• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haikyuu!! Second Season |OT| The flightless crows take to the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
Haikyuu S2 2
eQFbIk5.jpg
I agree with this.
Episode was great, comedy was on point and Yachi a cute. Tanaka's sis a best though.

Wiseblade

Episode 2

Shimizu speaks more in this episode than the rest of the series combined. I remember really liking the new girl in the manga and she takes over the role of exposition recipient, freeing Hinata from always playing the fool.

I'm still wondering where this season is going to cut off. There aren't any good stopping points that I can think of coming soon.

Dahbomb

LTTP on 2nd season but that staredown at the end of episode 1 was OD!

Also LMAO @ the Prince of Tennis video clip. I somehow forgot about that scene.

duckroll

Episode 2

Watched this yesterday. It was really, really good. Great animation and amazing character expressions. They introduced an interesting new character, there was a lot of humor, and the faces were the best. When Haikyu gets good, it gets really fucking good. Also, I think this episode might hold the record for the most lines from female characters in the series ever. We even got guest appearances from two of their sisters! Maybe if they continue with this plotline, it'll balance out the extreme sausage-fest the series has been. :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Continues to be excellent.
I'm glad I don't remember that much from the manga chapters I read after S1.

Oh sick we have a thread on this show?
Episode 2

Watched this yesterday. It was really, really good. Great animation and amazing character expressions. They introduced an interesting new character, there was a lot of humor, and the faces were the best. When Haikyu gets good, it gets really fucking good. Also, I think this episode might hold the record for the most lines from female characters in the series ever. We even got guest appearances from two of their sisters! Maybe if they continue with this plotline, it'll balance out the extreme sausage-fest the series has been. :)
Really agree on the faces, I'm constantly cracking up over them.

And yeah I was noticing how Kiyoko was suddenly talking so much when she barely had any lines last season(the players mentioned this too), I guess it's now time to flesh out her character now that they've already fleshed out all the players. Also you can't be all that surprised that it's a sausage fest, most sports anime shows are.

I think Kuroko had 3 females total.

tumblr_nwdq3ybdFx1raedrao1_540.gif

No wonder most fans couldnt remember the game against the team, that wasnt even five minutes I bet. Oh well at least we got good pregame scenes, and a great changing scene (best Hinata) and also my favorite Townsperson B scene in the manga. Kageyama was so good in it.
CRisH_nW0AEyFIG.png

but next week, finally Fukurodani and Nekoma, so ready to see Bokuto!

Puruzi

Banned
Haikyuu S2 3

Another great episode. Hinata and Yachi's interactions are so adorable. Scene with her mom made me smile. Looks like we finally in Tokyo next episode, wondering what's up with that black haired dude in the preview

duckroll

Somehow, against all odds, this season is even BETTER than the last season. Episode 3 was amazing, and it looks like the increased involvement of female characters in the story is not a one off thing. They're going all in. It's working out really well and the new dynamics really makes what was a great show even better.

Wiseblade

it looks like the increased involvement of female characters in the story is not a one off thing. They're going all in.
iblmEf4pc7ODJn.gif

IIRC, while Shimizu never reverts back to S1 levels, the past two episodes are the most she ever speaks. Yachi does a bit better, largely because she becomes the vehicle for exposition.

Phatmac

Feel asleep randomly last night so here are my late ass impressions of anime! The SoL segments continue to be great with this wonderful cast of characters. It's still mixed in with some impressive action that inspired Yachi to become the manager despite being a Townperson B in acting class aka someone normal with no real talents like the team. I wish the main conflict wasn't so easily solved but I guess they really want the story to finally move to Tokyo which is fine. I know this isn't a love story but Hinata and Yachi are great together. They probably won't get together as it'll create needless drama in the club but they're just so cute together that it's a shame it won't happen. Great episode overall and am hoping for an actual match next week.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The adaption is so nice. This is about where I start becoming blurry so I'm in a treat if the exposition is this good without volleyball.

I loved hearing Bokuto and Akaashi finally both voices are perfect. Bokuto's chuckle laugh thingy is his best aspect and Akaashi is good.

Favorite moment was easily Inouka, Hinata, and Kenma in the room talking and such, and Yaku walking in with a tear in his eye cause Kenma is all social now. Hinata Kenma best friend (and lol at him saying how good Hinata was to Lev).

Also Yachi poster turned out well.

