• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony to get Call of Duty Black Ops 3 DLC first

ElRenoRaven

Do not like. I hated this shit when Xbox got it first and I hate it now.

Same here. Too many exclusives. Sony getting a ton this time around too. Blops 3, Destiny shit again, Disney Infinity stuff, Assasins Creed stuff. My bitching won't stop it though. Didn't stop it when MS did it and won't now that sony is.

That was fucking shite.

Well done Sony for wasting that playstation plus sub money with this shit. Fuck me. Are they turning into Microsoft. Fuck that.

Smh.....

Activision must be laughing there greedy fucking arses off.

Sony look like a bunch of fucking mugs with this deal. Perhaps they could have invested the money in bringing TLG up to fucking standard ffs.

someone at Sony was aggressive with marketing deals this year.

Would rather see that money in game development instead of doing the same stupid dude-bro deals like MS did.

Jarrod38

That was fucking shite.

Well done Sony for wasting that playstation plus sub money with this shit. Fuck me. Are they turning into Microsoft. Fuck that.

Smh.....

Sony look like a bunch of fucking mugs with this deal. Perhaps they could have invested the money in bringing TLG up to fucking standard ffs.

And it will split up the community as well.

offshore

lol I was cringing when Andy was making the announcement; I guess they really felt that not having marketing and DLC really hurt them last gen.

That was fucking shite.

Smh.....

What are you talking about.

Ambient80

I mean, I'm glad I'll have DLC first now on PS4, but fuck that practice. I hate timed exclusivity that screws one playerbase over, even if only temporarily. Really wish they would have just said "Everyone gets DLC at the same time."

Hip Hop

The meltdowns are real
I think I saw a death threat or two already on Twitter.

It's cool, was expecting something more neutral. They haven't said how long of a timed exclusive it is though, so there's that.
PC again gets nothin, o well.

Jarrod38

The meltdowns are real
I think I saw a death threat or two already on Twitter.

It's cool, was expecting something more neutral. They haven't said how long of a timed exclusive it is though, so there's that.
PC again gets nothin, o well.
If anything it will be a month like it was in the xbox one. Shit should only be a week only.

Hip Hop

That was fucking shite.

Smh.....

There are meltdowns for not getting the DLC first, and there is also meltdowns for getting the DLC first? Nobody wins with Activision :(

Maximus.

That was fucking shite.

Smh.....

Well Sony just showed off a ton of amazing games that are varied. I think they are doing it right. I don't give a shit about the exclusive shit first, but Sony had a little bit of everything. Developers want to be partnered with the successful console to push more sales, this isn't surprising.

Josman

Yay, marketing deals that benefit no one. It was just marketing and 1 month exclusivity for DLC, yet they painted it as the deal of the century. Seemed more like an excuse to say to MS: Paradigm shift bros.

At least the game looked fun.

VinFTW

This was the worst thing to come out of the conference. Absolutely nightmare for one console fanbase or another.

Wish this shit would stop.

Sounds like it'll go on for years too...

Two Words

Yeah, I would rather the deal stuff just ended all together. I guess the strange reversal makes for good internet fodder though.

Last 2 games where selling better on ps4 anyway and the deal was costing MS a arm and a leg.

Makes sense MS would let it go. It wasn't working for them anymore.

And for Activision they can be bundled with the market leader console again during the holidays.

Game looks kind of flat though. Getting a cod ghosts feel from it.

Lingitiz

Always awkward as hell when the audience cheers exclusive DLC.

"WOOOO THE OTHER GUY GETS FUCKED WOOO!"

I don't even have an Xbox One but this shit is lame.

RoKKeR

Meh

I don't think this CoD deal means nearly as much now as it would have say 3 or 4 years ago. There are too many other big games entering CoD's space. Battlefront and Destiny among them.

Hate this trend but I really really wish I could learn what happened behind the scenes.

Was there a bidding war for destiny or CoD or was it a marketing deal. I want to know the business behind these moves and if they actually pay off.

Timed exclusivity is generally stupid, but in this instance it's great, mainly because I don't care about Call of Duty at all. Drama.

Ivan 3414

Not going to lie, that gameplay looked great. I think having three development teams on CoD is really paying off. Looks like they added a ton of new mechanics.

Fury451

Banned
Do not like. I hated this shit when Xbox got it first and I hate it now.

Yep. It was annoying waiting for it to hit PS4, and I really don't want Xbone fans to have to deal with the same nuisance.

Not going to lie, that gameplay looked great. I think having three development teams on CoD is really paying off. Looks like they added a ton of new mechanics.

It really does look spectacular. Treyarch the kings by a far stretch. Though I thought Sledgehammer did well with AW and in trying to mix up the formula. Still, this looks leaps and bounds better/

Eh from a personal perspective, getting maps first on one system is a lame marketing tactic and only hurts some consumers.

It is interesting from an armchair analyst sort of way though as they MS COD marketing partnership was long lived

GnawtyDog

Banned

Game looked great and fresh... I'm personally more interested in Battlefront but MS has been living of the bro-shooter crowd tits for ages. Sony is just going for that tit like a competitor should. Doesn't get bigger and more bro-ish than COD.

Meh

I don't think this CoD deal means nearly as much now as it would have say 3 or 4 years ago. There are too many other big games entering CoD's space. Battlefront and Destiny among them.

Sony has both of those two. It's all about being the home of FPS - arguably the most popular genre in the console industry. It's business. If gamers wouldn't reward such genre with unprecedented love and money - we wouldn't be seen this - but they do - every year.

Top Bottom