• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legacy Collection announced (MM1-6, PS4/XB1/PC/3DS, Digital Eclipse)

Lunaniem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTrTBqQwk-8&feature=youtu.be

Mega Man Legacy Collection is a celebration of the 8-bit history of Capcom’s iconic Blue Bomber. Featuring faithful reproductions of the series’ origins with the original six Mega Man games, the Legacy Collection will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made Mega Man such a popular and iconic character. Mega Man Legacy Collection will feature all six games and more for an MSRP of €14.99 / £11.99 this Summer as a digital download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, and this Winter on Nintendo 3DS.

In addition to the six Mega Man games, Mega Man Legacy Collection features new ways to experience the classic games with the Museum Mode and new Challenge Mode. Challenge Mode remixes gameplay segments from all six games, with plenty of scaling difficulty objectives for experienced players to conquer yet serving as a good starting point for new players, too. Museum Mode contains a comprehensive collection of history, high-res art and original concept pieces – a mega treat for any fan of Mega Man and video game history.

Andrefpvs

HOLY SHIT! I need this!

Also, using Mega Man 1's under-appreciated soundtrack for the trailer -- I approve!

Edit: Although this would be a much better package if it included 1-10. 7-10 are still not playable on PS4.

Ok I can get down with this :D

Edit: Who is doing the Emulation?-Digital Eclipse...

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
All I need now are the first three X-games and I'm a happy gamer. :)

Shizuka

That's Capcom, they do it right after releasing most Mega Man games on Virtual Console and PSOne Classics.

I don't know if I'm happy or not, happy because Mega Man is not dead and Capcom cares a little but only 6 games, really?.

Boney

Banned
Summer for XB1 , PS4 and PC, with a winter release for 3DS.

Weird they omitted Wii U with it being a digital game and Smash and all. But hey, it is the Wii u

kulapik

They finally moved a finger on Mighty No 9.... by rereleasing games. Oh well.

Might buy, depending on the price.

maxcriden

Is the challenge mode also available in the MMAC for PS2/GCN? I was thinking about picking that up. Plus, that one has eight games. (Does it have save states? if not, will this one? I ask b/c I'm partly inclined to just get the games through VC as I'm not great at them.)

Is this Challenge Mode brand new?

collige

Banned
Obviously, this is good news, but only having 1-6 is a bit of a let down. They had 1-8 in the Anniversary Collection way back in 2004.

dubq

Getting this regardless but really wish there was a physical edition. Miss having MM boxes in my collection. :(

Top Bottom