• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kerbal Space Program announced for PS4.

It was just announced as a 2016 game for PS4 on the Sony Latinamerica E3 conference going live here.

http://www.twitch.tv/playstationlatam

Confirmed by their producer.

q1Vz93p.png

FnwXSbx.png

OOOOOOOOH YEAH BABY

This game is INCREDIBLE.

But how on earth is it going to control? Almost every key on the keyboard is mapped to a command

Tagyhag

Holy wow, I can't even imagine how to map this to a gamepad.

But if they find a way, then fuck yeah, this game is so good.

...Still want a Minion mod!

commedieu

Banned
Controlling it without a mouse is going to be a nightmare. Don't know how they're going work around that.

I'd imagine, and this is just going out on a limb, but they are going to heavily consider this while developing it.

Need to have a capture feature though -- although, PS4's already have that right? The crashes, they will be epic with all the n00bs.

SummitAve

Banned
Ehhhh I feel like you could work out decent touch or analog controls with snapping parts. Why wasn't this in their main conference?

iosefe

sounds cool

people have done controller mappings for the game, so it cn't be that hard, and i'm certain that having the touchpad will solve any minor gripes.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
As a ps4 owner who's buying a PC for kerbal space program next week, you'd think I'd be annoyed. But I'm not. More people need to play this. And the controls will have to be reworked, so both versions will likely have their own positives.

Double dipping, btw.

Doesn't look like they're streaming it anymore.

Is there gameplay video somewhere?

EDIT: Oh nevermind, it's not new. Found on YouTube.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
As a ps4 owner who's buying a PC for kerbal space program next week, you'd think I'd be annoyed. But I'm not. More people need to play this. And the controls will have to be reworked, so both versions will likely have their own positives.

Double dipping, btw.

They could just add Kb/M support.

CHC

Whoa that's major. I know it's not a huge game but it's a compelling PC exclusive, so this is nice news for PS4 owners that want something a little different.

BahamutPT

Unrelated news. According to their Twitter:

PlayStation LatAm ‏@PlayStation_LA 10m10 minutes ago View translation
Nos enorgullece anunciar que los #PS4 estarán creados por Brasileños para los Brasileños. #E3tadoPLAY #E32015

Confirmation of PS4 being produced IN Brazil?

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
They could just add Kb/M support.

They could, but I imagine the UI will be reworked for a controller, which is an exciting prospect for me providing it's done right.

My laptop has really been struggling to run 1.0, so in this case, I'll have a nice way to play ksp while relaxing on the couch*. Meanwhile, my PC will be in the other room and will no doubt be where I do my more intricate designs and complicated missions.

*Yes, I know that this is possible with a PC already, but I live in Japan and don't have room in my living room for a PC.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, I wanted to avoid this game because I know I'm going to lose my life in this.

Well, at least I'll learn some orbital mechanics.

Yep, was confirmed earlier in the conference.

That oughta bring the price down, hopefully.

Derpcrawler

I wonder how it will run on PS4. This game has insane requirements when it's stressed, i.e. complicated rockets with lot of details.

I mean sometimes my frame rate drops to 20FPS, and I run Core i7 5960X OC at 4.4Ghz and SLI Titan X.

Inc 5FPS on PS4.

E:D uses the four face buttons as "shift" when held down. Remaps the d-pad and shoulder buttons, which is up to eight extra commands per button.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
But how on earth is it going to control? Almost every key on the keyboard is mapped to a command

That's what I'm wondering. The UI seems pretty PC focused. It's going to be interesting how they retool this.

Macrotus

I wonder how this is going to run the PS4.
I know the PS4 has a nice GPU but the CPU isn't that strong.
And from what I remember, Kerbal is a pretty CPU heavy game.

Top Bottom