.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Can't access any modes but training and 1v1 against CPU. WTF is going on with this shit? Steam says its updated as well.

I don't understand who thought it was a good idea to launch a high profile game with an experimental "play while streaming" feature. Obviously, it doesn't seem like anybody really tested it.

Top Bottom