• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic FM At The Movies - Videogame Special, Sat 22nd August 17:00 BST

Missed the show? Listen again here!

(show should be archived until around 17:00 UK time on 29th Aug 2015)

(Presented by Andrew Collins)

Thanks to Lightning Count for spotting that it's that time again!

http://www.classicfm.com/radio/player/

In a Saturday Night at the Movies special on Saturday 22 August, Andrew Collins is playing your video game music requests.

Andrew received an overwhelming response after his last Saturday Night at the Movies show which featured music from video games. So, in response, Andrew is once again shining the spotlight on the genre. And this time you are in control because he's asked you to send in your suggestions.

2015 has been a great year so far for video games and their soundtracks. Perhaps you're hooked on Minecraft , or are completing the last few missions of The Witcher 3 . Or beguiled by Batman: Arkham Knight? Or perhaps you wanted to hear something more vintage to remind you of your wayward adolescence? Listen in to find out.

Read more at http://www.classicfm.com/radio/show...vourite-video-game-music/#76tpTGskEw74LejO.99

Here's a countdown for various people outwith the UK:

t1440259200z0.png

(NOTE: the countdown says 4pm GMT which equals 5pm BST which is when the show starts!)

If you have any trouble using Classic FM's player, try the Tune In radio app and search for Classic FM!

Show playlist:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Hyrule Field (Koji Kondo)
Shadow of the Colossus - Prologue (To The Ancient Land) (Kow Otani)
Shadow of the Colossus - The Opened Way (Kow Otani)
Journey - Apotheosis (Austin Wintory)
Bloodborne - The First Hunter (Tsukasa Saitoh)
Halo 2 (Anniversary Edition) - Kilindini Harbour (Martin O'Donnell/Michael Salvatori)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn (Jeremy Soule)
Panzer Dragoon Orta - Anu Orta Veniya (Saori Kobayashi)
Final Fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel (Nobuo Uematsu)
Vagrant Story - Credits/Staff Roll (Hitoshi Sakimoto)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - (Main Theme) (Hans Zimmer)
Rayman Legends - Babel Tower (Christophe Héral)
Ori and the Blind Forest - The Blinded Forest (Gareth Coker)
Diablo III - Leah's Theme (Russell Brower/Derek Duke/Glen Stafford)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Cruisin' For A Bruisin' (Greg Edmonson)
Bioshock - Cohen's Masterpiece (Garry Schyman)
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - Carry Me Back to Her Arms (Jessica Curry)
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - An Early Harvest (Jessica Curry)
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - Heavenly Flight (Koichi Sugiyama )
Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross - Medley (Yasunori Mitsuda)

DukeBobby

I love that they are doing this more often now.

Oh, and it starts right after the football finishes, too. Splendid.

DaiHard

Soumds interesting but I wont be able to listen live. Will this show be available for playback after its broadcast?

Shadow of the Colossus is fitting after The Last Guardian finally reemerged at E3. A shame that it'll be the last Team ICO title, at least with Ueda.

Gonna try and keep a running list of what songs have came up in the OP but you can get more detailed information about the arrangements on Classic FM's web site:

http://www.classicfm.com/radio/playlist/

[EDIT - Austin Wintory is great and his Journey score is double-great.]

jonno394

I hope someone has requested TLOU or Metroid related music, really in the mood for either of those (i could just go on youtube but still....lol)

The Last Of Us is a stalwart of these shows although not so much Metroid. The key is the availability of a good arrangement for the Classic FM team to draw from, although Metroid is getting better with the various touring shows of recent years.

[EDIT - Elder Scrolls: Skyrim now.]

GeeTeeCee

Does Classic FM offer a catch up/listen again service? I only ask because I missed the first half an hour (assuming it started at 5) due to an ill-advised midday nap...

Started listening with the track from Skyrim. A fine way to start.

Hey, did you go to any of the Dare to be Digital stuff last week? I couldn't make it (although cycled to Dundee from Glasgow the week before!)

[EDIT - Yep you can listen again shortly after the end of the show. The OP of this thread has the tracks you missed as well as the Classic FM site with more arrangement details and performer credits!

http://www.classicfm.com/radio/playlist/ ]

[EDIT 2 - Love the Aboriginal quality of this Orta piece that blends into the strings!]]

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Panzer Dragoon, YES!!!

This presenter knows what's up. What a superb choice. This man deserves a drink for putting this up.

Does Classic FM offer a catch up/listen again service? I only ask because I missed the first half an hour (assuming it started at 5) due to an ill-advised midday nap...

Started listening with the track from Skyrim. A fine way to start.

Yes they offer listen again, from memory I think it will be available from tomorrow.

Edit: looks like it will be available tonight, after the show.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Oooh, here come the complaints. Panzer Dragoon, from the Mega Drive era? BLASPHEMY!

Give the guy a break, he probably got it mixed with the Saturn since of how close they were with each other and has been years :p

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, just hearing this track again shows how much chops Sega had back in the music department. They had such legendary talent. They were the best compared to other publishers in my opinion and that's a bold claim to say!

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
One Winged Angel eh? Everytime this is requested and gets played. Never going to stop :p

Hendrixx

Neo Member
Hi everyone! Thanks for listening (made sure to get the NeoGAF shoutout in).

While it's too late for requests for this show, do email any to Andrew Collins via the site (on his presenter page there's a Contact Andrew form).

Plenty of good stuff to come ;)

mclem

To get serious for a moment, I'm curious if Andrew does have direct experience with the content; he's certainly phrasing the introductions as if he does, but I have to admit I don't recall actually ever hearing about him being a gamer.

Top Bottom