• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Summer Game (Valve, F2P, Out Now) |OT| Cookie click to unlock sales

BibiMaghoo

It's the Summer Sale game. You earn cards and stuff.

Wait, you knew this and troll titled the thread. Not smart.

Nosgotham

I thought it was called Unnanounced Game because of the capitalization. This is the most bare bones topic I think ive ever seen

jediyoshi

The click thirst is real

cj3BKpN.png

Elija2

So can I just leave this open in the background to unlock cards or do I actually have to actively play it and stuff?

So can I just leave this open in the background to unlock cards or do I actually have to actively play it and stuff?

v2Ibl2N.png

I got a card for starting the game, dunno if you get multiple cards per day.

Edit:

From the minigame FAQ
Play the Monster Summer Game
If you’re Steam Level 5 and above, you’ll get a Summer Sale trading card at random intervals while playing, up to three per 24-hour period. (If you reach Steam Level 5 before the end of the sale, you’ll be granted the cards you earned by playing the Monster Summer Game).

So, 3 cards a day, but at random intervals.

Shibalan

The game is broken here. It send/receive the damages during several seconds, then nothing. I have to refresh the page.

yamo

most of the times I get no money when the monsters die and when I finally do and spend it on powerups, I don't get the powerups D:

Zia

So, it's really, horribly broken. For some reason I'm a way higher level than my BF even though he started playing before me and I never invested in upgrades. Also, I received a card drop just for booting into the game while he didn't.

Remember folkes, use mousekeys (left alt + left shift + num lock) to save breaking your mouse.

Also it seems negative DPS is possible somehow. Do the enemies have regen? Also I have the sad realisation I am THE DPS on the lame I am currently as the DPS drops dramatically when I stop. But even so the DPS does not work at all as the HP bars drop about 10 times slower than they should.

i do like 700 dmg per click, i should be owning

this game sucks
My team has been at level 10 for 4 hours (levels 1-9 were beaten in 27 minutes for comparison) and enemies have a few million health so it will take ages to kill anything.

The boss has hundreds of million and looking at the store page it seems people have given up vs those.

Phinor

I haven't seen any enemies or anything at all in the game yet but apparently I'm at level 28 now.

I wonder how the actual game plays. I hope by tomorrow I at least get some graphics on the screen. Although I do like this version too, got two cards already and haven't done a single thing in the game.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Remember folkes, use mousekeys (left alt + left shift + num lock) to save breaking your mouse.

Also it seems negative DPS is possible somehow. Do the enemies have regen? Also I have the sad realisation I am THE DPS on the lame I am currently as the DPS drops dramatically when I stop. But even so the DPS does not work at all as the HP bars drop about 10 times slower than they should.

My team has been at level 10 for 4 hours (levels 1-9 were beaten in 27 minutes for comparison) and enemies have a few million health so it will take ages to kill anything.

The boss has hundreds of million and looking at the store page it seems people have given up vs those.

Holy crap.

I just got to level 15 before getting a bit bored and clicking off.

Level 10 took about 20 minutes or so, and that was painful enough. I wonder if the boss targets can be reached today.

El Topo

I can't get into a game.

You're missing out on absolutely nothing. It's not really a game anyway. You just click or you don't. You die and respawn automatically after a while or you click and respawn immediately. At some point you might have so much life that you probably don't die anyway. Maybe you'll meet a boss at some point. Bosses are like every other enemy, except they have more health. You click or you don't and at some point they die. You get a bit more gold. Whoa! Hey, if you're lucky you can't advance to the next level, which means you might have to start new. Great, isn't it?

lyrick

Holy crap.

I just got to level 15 before getting a bit bored and clicking off.

Level 10 took about 20 minutes or so, and that was painful enough. I wonder if the boss targets can be reached today.

Similar issue Got to level 20 in about 20 minutes, and have been sitting there for roughly another 30.

E8EGH8j.png

Top Bottom