• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stories differ after Confederate flag wavers crash boy's birthday party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dram

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/watch-heated-confrontation-over-confederate-flags-/nm7JH/
Melissa Alford says videos show the aftermath of an ugly incident — a convoy of Confederate flag-bearing pickup trucks and their passengers interrupting a black child’s birthday party with threats and racial epithets.

Levi Bush, who was driving one of the trucks, says the videos show the unfortunate ending of an unintentional encounter — one triggered, in fact, by the people at that birthday party.

In one of the videos, Douglasville officers can be seen holding back a group of black men and women as at least seven pickup trucks drive off. The trucks’ white passengers wave as the Confederate, American and military flags mounted on the vehicles flap in the air.

“This is a child’s birthday party,” one woman in the crowd can be heard saying.

A second video shows the trucks gathered on a grassy area, and at least one racial slur can be heard. Alford, the woman hosting a family member’s birthday party, said the trucks drove by several times before parking in the field next to her house.

“One had a gun, saying he was gonna kill the [racial slur],” Alford told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Then one of them said gimme the gun, I’ll shoot them [racial slur].”

Bush, the leader of the caravan of trucks, told the AJC that his group is called “Protect the Flag” and is not a hateful one. They “drive around and sell flags,” he said, with all of the proceeds going to veterans or toward purchasing new American flags for those in need.

Bush said his group was leaving a nearby event when they drove by Alford’s home and the partygoers started yelling at the trucks in front of him. They then threw rocks at his vehicle, he said.

Bush said he fishtailed while trying to drive away, then ran over a median and got a flat tire. When he pulled into a nearby driveway, the partygoers swarmed and made threats, and his friends backed him up, he said.

“Basically about eight of us had to hold 15 to 20 of them back,” Bush said, admitting that a specific racial slur was likely used by members of his group.

Someone called 911 and police eventually arrived to separate the factions. Authorities said neither side claimed anything physical took place, and no injuries were reported. They are now reviewing videos to “see if any criminal activity occurred.”

“I don’t have a problem if that’s their culture,” Alford said. “… If they want to make a statement that these flags mean something to them, I’m OK with that. But you’ve got to do it right. You can’t go around just blatantly terrorizing people.”

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
At what point does this become terroristic?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I bet they were pumping this at full volume

84825f83235f84d61681620ca5b2c75f.jpg

& many more guys

I'm sure they were driving comfortably by the birthday party at 25 plus mph when the partygoers, who had been scoping out the street with binoculars and baskets full of rocks in case any white people came by, assailed them unprovoked. Only through elite driving skills was the first driver able to save his vehicle, as a Mad Max-esque troop of hooping crazies abandoned their children to finish him off before he could recover. Through the strength of God and guns, they were thankfully able to fight them off.

Such brave patriots.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
“Basically about eight of us had to hold 15 to 20 of them back,” Bush said, admitting that a specific racial slur was likely used by members of his group.

Well I for one blame the party people.

Dryk

“I don’t have a problem if that’s their culture,” Alford said. “… If they want to make a statement that these flags mean something to them, I’m OK with that. But you’ve got to do it right. You can’t go around just blatantly terrorizing people.”
Look at this fucker's revisionist history out at full force

with all of the proceeds going to veterans or toward purchasing new American flags for those in need.
Wut?

The more stories of this sort I hear the more I fear that a real race war is an inevitability. It's like that SC shooter is going to be vindicated.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
purchasing new American flags for those in need.

These men are truly doing God's work.

Also, it's entirely plausible that people attending a birthday party will cease all festivities in order to throw rocks at random passing vehicles.

Omega

Banned
who the fuck is just scoping out a street with rocks at the ready at a birthday party?

come on racists, think of something better.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
My group isn't hateful, I mean we call people niggers and stuff, but I mean were pretty good guys, go to church or whatever.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Funny how the 'Mericuhnservatives constantly lament "race baiting", but love groups like this going around specifically trying to rile people up.

do any of the videos back up the flag wavers' claims?

1) Drive by multiple times past an event catering to a black family
2) In a Confederate Flag selling truck.
3) Where the defendant claims it escalated to the point where they had to "hold 15-20 of them back".
4) Admits that his flag wavers shouted what we can assume is N_____.

Even if one of the party-goers did yell at the truck, they wanted a conflict.

Aaron

who the fuck is just scoping out a street with rocks at the ready at a birthday party?

come on racists, think of something better.
They hate people purely based on the color of their skin. They're too stupid to think of better reasons to hate someone. Do you think they're smart enough to come up with a convincing lie?

sphagnum

Banned
Even if the guys in the trucks were just driving around with Confederate flags and not purposefully instigating something, they still should have had rocks thrown at them.

_Ryo_

Their lie doesn't even make any sense. How'd they have rocks to throw at them before even knowing they'd arrive?

*sigh*

Feel like never going outside again.

akira28

Of course. The poor have the government and the Church to give them food and clothing, but who will give our needy citizens the American flags they need to live?

and if you're nice about it, they'll throw in a few Confederate flags, because they care.

danm999

Like the Spartans at Thermopylae, these proud racist shitheels in their freedom convoy held back many times their number in children's birthday party attendants.

/salute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom