• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones & Tales from the Borderlands for $10.50 (PC/Steam)

Lunaniem

DsL9yg9.png

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/bundle/telltalegames/

Humble Bundle is running a sale if you bundle 5 TellTale games together, you can get them for 85% off. Bundling them with the cheapest games (Poker Night/400 Days/Puzzle Agent) makes it under $11.

Dermee

Neo Member
Wow... I picked up Tales From the Borderlands last weekend during the weekend sale for ~$17. I just finished the first episode this morning and have 3 hours clocked in. I'm barely over the steam refund requirement. Would have been nice to get this for ~1/3 the price.

The game is awesome btw.

antitrop

Game of Thrones isn't worth your time.

Borderlands is amaaaaaaazing, and everyone should play it.

How is Telltale's Borderlands for someone with no interest in the other Borderlands games?

Perfectly fine. Only a passing knowledge of some of the most basic things in Borderlands lore is required, 5 minutes reading a wiki will do. It's its own story and doesn't have as much to do with the Borderlands games as you might think it would.

Same question but with Game of Thrones instead.

GoT is only for people who have seen every episode of the TV show and are desperate for more. It requires you to have seen at least the first 3 seasons of the show (or read book equivalent, obviously). Even if you've read the books, it's still based on the show, so it references the show mostly.

As a diehard fan of the TV show, I think it's terrible. It's really, really terrible.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Borderlands is a given, but the question is should I get Jurassic Park, TWD S2, or TWAU with it. Any suggestions?

Borderlands is a given, but the question is should I get Jurassic Park, TWD S2, or TWAU with it. Any suggestions?

TWD S2 is more of that, though overall people like it less than TWD S1. I really enjoyed both. The Walking Dead DLC 400 days is pointless, feel free to skip it entirely; it's like a paid demo with how irreverent it is.

Never played JP, but only heard bad things about it.

I didn't like TWAU at all, but some people genuinely adore it and think it's one of TellTale's best. It's got a fascinating premise and the story's OK, so I guess you can do worse than a TellTale fantasy-noir thriller.

PFD

How's Walking Dead Season 2?

TWAU is a must have if you haven't played it before. Amazing game

TWD S2 felt like an unnecessary continuation of the story to me. It was more of the same, and lacked the emotional impact of the first season.

Asgaro

Holy shit. BOMBA!

These 5 Telltale games were all in my wish list.
Haven't bought a game since end of 2014. Let's let the discipline slide for one second!

0DoweNg.png

Anyone who has an inkling like for Borderlands games or TellTale games buy Tales From The Borderlands already, damn it. Games of Thrones is...ok. It's one hell of a slow boil and who knows how it'll end at this point.

First to PM me will get a key for the other Tales of The Borderlands, I want the Steam one myself :)

Edit: That was fast, gone :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Today was a haul. Between the bundle (BTA) and now picking up Poker Night 2, Borderlands, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, and Poker Night 1 for 13.49.

Werd

Nice, they were both games I was looking to pick up at 75% off and wasn't sure that would even be this year. Even better.

So I redeemed the Steam keys, are the Telltale keys completely independent? I could theoretically just give them away?

Necrovex

I have waited for a sale for a while, I wasn't expecting to get either titles for a while, but I can't say no to $10.50. Perfect time with me having internet to boot. Thanks OP!

bebop242

I NEED this Borderlands sale on PS4 right now! Lol Was actually considering buying it for full price today, but this changes that.

Reallink

I will never play any of these games but I bought 5 for $16, I need help.

P.S. Why does the Codemaster's bundle not work? It seems to be applying the percentage off to the full retail prices, not the listed sale prices like the TT Bundle does.

kamspy

Or

Wolf Among Us
Game of Thrones
Tales from the Borderlands
2 junky poker games

for $13.49

Made my GF really happy.

Top Bottom