• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Summer Game (Valve, F2P, Out Now) |OT| Cookie click to unlock sales

Is earning cards totally random or do I have to reach a specific milestone or something?

Seems totally random. The two I've received were while I wasn't doing anything with monster game. Though I played a before each drop, so maybe that's related somehow.

Satch

Banned
veE3Awq.png

lmao cute

also i made it to level 50
4Head.png

Exuro

There any tricks for getting in? Says I can't join. I tried a friends and it let me in but they were too high of a level for me to do anything.

Elija2

What's even the point of this game? I mean, how is it making Valve any money? They totally missed the opportunity to give it microtransactions and incentive them by giving the highest-level player a unique profile skin that only lasts a month.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What's even the point of this game? I mean, how is it making Valve any money? They totally missed the opportunity to give it microtransactions and incentive them by giving the highest-level player a unique profile skin that only lasts a month.

100% agreed

HanktheAwesome

Neo Member
So the team gets to a boss, 33% of the people idle at the boss and then walk away. Boss eventually dies.

Now 33% of the team is left on the boss screen, doing nothing, while the rest of us are stuck trying to kill the 6 respawning bad guys over and over and over and over and over again.

For two and a half hours.

Come on. Is there not a better way? Can't they make it so you're forcibly shoved to another lane if the lane you're in is empty?

Blizzard

Banned
Do critical hits actually happen? I haven't seen any. I have Level 10 Lucky Shot.
I have 5 Lucky Shot but have never seen one. I assume the chance is 0 unless someone uses the clover powerup.

One of my friends can't even get the game to run (Windows 8.1) from either a web browser or the Steam client.

kvothe

I have 5 Lucky Shot but have never seen one. I assume the chance is 0 unless someone uses the clover powerup.

One of my friends can't even get the game to run (Windows 8.1) from either a web browser or the Steam client.

I'm Win 8.1 and it's working for me.

tauke

Same with me. I just get this message: ERROR There was a problem trying to join a game. Please try again later.

Already tried with the Steam client and Firefox/Chrome. Was hoping to get cards without buying anything on Steam since I got tons of backlog game to complete (and currently hooked on Witcher 3).

Primus

Lucky Shot just increases the amount of damage a crit does. As far as I can tell, your actual chance to make a crit is 0% unless someone uses the Good Luck Charms powerup.

EDIT: Some Reddit folks are working on a complete rundown of the game's mechanics here.

Paprikka

Got a tactical nuke and used it on the level 20 boss, and its hp went down by about 100 million. Is it really that powerful or was that just lag? Even with an hour cooldown that's pretty awesome.

Saikyo

I have Advanced Targeting on LV 4, it unlock another upgrade with more levels or should I wait and buy one of the abilities?

Primus

I have Advanced Targeting on LV 4, it unlock another upgrade with more levels or should I wait and buy one of the abilities?

There's no more upgrades to unlock with Advanced Targeting.

So the source for the game is wide open, do a right-click -> View Source and you can see all the variables and details.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What are everyone's stats like? I've got 9 / 21 / 5 / 34 / 6 / 10 / 3 and then 2 / 3 / 3 / 3. Just bought cluster bombs. Going to try to upgrade fire to l3 next and then probably try to get Light Armor to 10 or 11.

Yep, tried repeatedly over the last few hours to play and no dice. I hope I dont miss out on any deals given that I can't even try it.

Top Bottom