• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 to run 30FPS confirmed.

Fisty

080.png

Bloodrage

Banned
Old news, and after seeing the footage, it's back to that Naughty Dog effect where they manage to make 30fps look higher than 30fps because it's so fluid.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Even though I started the one of the old threads I'm still going to post in here. A completely locked 30 is fine with me considering the added level of destruction and dynamic elements ND has put into the game which I feel enhance gameplay. ND's games last gen also had more input lag than most at 30fps, so there's still a lot of improvement that can be made on that front as well.

I am glad that at least MP will be 60. Still annoyed about the first trailer being released at 60 but am glad they're making it clear far in advance how their goals have changed. They've been pretty upfront about the changing target since PSX.

Sigh. I can't imagine enjoying a game at 30, with motion blur it gets really hard to make out the details of the surroundings when you look around. Oh well, I'll just wait for the ps5 remastered edition then.

Ploid 3.0

I have a feeling they didn't anticipate how far they would get into the destructible things would be. That island scene on the reveal must have been no sweat vs that demo they showed with all the people, lighting, and so on.

BashNasty

Wait how did the 2014 trailer run at 60fps on PS4.

Very, very carefully I'm sure, there was never any chance we were actually going to get that level of visual fidelity at 60fps on PS4.

Given the footage they've shown, 30fps is totally fine.

tbd

Shouldn't be fine with anyone. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the last months I solely played PC games but whenever I cap my Witcher 3 at 30 FPS to run Hairworks without drops, it's absolutely unbearable in comparison. And Uncharted is a fast-paced game that also wants you to aim properly.

BashNasty

Shouldn't be fine with anyone. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the last months I solely played PC games but whenever I cap my Witcher 3 at 30 FPS to run Hairworks without drops, it's absolutely unbearable in comparison. And Uncharted is a fast-paced game that also wants you to aim properly.

30fps on PC often tends to feel far worse than 30fps on consoles due to frame pacing issues.

Ploid 3.0

How will we survive.

StevieP

Banned
Wait how did the 2014 trailer run at 60fps on PS4.

Ubisoft Magic

Even though I started the one of the old threads I'm still going to post in here. A completely locked 30 is fine with me considering the added level of destruction and dynamic elements ND has put into the game which I feel enhance gameplay. ND's games last gen also had more input lag than most at 30fps, so there's still a lot of improvement that can be made on that front as well.

I am glad that at least MP will be 60. Still annoyed about the first trailer being released at 60 but am glad they're making it clear far in advance how their goals have changed. They've been pretty upfront about the changing target since PSX.

Since when do uncharted games maintain a locked 30fps?

nib95

Banned

It's not only fine by me, it's preferable. Give me bells and whistles, extra physics, better graphics, bigger levels etc, over 60fps, especially in a game like Uncharted, which isn't actually that faced paced, at least not to the degree of something like Call of Duty anyway.

Remember, console gaming is not the same as PC gaming. You probably spent two to three (or more) times as much on your rig as the PS4 costs in its entirety, to have the luxury of running 60fps as well as insane visuals, consoles can't do that. It's fixed hardware, designed around an affordable budget.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Since when do uncharted games maintain a locked 30fps?

I haven't watched today's demo because I'm on a blackout but the PSX demo and E3 stage demo didn't drop a frame and they were live gameplay. They said it was averaging about 37fps at PSX. It's doable and Sony's first party as a whole has been really good about keeping framerates consistently above 30 this gen, aside from Knack.

Chuck

Still without luck
bummer.

lesson: never believe anyone in relation to excitement for an unfinished product

Fisty

Well you can just set the framerate to whatever youd like when you play UC4 on your PC

Not surprised considering ND's work on visual fidelity.

They made a mistake pushing that 60fps narrative for months and months after the initial announcement though. They shouldn't have got caught up in the 60 fps frenzy back then, which has kinda died down now for AAA productions on consoles.

I haven't watched today's demo because I'm on a blackout but the PSX demo and E3 stage demo didn't drop a frame and they were live gameplay. They said it was averaging about 37fps at PSX. It's doable and Sony's first party as a whole has been really good about keeping framerates consistently above 30 this gen, aside from Knack and Bloodborne.

fixed.
I know it has frame pacing problem :D

So single-player mode at 30 fps and multi-player mode at 60fps?

That's perfect! Now I can have all the bells and whistles when playing story mode without losing responsive gameplay in multi-player matches.

I'm fine with 30.

But let's all reminisce about those threads where gaf rolled on endlessly about the 60 lock being true because of whatsherfaces tweet.

No one actually thought it was going to be 60 though, right?

30 looks damn good.

Radec

I'm fine with 30 as long as they push the visuals harder than aiming for 60 and setting for a mid ground.

Danielsan

Perfectly fine with that given how it looks. It's pretty clear that Naughty Dog and Sony want this game to be a graphical show case.

Top Bottom