• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haikyuu!! Second Season |OT| The flightless crows take to the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
ni9mMLB.png

Second season of an excellent sports anime that aired last year.

Started today, October 3rd

Streaming Here

(this is not optimized for darkgaf)

Synopsis
After losing against Aoba Jousai, the whole Karasuno team feels at a loss. Especially Kageyama and Hinata, who seem to be the most devastated about the defeat. However, the team soon cheers up when a chance for them to go to Tokyo appears. During their training camp there, Karasuno will meet new formidable opponents.

Main Characters

latest

HInata Shoyo
The main protagonist of the Haikyuu!! series. He is a first year student at Karasuno High School, and is one of the team's middle blockers.
latest

Tobio Kageyama
A first year at Karasuno High School; he is the regular setter of the Karasuno High Volleyball Club.
gQ9pt4h.png

Daichi Sawamura
A third year at Karasuno High School; he is the captain of the Karasuno High volleyball club, holding the position of wing spiker.
latest

Asahi Azumane
A 3rd year student in Class 3 from Karasuno High; he is one of the boys' volleyball club's wing spikers and its ace.
latest

Yū Nishinoya
A 2nd year student at Karasuno High School. He serves as the libero for his school's volleyball team, and is regarded by his teammates as "Karasuno's Guardian Deity".
latest

Kei Tsukishima
A first year at Karasuno High School; he is a middle blocker in the Karasuno High Volleyball Club.
latest

Tadashi Yamaguchi
A member of the Karasuno High Volleyball Club. He plays the role of pinch server in the team.
pYzSTl6.png

Ryūnosuke Tanaka
A 2nd year student at Karasuno Highschool; he is a wing spiker of the Karasuno High Boy's Volleyball Club.
vMazcIn.png

Kōshi Sugawara
A third year at Karasuno High School; he is a setter in the Karasuno High Boys' Volleyball Club.

Impressions
Haikyuu S2 - 01

This is super fucking good, OMG everyone should watch it NOW!
I mean it, all the energy from S1.. some insane sakuga cut, and final 4 minute is HOT Faiyah. Sport show need more shit talking between competitor.

Damn what a season opener.
Haikyuu Season 2 01

Finally, really enjoyed the 1st season and they didn't spend anytime loafing around on the first ep here. Good stuff and looking forward to next ep's

[Haikyuu!! S2] - 01

Strong! Too strong! So much energy.
Best first episode of the season so far, the sakuga cut, the trash talk, and at the end when they cut the music, so good!
I liked the way the eyecatches were changed.

Great first episode that brought us back with our favorite volleyball team's determination and silly antics. Hinata stole this episode by grabbing that ball and saying he was from the concrete with this badass look.
C5XqDyN.png
Super excited for the practice between teams!

Haikyuu S2-1

Perfection. Absolute perfection.

I don't think many people are going to post here, but I really love the series so I felt like making this anyway.

If you haven't heard of this series, I really recommend you watch the first season, it's genuinely fantastic.

63535a2626dc1ffd4e6bd701dcf05f531411026283_full.gif

CQai_FTWoAA-FZf.png
CQajANtWgAA3KRX.png

I like the OP images, Yaku and Lev in it, but not really that much fan of the song. The ed song and images are great, Yachi got such an exciting scene in it.

Awesome episode with the intense volleyball and comedy action. Tsukki still best Karasuno and his hit is always my favorite to see. Especially Tsukikage banter. Will Kageyama ever not fall for it?

Ushiwaka getting much screen time, awesome. I need an Ushiwaka v Oikawa rematch, though ultimately a Shiratorizawa v Karasuno animated. S3 when.

Best moment
CQalYe2WgAAJLjP.png

[Haikyuu!! S2] - 01

Strong! Too strong! So much energy.
Best first episode of the season so far, the sakuga cut, the trash talk, the comedy( Hinata and Kageyama lost in the campus, lol) and at the end when they cut the music, so good!
I liked the way the eyecatches were changed.

bronk

Banned
Is the second season showing on Crunchyroll? This show is fantastic. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for posting this.

Absolutely loved the first season. I've been waiting for this! Can't wait to see what challenges await our heroes.

Do I need to watch the first season or can I just jump in with this one?

If you want to watch the second season, you also want to watch the first season even if you don't know it until now, as the characters, style, pace, animation, direction, tension, etc is all the same. So no reason to skip it.

Just last night I remembered this series and was wondering when season 2 would come around.
The universe has listened. Thank you, Universe.

Wiseblade

This was a pleasant surprise for me this morning on Crunchyroll. It comes along at the perfect time as Baby Steps season 2 just ended and I needed something to justify my subscription.

And it's still so pretty!

Moaradin

I'm rewatching Season 1 before I watch the first episode of season 2, and I forgot how good this show looks. Every episode looks good and the animation is solid to great throughout.

Hope season 2 keeps that standard.

duckroll

Episode 1

Amazing start to the new season. The way the show manages to build up the atmosphere of excitement is really impressive. Even though it was just reintroductions and a training match between team mates, the difference in how they all interact compared to the start of the first season really shows how the entire team has grown. I love the first season and this new season looks to be every bit as good if not better. <3

duckroll

I also want to note that I really like the ED. Shiotani should stick to directing OPs and EDs because he's really good at it and has a great eye for alternative visuals, instead of wasting his time trying to direct actual series and films like Psycho-Pass. :p

Yonafunu

Been wondering if we would get the OT. Great first episode and it's soo good to have Haikyuu back.

I really really really can't wait till the anime gets where the manga is right now, it's fucking incredible.

edit: Let's hope this OT stays active a little while longer than last season's

xezuru

Diggin the second season, to me this series builds the hype and tension in a great way, insane visual style specifically on hinata kaioken scenes, but keeps it grounded enough that we aren't having gurren lagann chaos dunks and shots the kill all the dinosaurs.

For those who are interested, there's a side OVA out following Nekoma between seasons.

Puruzi

Banned
Diggin the second season, to me this series builds the hype and tension in a great way, insane visual style specifically on hinata kaioken scenes, but keeps it grounded enough that we aren't having gurren lagann chaos dunks and shots the kill all the dinosaurs.

For those who are interested, there's a side OVA out following Nekoma between seasons.

what

CQ-rfVzXAAE45tC.png

Second season is perfect full Karasuno finally with Yachi Kiyoko and even one more member of Karasuno finally having spoken lines. Animated Yachi is great and adds such a nice additionally element to the team. I cant wait for a few more moments animated.

TsukiKage TsukiHina moments were the most hilarious (Stingyshima) along with Nishinoya's time. I need more than an episode a week.
CQ-oGdFWgAE4au3.png

Phatmac

Oh god this show is just the best. It can have so many funny moments off the court and still remain entertaining. It may not be artistic or original but it's probably the most fun I'm having with a show this season. New girl Yachi seems great already by being cute with Hinata. I'm not hoping for romance but they seem cute together already. Hoping for some matches soon. Yachi's so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom