• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic FM At The Movies - Videogame Special, Sat 22nd August 17:00 BST

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Technically has to be a commercial release and orchestral :)

Excellent then the track I listed shouldn't be an issue as has released many times in Orchestral form and so fourth :)

I would love for others to hear that track who've never come across it before. It's up there with One Winged Angel back in the time for musical scores in the PS1 Era.

EDIT: Here's a link with more detail -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCdwCm81Wmc

From the Resident Evil Orchestra Album, played by the New Japan Philarmonic Orchestra

Wiki

Interesting, I think Grandia did have a soundtrack CD release at some point and it is orchestral.

Edit: I just checked, Grandia's soundtrack definitely did get a commercial release. If need be I'll buy a copy of the CD and loan it to the station for the show. That is how much I love this piece.

It seems King Records released it in the late 90's in Japan! I'll see if I can dig up more info that would aid a potential broadcast...

[EDIT - Twofive Records re-released it in Japan in 2009 (Christmas Day, no less!). It features on the Billboard Japanese chart database under catalogue number TRCD-10096 and ISBN/JAN: 4523858900965.]

Interesting, I think Grandia did have a soundtrack CD release at some point and it is orchestral.

Edit: I just checked, Grandia's soundtrack definitely did get a commercial release. If need be I'll buy a copy of the CD and loan it to the station for the show. That is how much I love this piece.
They'll have a commercial database that they have a licence for so it might have to appear amongst that. Bit beyond my knowledge though; I wouldn't know what catalogue to search for! (only familiar with royalty free catalogues)

We can source pieces :) Just need your request :D
There's definitely a recent release of The Grandia Theme. It's a two-disc set with the first orchestral arrangements and the second music directly from the game:

Twofive Records re-released it in Japan in 2009 (Christmas Day, no less!). It features on the Billboard Japanese chart database under catalogue number TRCD-10096 and ISBN/JAN: 4523858900965.

http://www.billboard-japan.com/goods/detail/7518

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/TRCD-10096

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
We can source pieces :) Just need your request :D

I would give you infinite hugs if you can get The Ultimate Bio-Weapon Medley" on this list big time. I would even have a nice buttered crumpet in celebration in Classic FMs favour ;)

EDIT: Thanks for all the hard work as well, the picks have been great!

Tenebrous

That's two of my fav's ya dissed buddy!!!!! ;)

Could you mention a couple of your favourites, so I can tell where you are coming from?

Hm... FF6/7 were Uematsu's best works, in my opinion. 10 wasn't bad, though. Shovel Knight had the best OST last year, and Ori has the best OST this year.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for the next one. I will be paying attention that's for sure to see what will be on next. Hope the Video Game Stuff does well for Classic FM. I am really curious what none video game player listeners think and if they ever sent any comments on what they thought about on the songs that have played on previous sessions. That would make an interesting read.

Top Bottom