• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces new Xbox One 1TB console; new controller

iMax

Today, we’re unveiling the Xbox One 1TB console, with a new matte finish and more storage for your games and media. But that’s not all. We’re also including our newly designed Xbox One Wireless Controller, and in select regions for a limited time, Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

The new Xbox One Wireless Controller now features a 3.5mm stereo jack that lets you plug a headset right into the controller. You’ll have the option to adjust headset volume, mic monitoring, and voice and game audio balance through the Settings menu on your console. In addition to audio improvements, we’ve fine-tuned the bumpers and enabled wireless firmware updates on the updated controller which eliminates having to connect the controller via USB cable to receive updates. What’s more, you can purchase the new controller ($64.99 U.S. MSRP) as a standalone item in black as well as a new camouflage design in silver and black with the Xbox One Special Edition Covert Forces Wireless Controller.

Xbox One 1TB consoles will start shipping to retailers June 16 in the United States and select markets later this month and will be available starting at $399 USD ERP. We’re also pleased to announce that starting today, the $349 USD price on all standard Xbox One 500GB consoles will be permanent in the United States and select regions.

And finally, we are happy to announce that starting this Fall, you’ll be able to purchase the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to enjoy the freedom and convenience of the wireless controller on Windows 10 PCs, laptops, and tablets. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows will be available for $24.99 U.S. MSRP or bundled with an Xbox One Wireless Controller for $79.95 U.S. MSRP and sold in most markets where Xbox accessories are currently available.

Check out Xbox Wire for more news related to the Xbox One 1TB console and new Xbox One Wireless Controller.

http://majornelson.com/2015/06/09/new-xbox-one-1tb-console-unveiled/?linkId=14803037

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
woooooo

Didnt know it was matt finish. So cool.

Wait old jack is still there + the new one.

Amazing.

Scrawnton

Moving out of my apartment soon. Told myself I would buy and Xbox One if I got my security deposit back. This may be perfect timing. Already have a Wii U and a PS4.

The controller is $65 separately? Good lord, controller prices keep getting more ridiculous.

The $400 price for the 1 TB console is nice though.

SerTapTap

We’re also pleased to announce that starting today, the $349 USD price on all standard Xbox One 500GB consoles will be permanent in the United States and select regions.

Ah there it is. This seems experimental to me, and personally I really can't recommend buying the 1TB unit when an external drive makes a lot more sense. Sucks if they only bundle in the old controller with the $350 units though...and what's this about charging $5 extra for the 3.5mm controller?! That thing should have been stock day one.

Blanquito

Price drop down to $350 for 500gb. Pachter strikes again.

Wonder if the sales at $400 will be the same? And how long the 500gb will be available?

Fixed bumpers sounds good though.

Pachimari

Sounds great. Finally a PC adapter! And fine tuned bumpers sounds interesting.

Is there a picture of the matte finish?

Caayn

And finally, we are happy to announce that starting this Fall, you’ll be able to purchase the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to enjoy the freedom and convenience of the wireless controller on Windows 10 PCs, laptops, and tablets. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows will be available for $24.99 U.S. MSRP or bundled with an Xbox One Wireless Controller for $79.95 U.S. MSRP and sold in most markets where Xbox accessories are currently available.
Biggest news for me! No more wires when using the controller on the PC.
"New controller"*

*added a headset jack
**Improved bumpers
***Wireless update support

Raist

Banned
Well that "new" pricing doesn't really change much. How long has it been widely available at that price again? Since before Christmas with just a 2 weeks period back to 399 early this year?

Did they spend $100 million on R&Ding this one too?

Heh.

it's 360 slim all over again! I own a glossy slim and my brother owns a matte slim with bigger internal HDD because he got his model a year later.

lolz :p

Azzawon

Updated bumpers, nice! Might pick one up somewhere down the line. The console really should've had that matte black finish at release, gloss is such a pain to keep clean.
That price and they couldn't improve the D-Pad while they were at it?
I should hope not, d-pad is perfect.

Price drop down to $350 for 500gb. Pachter strikes again.

Wonder if the sales at $400 will be the same? And how long the 500gb will be available?

Fixed bumpers sounds good though.

To be honest it's been $350 for a while. So they can still do a "promotional price drop" again.

Poeton

I wonder if they are planning to quietly discontinue the 500 GB model and this is how they are going to bump the console back up to $400?

The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows will be available for $24.99 U.S. MSRP or bundled with an Xbox One Wireless Controller for $79.95 U.S. MSRP and sold in most markets where Xbox accessories are currently available.

I've been waiting for this!

Top Bottom