• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Dance Disney Party 2 announced (Wii U, XB1, Wii, 360)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Looks like Ubisoft just announced another Just Dance title for this year (holiday 2015 release). This is in addition to Just Dance 2016.

Just Dance Disney Party 2. Doesn't look like this is releasing on Playstation platforms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TbiMTESqlQ

Lock if old.

Seems like the first Disney Party game released back in 2012 on Wii and 360 only.

stuminus3

Banned
I understand why they do it but I wish they wouldn't put so much music from their TV shows on these things. Nobody wants to dance to those. Give us more movie classics!

Ridley327

I think that Just Dance does the worst by far on Playstation, so that makes some sense in the decision to not bring out a spinoff.

VLiberty

I think those games only work with wiimotes/gamepad camera/kinect, so no PS editions it's probably due to the fact that they'd have to make those versions work only with PS4 camera or Move, which aren't as popular.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Good to see Ubisoft supporting WiiU with quality games.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I think those games only work with wiimotes/gamepad camera/kinect, so no PS editions it's probably due to the fact that they'd have to make those versions work only with PS4 camera or Move, which aren't as popular.

Although didn't they recently make it so that you can use your smartphone as a controller? Kind of interesting then.... The PS3/PS4 versions have always sold the worst, but I guess this kind of shows how badly they sold.

Ōkami

WiiU is getting 3 Just Dance games this year.

2016, Yokai Watch and this one.

And you guys said it doesn't get any third party support.

N.Domixis

Banned
Although didn't they recently make it so that you can use your smartphone as a controller? Kind of interesting then.... The PS3/PS4 versions have always sold the worst, but I guess this kind of shows how badly they sold.
We'll the franchise started on wii than to xbox so that's were most people play.

Dat Wii U third party support.

I don't understand the no Playstation thing. I guess at least they are lucky (or more likely unlikely) to at least have Just Dance 2016.

Boem

Wow, there's actually a Disney kids show called 'I didn't do it?'

The Simpsons once again predicted the future with their version of crappy, uninspired childrens television.

250px-I_Didn't_Do_It!_The_Bart_Simpson_Story.png

250px-I_Didn't_Do_It!_Volume_III.png

Zenner

Just Dance 2015 added smartphone movement tracking capabilities last year (and it's back again in JD2016, and still available for Just Dance Now) so if they really wanted to release a PS version, it's not a lack of camera options holding them back.

Are these spinoff Just Dance games any good, btw? I'm only familiar with the main ones, but I imagine the only real difference would be the music selection, really?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
theyre still gonna be releasing this stuff on wii after nx drops

Well when it sells so well on Wii, and not so much on other stuff, can you blame them? I remember in December 2013, it sold ~800K on Wii in the US alone. 400K+ in Dec 2014. No idea about this year or how the other versions stack up.

Is it really? This is expecting people to own Moves, which is pretty rare.

Just Dance still sells the most on Wii by far. I don't think the other systems sell all that many copies of Just Dance for them to continue these otherwise to be honest.

Isn't it also expecting people to own Kinects? Makes no sense.

I have the first game on Wii, and the best way to describe it is...surreal. It's strange to have choreography for a song like Bare Necessities. What I did like is that they used artwork from the films as their backdrop. Taking the Disney Channel route is probably a better option because they've got a lot more danceable music on those shows and movies.

Top Bottom