• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony to get Call of Duty Black Ops 3 DLC first

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Really hated waiting for the map packs on PS4. Glad I don't have to anymore, I guess.

Still haven't really been impressed with anything I've seen of BO3.

timlot

Banned
That demo was actually worse than Advanced Warfare. Its COD so it'll sell anyway, but it was very meh to me.

therapist

eh i dont care about dlc.

Its completely dumb to pay a company to have DLC exclusively for x amount of time , its always been dumb and will not change , imo.

I like the 4 player co-op for campaign .

The movement looks like titanfall on crack minus the bs double jumping in AW.

did i see a wall running scoped sniper kill? ehhhh

i kinda laughed when i saw that

Its not enough to succeed wildly, you have to shove your competition's nose into the dirt and their consumers along with em. Every chance you get.

I hate these kinds of exclusives, from any company, and I say that as someone with an Xbox One and a PS4. Whether everybody does it, or this is justified payback for wrongs already committed, it still sucks for the audience being excluded - and moreso in that exclusion itself is being peddled as a feature.

But hey, good to know.

sw-pizza2dyo9m.gif

Madness

Haha, looks like giving Advanced Warfare the 1tb console bundle really helped Microsoft last year instead of an MCC bundle at that time only for CoD to go to Sony this year. I like that there weren't too many third party exclusives anymore, but I hate how many games have these smaller deals. Oh well. Fallout 4, The Division for Xbox One, Destiny, Battlefront, Black Ops 3 for Sony etc.

alatif113

It sucks but we all knew someone was going to get it. If not Sony, then MS. Yeah I'll be a little selfish and say I'm glad its on my console of choice.

Exile20

Gamers suffered when MS had it and they will suffer now that Sony has it. This is not better because it on your console of choice.

Activision are the winners here tho. The amount of money Sony had to pay them to get this out of MS hands have to be a lot.

Sakura

That was fucking shite.

Well done Sony for wasting that playstation plus sub money with this shit. Fuck me. Are they turning into Microsoft. Fuck that.

Smh.....

Activision must be laughing there greedy fucking arses off.

Sony look like a bunch of fucking mugs with this deal. Perhaps they could have invested the money in bringing TLG up to fucking standard ffs.

Wow dang.
Think you need to take a breather bro.

MilesTeg

Banned
As a CoD player on PS all these years, I'm glad I'm no longer getting the shit end of the stick. Waiting for those maps an extra month sucked. While I think they should be released at the same time everywhere I can't say this announcement doesn't make me a bit happy to be getting the maps on time now.

sono

I switched off for this bit of the conference. Still if it makes Sony money and Sony use that to fund real games then I can tolerate it.

I wont buy the DLC either way, but I don't remember the flipside of this being so hostile. PS3 only last gen and I could understand that you go to the larger base first. The winner gets the spoils. Its a reality since it was popularized last gen and Sony would have been foolish to let an oppurtunity like this slip away.

How many in this thread said competition was good? This is Sony competing, and just like the day that phrase was uttered, competition is still good.

Kayant

A shame and man Sony sure are pushing hard to market their console with dudebros. A shame Activision would never say no to free marketing being done for them. Don't care for COD too much these days or its DLC in general but it always sucks when other platforms have to wait for content for no real reason. Should be interesting to see though if this does makes any difference in reality in terms of sales and mindshare.

NeoROCK

I heard this rumor a long time ago and found it hard to believe Sony would put up the cash for this.

Huge steal for PS4.

Timed exclusive map packs have always seemed like the pettiest bullshit form of exclusive content.
People are actually jazzed that other people who own the other console are getting an arbitrary delay. It honestly boggles my mind that any gamer could be happy about these deals.

Helllllll yessssss!

Xbox has been getting content early for way too long. I would have been just as happy if neither company got early stuff and that was eliminated though.

ThePicard

Banned
Good business catch for sony but personalty I didnt care when it was with xbox and I dont care now, COD is dying to me going the way of guitar hero and tony hawks.

Is this going to be the standard one month exclusivity or are they going with the new and apparently popular enough to be continued Destiny method of fucking the other players?

Both are shit.

ILoveBish

Meh

I don't think this CoD deal means nearly as much now as it would have say 3 or 4 years ago. There are too many other big games entering CoD's space. Battlefront and Destiny among them.

The cod dlc deal is worth 10 final fantasy 7 remakes when it comes to selling consoles in the US. It was one of the biggest things to come out of e3, and they said this is just the beginning for the partnership. To downplay it is hilarious.

P.s. both those other 2 shooters have PlayStation marketing.

A_Gorilla

Banned
GameFAQs is mostly comprised of older gamers these days; you're not going to see the kiddie meltdowns of yore

Have we been visiting the same site? The level of salt over there right now could melt all of Antarctica.

But really, the importance of this change cannot be overstated. I would give anything to know whether Activision jumped ship or if MS let them go.

Top Bottom