• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/10-16| Gods(Beard) Among Us

banneroxjon.png

Week of August 10th to the 16th, 2015.

Stream Monster Headquarters is the number one location to live vicariously through our favorite fighting gamers. Watch as they push buttons for our amusement and fight each other over bread crumbs.

Here are some quick links:

header28oukk.png

All times Eastern

VanDammage 9.1: 8/13, 12pm - 8/16 4pm
Austrian fighting game tournament -- USF4/GG Xrd/UMVC3/3rd Strike
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/virtualdojovienna

NYGX: 8/14, 10am - 8/16, 11pm
Virtua Fighter event
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/nyc_vf

西日暮里バーサスカプエス配信50回記念大会: 8/15, 1am – 8/16, 7am
Japanese Capcom Vs SNK 2 event - 8/15: Singles -- 8/16: 3 on 3
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/game_versus[/QUOTE]

header1ypq6t.png

• OCT 6 Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
  • WINTER Rivals of Aether
  • MARCH Street Fighter V
  • TBD Beast's Fury
  • TBD BlazBlue: Central Fiction
  • TBD JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
  • TBD Next The King Of Fighters Title (tentative)
  • TBD Pokken Tournament
  • TBD Rising Thunder
  • TBD Tekken 7
  • TBD Tekken X Street Fighter
  • TBD Yatagarasu: Legend of Raven

header21yoe6.png

On GAF we have various members that stream fighting games from time to time too. If you would like to add your channel to this thread, send me a PM.

header4rjxsq.png

Often, some fighting games can seem intimidating to players new and old. Below are a bunch of resources that may be of aid to new players, or handy as references.

• How to play Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Universally recognized as the most fundamental of all fighting games, sometimes starting in the past is the best way to get a heads-up for the new generation of games.
  • Learn How To Play Fighting Games Free eBook from Shoryuken is a fantastic primer for new players to the genre.
  • Footsies Handbook is a guide to the potentially elusive, but integral part of doing well in any fighting game.
  • NeoGAF's Arcade Stick Thread is the place to go for questions about anything arcade stick-related.
  • Step Up Your Game is an editorial series by Justin Wong that covers a multitude of topics, notably focusing on strengthening your mental game and playing smarter instead of harder.
  • Tips for first time competitors will help you straighten out those nerves and expectations when you head out to your first tournament.
  • Domination 101 is almost a cult classic article in the FGC, which has Seth Killian telling us how he really feels about the idea of "cheapness" in fighting games.
  • Team-building Guide by our very own film lover-slash-cannibal Karsticles, which helps make it easier to approach team-building in MvC games, and games with similar synergistic elements.

header3uiqup.png

weeklygbc2u3j.png

notworksafe

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";174862236]I warned everyone that I wouldn't add anything productive ^_^[/QUOTE]

It fits perfectly

That "Weekly GB" made me laugh. Congrats on the responsibility, God's Beard. All the moaning and criticism means we actually like you, so it's okay.

I got really used to that FGC banner. It was cool how it was a character select cursor over popular games.

It's the first thing I noticed.

Also, I'm sure you know this but "smh" usually stands for "shaking my head."

16BitNova

I appreciate that you put your own spin on it. Not bad actually. But, you're missing the "Events" part showing which tournaments are going on this week. I really look forward to those.

rookiejet

I appreciate the humor, GB (Weekly GB is honestly gold which I'd love more of!), but I think OP general text should aim for informative (to laymen) rather than funny to members of FGW. Enzo's text was good, I think.

Edit: tbh, it's just the first intro line that's different, so not much of a complaint I guess lol

Top Bottom