• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legacy Collection announced (MM1-6, PS4/XB1/PC/3DS, Digital Eclipse)

10 years ago we got Mega Man Anniversary Collection with contained Mega Man 1 to 8.

Now in 2015 we get Mega Man Legacy Collection which only features Mega Man 1 to 6.

We should be getting Mega Man Classic Collection featuring Mega Man 1 to 10. Urgh Capcom.

and how much did the anniversary collection cost at launch?

£11.99 for all six brilliant NES games, plus challenge mode and other bonuses, and people complain.

I don't understand.

The price is fine it's just odd to get a 2nd collection that is less complete. Mostly just worried we won't see 7/8 re-released on these platforms for a while/ever.

Just seems backwards to release fewer games.

SerTapTap

Only the 8 bit games and presumably no retail, I guess I can pass on this, already have the PS2 collection. Would buy a retail copy instantly though, or a Mega Man X/Zero/ZX/Legends collection.

Challenge mode might be nice, but I've already bought like all of these off the 3DS VC already.

I will be guaranteed to wait for reviews though. Experience leaves me cautious of input lag on ports of these games.

I haven't forgotten about Anniversary Collection: Filtered graphics that did not fill the screen, and A-B swapped on the Gamecube version. So I feel a bit afraid about this.

The X collection was pixel perfect, though.

I've still got the anniversary collections on GameCube that I ripped to my Wii U but this is still a step in the right direction. I could see myself picking up the new collection if the games are good ports; the original anniversary has some issues.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's not stopping 3ds from getting it.

Which makes it seem like such an insane value compared to the stand alone games

Unless the new versions suck like the previous MMAC.

Anyways, this should be pointed to whenever people ask for MH4U or REmake on Wii U. Capcom won't even port six games that are already on the system!

cyba89

10 years ago we got Mega Man Anniversary Collection with contained Mega Man 1 to 8.

Now in 2015 we get Mega Man Legacy Collection which only features Mega Man 1 to 6.

We should be getting Mega Man Classic Collection featuring Mega Man 1 to 10. Urgh Capcom.

2025 we will get Mega Man Ultimate Collection with 1 to 3 included and 4 to 6 as DLC.

Xater

You know what I give people that it's at least weird that 7 and 8 are not included. They were part of the Anniverary Collection back then as well.

SerTapTap

I haven't forgotten about Anniversary Collection: Filtered graphics that did not fill the screen, and A-B swapped on the Gamecube version. So I feel a bit afraid about this.

The X collection was pixel perfect, though.

Arg is the anniversary collection that bad? I bought both PS2 but only played the X collection so far.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Never played the originals, so I'm in for PC. Sucks that 3DS is digital only.

Because Anniversary collection already exists. They could have ported that.
Pretty much.
I rather had a digital port of it for $15 than a challenge mode.

Guess they are still focusing on the 8-bit nostalgia crowd.

Also they are probably never going to include 9 and 10 in the collection because they are already digital.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was gonna say no Wii U because Virtual Console, but then I remembered 3DS has the NES MM games as well, so.....*shrugs*

Still, $15 for 6 games when they go for about $5 on the Virtual Console is a decent deal, plus I'd rather have a collection with a few bonuses compared to buying them separately.

Want this on PS4, but might have to go for 3DS unless I somehow get a PS4 this year. Can't wait to see the achievement list.
*waits for No Damage achievement again, mwahahaha*

I'd be down for this if it at least included 1-10. Might still bite if it's $15-20 at launch.
It's confirmed $15, which is half the price if you bought them individually via VC on Wii, Wii U, or 3DS.

Crocodile

Great for those without these games already bit the omission of 7 & 8 (from the previous collection) as well as no WiiU or Vita all seem weird.

Honestly why isn't there more classic games from Japanese publishers on steam and next gen?

Castlevania
Contra
Mega Man
Tmnt beat em ups
Gradius
Parodius
Twinbee
Salamander
Metal gear
Blades of steel
Sparkster
Classic street fighter and mortal kombat
Bionic commando
Smash TV

All these classic games were on 360 and ps3 and missing on steam and next gen.

JCX

I just have a feeling something big is happening with the Blue Bomber at E3. Mega Man in Smash, Tron Bonne PSN, now this.

Ridley327

Arg is the anniversary collection that bad? I bought both PS2 but only played the X collection so far.

MMAC could have stood to have been a lot better on the systems it released on. The decision to port over the PS1 ports was odd, to say the least. MM7 is also missing its ending.

Haha, this. How can people be excited about this announcement?

Nice pricing. Would have loved this on the Vita, but I guess the X1 or PS4 version will do. Very strange they didn't include 7-10. Would be great if there would be a follow up with those.

Top Bottom