• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces $399 1TB XB1 bundle with Fallout 4 (Inc DL for Fallout 3)

ZhugeEX

Banned
Microsoft have announced 24235 bundles this week and today they announce their final one.

The bundle is called the Xbox One Fallout 4 Bundle, and it features a Black Xbox One with a 1TB hard drive, the critically-acclaimed Fallout 4 (Physical), and a full-game download of Fallout 3. Experience the next generation of open-world gaming from Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Play and store more games than ever, including Fallout 3 and other Xbox 360 games, with the 1TB hard drive and Xbox One Backward Compatibility. And don’t forget, Fallout 4 players will be able to play PC mods free, first on Xbox One.

The Xbox One Fallout 4 Bundle will be available in November for $399 USD. Check with your local retailer, including Microsoft stores, for details today. The bundle will be available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, U.S., Saudi Arabia, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates.

xboxone_1tbconsole_fallout4_large%20tile.png

That means that Microsoft now has a huge variety of bundles for this holiday.

$499 - Kinect bundle
$499 - LE Halo 5 bundle
$449 - LE Forza 5 bundle
$399 - Tomb Raider bundle
$399 - Gears of War, Rare Replay and Ori bundle
$399 - Fallout 4 bundle
$349 - Gears of War bundle
$349 - Lego Movie bundle

RIP Tomb Raider.

Chris1

That's all? Figured there'd be another game, FO3 doesn't really count since everyone was getting it anyways lol

RIP Tomb Raider

rhino4evr

After all this. I think they really only needed 2 , maybe 3 bundles.

Tomb raider bundle
Fall out bundle
Lego bundle (for families)

The rest are pointless.

MiTYH

GOOOOOD! I was worried this wouldnt be announced at all. But since I'm gunning for a PS4, now that this is a possibility for bundles, PS4 just needs to follow suit and I'm set this xmas.

Purest 78

Looks like MS didn't learn their lesson at the $400 price point. Holidays people are gonna be looking at price not storage.

Elandyll

Banned
I didn't think that Bethesda was going to go for that, but obviously I was wrong.

Still don't see the interest for them #shrug

Imo, at $399 ($349 after the likely price cut), it won't be as big of an attractor on a non exclusive third party as ACU was, specifically if Sony does their own (expected) price cut.

Also, can't believe they screwed Square that bad (it lauches on the same day as TR2, which has no wide appeal bundle at $399 as well, but on top is limited to MS stores and BB).

AP90

The fallout series is widely known.. I'm sure it wont have any problem selling boat loads....maybe the console bundle will do well in Europe?

I mean there gameplay mechanics, combat and dialogue have been spot on since Fallout 3 and new vegas. Not to mention good old radio/music throughout the wasteland has been stellar as well.

MiTYH

Fallout 4 reviews apparently are already out, quick, someone make a thread !

There will be no bundle from Sony, but retailers might do one.

What makes you say no bundles for PS4? Wasn't there just a Destiny one up on Amazon?

Oh, I see your point. Still, really?

rhino4evr

When Sony does a 3rd party bundle they make a custom skinned console with a custom controller.

When Xbox does a 3rd party bundle...

poodaddy

Play PC mods first on Xbox One? That would make them Xbox one mods. I understand what you meant OP, just being a shit. On another note this is a great deal, and it almost makes me regret going for the special edition of Fallout 4......but I needed that Pip Boy man.

I didn't think that Bethesda was going to go for that, but obviously I was wrong.

Still don't see the interest for them #shrug

Imo, at $399 ($349 after the likely price cut), it won't be as big of an attractor on a non exclusive third party as ACU was, specifically if Sony does their own (expected) price cut.

Also, can't believe they screwed Square that bad (it lauches on the same day as TR2, which has no wide appeal bundle at $399 as well, but on top is limited to MS stores and BB).

MS is publishing....not square

Top Bottom