• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Summer Game (Valve, F2P, Out Now) |OT| Cookie click to unlock sales

Satch

Banned
1roSuox.png

mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

mfaex

What are everyone's stats like? I've got 9 / 21 / 5 / 34 / 6 / 10 / 3 and then 2 / 3 / 3 / 3. Just bought cluster bombs. Going to try to upgrade fire to l3 next and then probably try to get Light Armor to 10 or 11.

Heh my stuff's almost identical to yours. I went 11 into water elemental though, 0 in the rest.

Primus

What are everyone's stats like? I've got 9 / 21 / 5 / 34 / 6 / 10 / 3 and then 2 / 3 / 3 / 3. Just bought cluster bombs. Going to try to upgrade fire to l3 next and then probably try to get Light Armor to 10 or 11.

Currently at level 124, sitting on almost a million gold, but trying to bank it so I can afford the Decrease Cooldowns ability at 10 mil. I haven't died in hours as far as I can tell, must have lucked into the SRSBZNS team.

Light Armor: 10
Heavy Armor: 5
Auto-fire Cannon: 30
Advanced Targeting: 5
Armor-Piercing Round: 30
Explosive Rounds: 5
Lucky Shot: 10 (worthless, don't ever buy this)
Boss Loot: 3

All Elementals to 3, but that was a waste of money too. Best to just focus on one tree, maybe 2.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think I missed the tutorial. How do you read the team health thing?

it's broken into deciles of health; so each bar refers to "percentage of people with x% health". the size of the bar is what percentage of your team has that decile of health. the left-most is percent of your team currently dead. right-most is percent of your team currently with 100% health. ideally you want a bunch of empty space and then all green on the right.

it's broken into deciles of health; so each bar refers to "percentage of people with x% health". the size of the bar is what percentage of your team has that decile of health. the left-most is percent of your team currently dead. right-most is percent of your team currently with 100% health. ideally you want a bunch of empty space and then all green on the right.
This explains so much.

Thanks!

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I'm not doing anything. Doing the math on the clicks, I should be doing 1000k per second but their health never changes and they don't seem to die in the time it would take to kill them per that amount of damage either.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Heavy Armor *cries with happiness*

I feel like I'm not doing anything. Doing the math on the clicks, I should be doing 1000k per second but their health never changes and they don't seem to die in the time it would take to kill them per that amount of damage either.

It only sends your click data once a second, and I think there's a thing where the pooled damage received from the server is applied gradually, so there's a measure of indirection. It also keeps taking "attacks" after the server has already received enough damage to kill the enemy but before your end has declared the enemy dead.

Zeknurn

Anyone with Napalm think if it's worth dropping two millions on it? Or if I should grab Cluster Bomb and use one million to upgrade a bunch of stuff.

I think reaching level 100 would be enough.
The badge is capped at level 100 with 100 exp and you won't get anything from achieving higher than that.

bNBPNSZ.jpg

Firebrand

Haven't even been able to join a game yet. Friends games are all way too high level for me to join too.

Fix yo shit, Valve.

edit: why would you use cripple monster on a minion?

They're that powerful.
They [Tactical Nuke] do damage proportional to enemy HP. In the case of a boss 20% (other enemies 50%).

Lucky Shot just increases the amount of damage a crit does. As far as I can tell, your actual chance to make a crit is 0% unless someone uses the Good Luck Charms powerup.

EDIT: Some Reddit folks are working on a complete rundown of the game's mechanics here.
It has a download link to the music, YES!!

Div3x

Neo Member
Just noticed that the reason it loads to 97 instead of 100 is because 97 is 3 numbers away from 100.

Also the game is fun but they should of made sure that their servers could handle it, HP only goes down a few seconds after i click (and than im not even sure that i did that since there are 300-400 players in eacht lane), hp gets stuck than rapidly goes down, HP goes back up, i die with 3k HP left, etc...

Seanspeed

Banned
I have no idea how the game works. It explains nothing whatsoever.

I just know I get cards for doing it, which is free money, so I did it for a little bit.

Kouriozan

It's working a hell of a lot better than it was yesterday

Not true.
Yesterday I could "play", or at least enter a game, today it's only errors.
And I'm trying every 2 mins since 3 hours ago.

EDIT : I see why, there is a limit of how many room there can be (1900), and now everyone is too high level for other people to join....

Games over for today it seems. Kind of like how voting ended before the day?

Only got two of the three cards. One from first starting up and one from joining a freinds game.

A tactic for helping players might be getting to a high level in one game and constantly joining friends, using the special abilities (hence the high level needed first) so that everyone advances (which is required for the deals) rather than a few.

Joining friends will reset your characters stats though.

Primus

Looks like my game made it to somewhere in the 310 range before the shutdown. Means I should have 31 of these "Badge Points" to spend when today's iteration starts up, and we'll see what that actually means. I'm guessing I'll be able to dump them on the special one-time-use items.

Primus

And we're live!

Badge Points do allow you to purchase the one-time-use powerups, and you MUST spend them before being allowed to play.

People going crazy in my game, making it rain with powerups. Just had 17 Raining Golds on the level 20 boss.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I used all my badge points on Treasure, figuring the early game cash boost was better than any of the one-time use abilities.

My steam team today are fucking awe inspiring, after I was stuck on level 20 for like 8 hours yesterday.
4apHUUC.png

In the time it took me to printscreen that, upload it and post this im now at level 100 XD

Top Bottom