• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legacy Collection announced (MM1-6, PS4/XB1/PC/3DS, Digital Eclipse)

You know, after Revelations 2,the resi remake re-release and bow this.... I'm starting to like cash strapped capcpom. They seem to have finally remembered that they have all these IPs and games that people like, and would probably give them money to play them.

Nabs

Whoa. I'm kind of surprised Capcom is doing this.

I guess there's a chance we'll get MM9 on PC one day.

kadotsu

Banned
That collection better include all region's roms and M2 quality emulation on the level of the Sega Ages collections.

bigkrev

The craziest part of this is no last gen versions, when they already announced them for future releases like RE0 HD

Maybe this is a Capcom US/EU thing and not a Capcom JP thing?

Fox Mulder

Obviously, this is good news, but only having 1-6 is a bit of a let down. They had 1-8 in the Anniversary Collection way back in 2004.

Sure, but it's 2015 capcom and mega man.

I'll buy this collection and hope they release a similar one for the X series and the other games.

Naked Lunch

Really really cool. Capcom werent lying when they said the remasters are coming. Having them dip back into the NES era is super rad. More please.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The collection that i own already has Megaman 1-8 plus Rockman and forte, what gives Capcom?

Its even worse because you probably wont do 7 8 and 9 or 10 either which sucks.

I'm also guessing Megaman X collection is also a no go...

Choomp

Banned
Take my goddang money, I need this.

Shucks 3DS is coming in the Winter!? I wonder if I should wait for that.

Its about damn time they started making some more classic games on next gen consoles.

This thing will sell for years to come to ps4 buyers.

Konami needs to get with the program and do the same with castkevania, contra, etc.

There's no reason not to do a small investment in making these classic games available on new platforms and steam..easy money.

Xav

10 years ago we got Mega Man Anniversary Collection with contained Mega Man 1 to 8.

Now in 2015 we get Mega Man Legacy Collection which only features Mega Man 1 to 6.

We should be getting Mega Man Classic Collection featuring Mega Man 1 to 10. Urgh Capcom.

Voror

For a moment I read this as Legends rather than Legacy and got really excited. This is still great though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i3zrzyLOCw

I figured that a new collection would probably be the best course of action in this revival. A MM Collection should automatically be one of those titles that are put out with every generation like Namco Museum or the Sonic/Sega collections. But no vita or Wii U? Will hope for the remixes from Rockman Complete Works.

And a Japanese physical release as always

EDIT - and oh yeah, lemme get a platinum with this, please, Capcom!

Top Bottom