• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOMA - E3 2015 Trailer

Endless

Trailer on YouTube

Update: HD video on MEGA

SOMA E3 Trailer and the Worst Part of Dying

Following last week's release date announcement and gameplay video for SOMA, Frictional Games is releasing yet another trailer in advance of E3 2015.

Coming to PC and PlayStation 4 on September 22nd, SOMA is the next sci-fi horror experience from Frictional Games, creators of the genre-defining Amnesia and Penumbra series.

Something is happening in PATHOS-2. Communications have gone dark. Key personnel have gone missing or been declared dead in preceding weeks, and the machines are acting…strangely, almost human.

Jackpot

Banned
The crash at the beginning coupled with the screen artefacting every time the player gets hit practically guarantees he's a robot. That walkthrough vid already showed that the robots hallucinate human appendages instead of mechanical arms.

The crash at the beginning coupled with the screen artefacting every time the player gets hit practically guarantees he's a robot. That walkthrough vid already showed that the robots hallucinate human appendages instead of mechanical arms.

yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

But you see the robots as robots while they never comment on you being a robot.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
And people say that PS4 hazz no gamezzz for this year -_-..

Damn this looks amazing!!!

dugdug

Banned
Man, I don't know. Atmosphere looks excellent, as expected, but, after the last couple videos, that voice acting kinda stinks.

nel e nel

yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

But you see the robots as robots while they never comment on you being a robot.

They've pretty much put this part of the game right out in the open with the PR videos they've been releasing the past year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eytOzwyfiCA

Chabbles

I wonder if they've managed to make it more freakier than The Dark Descent, Machine for Pigs felt more tame. I hope they bring it.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Looks awful. There's some garbage trailers coming out of the woodwork. No wonder they left this out of the E3 limelight.

Teuoxton

Looks great! The beginning reminded me of Metro 2033 a little bit and the ladder fall was very Outlast. both of those things are something I like. This will probably turn out to be a great game!

Maximo

hqdefault.jpg

Huuuuuge fan of Prenumbra and Amnesia and..less so with Machine, Im so fucking hyped for this.

Not an appealing trailer but I'm loving the atmosphere, and I just love water environments in general. This is gonna be so fucking good, at least if the ARG was any indication, and the setting is amazing. Hyped.
Gimme In My Veins

Almost none that are compelling reasons for me to actually get a ps4, no. This game looks interesting but I'll get it for the pc if I'm getting it at all.
For users who has and use PC For games and has subjective liking For games it may not, but people looking For a gaming machine that does plug & play games there are many reasons which is why ps4 has big success With sales.

CHC

Jesus this was so creepy. There's something about the totally "normal guy" voice over the hellish scenes.... Very effective contrast. And the way he's just calmly talking about how bad dying is.

Intrigued by this fo sho

Elandyll

Banned
This and ABZU for my underwater game needs please ! :)

Been dying for a (deep) underwater horror game.

Wish someone would adapt Sanctuaire in fact, but this looks like it could do really nicely :)

2225727-sanctuaire_nebraska.png

Verger

Banned
Really liking how this is turning out. I would hope though that there's more to "The Twist" than you are a
Robot
, since that seems to be so obvious now at this point.

Also not liking the main Voice Actor too much. He sounds too dorky/nerdy, but then again I suppose that could just be what the character is.

Verger

Banned
The two live-action shorts they released are really unsettling, I mean, not in a scary way per se but more the implications. I think there's supposed to be a live-action film to accompany this game that will be released at the same time based on these clips so it should be quite interesting.

Vivarium

Mockingbird

Tapejara

The two live-action shorts they released are really unsettling, I mean, not in a scary way per se but more the implications. I think there's supposed to be a live-action film to accompany this game that will be released at the same time based on these clips so it should be quite interesting.

Vivarium

Mockingbird

Those teasers were great.

Does anyone remember the initial reveal, where one character
finds his own brain in another room?
That scene got me so hyped for the game; really excited to see how what Frictional does with SOMA's story.

Verger

Banned
Those teasers were great.

Does anyone remember the initial reveal, where one character
finds his own brain in another room?
That scene got me so hyped for the game; really excited to see how what Frictional does with SOMA's story.
Yeah, that is still up here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWHVkMIP1b8

I wonder if any of that is going to be in-game as Frictional has said they've gone to lots of revisions to the game world. But it's clear that they were thinking very dark when the project started out and I cannot imagine they'd have toned any of it down.

But yeah, I'm hyped because Frictional wants to aim for the storytelling excellence of Machine for Pigs, while hopefully keeping a good amount of gameplay.

inm8num2

I've got a lot of confidence in Frictional - really excited to see how they push themselves and their development forward with SOMA.

Top Bottom