• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kerbal Space Program announced for PS4.

Ooh. Morpheus support, perhaps? I'd double-dip on this. I would assume it'd run better on my PS4 than it does on my PC. I remember a few weeks ago someone wanting this to come to PS4. I didn't think it was possible. I am so glad to be wrong!

YES!

Curious about the UI, but I suppose they have thought this through. Pretty sure a-large-percentage-I-just-made-up of PS4 users are not going to hook up a KB&M on their console, even if it's possible.

YES!

Curious about the UI, but I suppose they have thought this through. Pretty sure a-large-percentage-I-just-made-up of PS4 users are not going to hook up a KB&M on their console, even if it's possible.

Yup. You can hook up a KB&M to a PS4. Now, if only developers would utilize that feature. War Thunder is the only game that gives the most options: Dual Shock 4, Keyboard and Mouse, Camera (for head tracking), and (soon) Morpheus (I think it was already updated to support Morpheus).

Sijil

Radial menus everywhere is the only way I think this will be possible with a controller, with slow motion during flight, I shudder at the thought. Slapping a "plays best with Keyboard and mouse" or "keyboard and mouse required" sticker/notice would turn off a whole lot of people on consoles.

Dizzy

Banned
I always said one of the console makers needs to junp on this. One of the best indie games not on a console.

The ship building should be pretty straight forward since everything just "snaps" anyway.

And a controller might be useful for controlling your craft / Kerban because its not exactly great on KB+M as is.

Its all the other stuff that might get tricky on controller. Tweaking trajectory using the zoomed out view and jumping between kerbans and what not.

DBT85

Strange considering how technical it is and how reliant on mods most players are.

They'll not get the same leniency in reviews on things that they get from the PC crowd over the odd bits that are still a bit janky too.

I'd have preferred they just complete the Unity 5 job, but maybe they are not mutually exclusive.

To whomever suggested Morpheus support, I would not bet on this game being able to keep stable 60 on ps4 considering how brutal it I'd on high end pic cpus when shit gets crazy.

kamandi

Couldn't even guess at how the controls would translate here. Should be interesting.

Originally Posted by kamandi

PS4 is building a crazy library. I wonder how it will look like 10 years later.
49% PS3 remasters, 49% indies, 2% Knack.

LoL. That was harsh.

DBT85

They posted this news as an image in the usual Devnote Tuesdays forum post that they make, with no other news at all.

Unsurprisingly the forum-goers were else than impressed that they got some news they don't really care about and no actual dev notes.

Par Score

Cool!

Everyone should have a chance to play KSP, though I wonder how well it will run on the consoles (the physics calculations can be pretty demanding).

GodofWine

I wonder how this is going to run the PS4.
I know the PS4 has a nice GPU but the CPU isn't that strong.
And from what I remember, Kerbal is a pretty CPU heavy game.

My laptop has less RAM a slightly weaker GPU and a pedestrian i5, and it runs fine, I think it'll do OK on ps4, graphics dont need to be cranked up for sure in this, so maybe they can figure out a way to utilize all the available processing.

Great news for Squad as well, they deserve all the sales they can get

KSP is a great game. I'm just not entirely sure how they can make the controls work on PS4.

Can't wait to find out. I do seriously hope they also include Keyboard and Mouse support since the PS4 is fully compatible with it already. Options are fantastic.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I wish indies didnt hate Microsoft. Gotta rebuy a Ps4 just for indies lol.

That is no one but Microsoft's fault unfortunately. They really need to get rid of that exclusivity clause because it's doing them no favors.

KSP is a fuckawesome game, I've got over 100 hours with it on steam. No idea how it will work with only a controller though.. o_O

WOW

never would of expected this game to hit PS4.

WOW

I'm hyped. LOVE Kerbel.

BTW PS4 supports KB/M if it must have it. If they take advantage of the touchpad on the PS4 that could work well too if calibrated right. Will be interesting to see the control scheme. The building portion will be easy .... more I think about it, yeah this will work fine on controller.

Godcannon

Omg yes! This game is incredible. I want the Interstellar skins too :D

Any fan of science and space exploration, he'll even if ur not, will like this game.

JP

Me in the pre E3 wish thread said:
Not a prediction but I would love to see Kerbal Space Program get a console release at some point.
Fuck, yes. So very, very happy about this!!! :)

I enjoyed the demo on Mac, but it was a bit confusing at times. I meant to buy the full game, but now I may wait to see what the port is like. Do we have any kind of launch window?

GodofWine

I enjoyed the demo on Mac, but it was a bit confusing at times. I meant to buy the full game, but now I may wait to see what the port is like. Do we have any kind of launch window?

It will be playable at this years PlayStation Experience thingy...,so Soon(y) I hope

That is no one but Microsoft's fault unfortunately. They really need to get rid of that exclusivity clause because it's doing them no favors.

KSP is a fuckawesome game, I've got over 100 hours with it on steam. No idea how it will work with only a controller though.. o_O

I wish indies didnt hate Microsoft. Gotta rebuy a Ps4 just for indies lol.

I know this is old but...it is coming to Xbox one.

Just wasn't announced until later

http://news.xbox.com/2015/08/games-kerbal-space-program-on-xbox-one

Top Bottom