Phatmac

God, this show is just the best. Tons of small funny moments mixed in with introducing a new giant called Levi. Man was that guy HUGE. Hoping for an actual volleyball match soon. Gotta say Saeko-neesan was pretty great/hot this episode plus she saved the game with her driving skills.

blakep267

Doesn't levs height only come out to 6'4? Wouldn't Asahi or the glasses kid be somewhat comparable in size to him? Shoya seemed shocked for some reason

Doesn't levs height only come out to 6'4? Wouldn't Asahi or the glasses kid be somewhat comparable in size to him? Shoya seemed shocked for some reason

Lev is taller than Tsukki and Asahi though. Lev would be the tallest person Hinata met (2nd would have been Aone, who is 2cm taller than Karasuno's tallest (Tsukki)).

duckroll

Episode 4

Loving the new character, glad Nekoma is back into the story. I'm constantly surprised that this show manages to introduce characters who are self-centered, egoistic, hyper competitive, but yet NOT assholes. The conversation between Lev and Hinata is a great example of that. You feel that these are very much real kids who are just very competitive and confident, but there's nothing personally vindictive in their mentality. It's the best sort of sports storytelling for me. No unnecessary drama off the court.

Also really shocked at how the new season continues to have more and more speaking roles for the female characters. I think even the crazy sister had more lines this week than Shimizu did in all of season 1, even though she just had a bit role! Lol.

Makikou

Episode 4

Well that was another good episode. Lot's of questions raised and Hinata is growing as a player. Looking forward to ep5, maybe we will get hints of some answers or seeing an evolution starting

I wish we did get two episodes today, cause I wanna get to the next training camp already.

Fukurodani match was too short, but at least we had excited Bokuto. Nekoma was good with the Lev thing going on and him looking so happy at that Yaku getting the ball in that quick scene.

Wiseblade

Haikyuu Season 2 starts here! It's from this point on that the manga kicked into high gear for and the actual training starts happening in this arc.

The argument between Hinata and Kageyama was handled well, the adaptation is on a perfect run on getting the feel of important scenes right.

Phatmac

So much tension in this episode between Hinata and the rest of the team. The moment Hinata tried to usurp the ace during the match was a surprise moment which began the battle of evolution or stability for the team. Both sides have their points but I'm with Hinata on this as the quick play can't be relied on anymore as it's been countered too many times. The fight scene between Hinata and Kageyama was so sad consider how strong their friendship has been from this point on. Hearing Yachi try and break up the fight with her weak pleas for help was so sad. Hopefully they make up soon as I hate seeing the ace duo fight so seriously. This so is just so amazing. Blows everything out of the water.
Don't wanna see my girl ever cry again. ;__;

King Kageyama reared it's ugly head, thinking that he could do it all and his placement of the ball could beat any blocker... I think Hinata is right, the rest of the team is just scared...

shira

Haikyuu Season 2 starts here! It's from this point on that the manga kicked into high gear for and the actual training starts happening in this arc.

The argument between Hinata and Kageyama was handled well, the adaptation is on a perfect run on getting the feel of important scenes right.

hyped!

Will watch later

Puruzi

Banned
Haikyuu S2 5

Actually an excellent episode. I don't like seeing those two fight, and I really don't like Yachi crying. The whole team is too scared, Hinata is right.

blakep267

King Kageyama reared it's ugly head, thinking that he could do it all and his placement of the ball could beat any blocker... I think Hinata is right, the rest of the team is just scared...
Yeah. Like you'd think kageyama would've learned by now that that attitude doesn't work

I'm also suprised that the coach hadn't already tried to figure out s way to grow hinatas repertoire. Like if this was college or the pros, I'd understand but this is high school where you'd think they would be honing their skills instead of relying on the same thing

Wiseblade

They have a point though. The Freak Quick operates at such a high speed that the idea of deciding a course at the peak pf the jump sound impossible. And Hinata has room to improve in essentially every other aspect of his game before scrapping an attack that still works as intended because it won't make him the Ace.

duckroll

Episode 5

Damn this season gets better and better. There was a lot of nice development in the first half of the episode, but when it culminates into the fight between Kageyama and Hinata, the direction and animation really ramped up big time. Really fluid movements and it captured the intense mood perfectly.

Jarmel

Banned
They have a point though. The Freak Quick operates at such a high speed that the idea of deciding a course at the peak pf the jump sound impossible. And Hinata has room to improve in essentially every other aspect of his game before scrapping an attack that still works as intended because it won't make him the Ace.

They're getting their ass beat even with the quick attack, which teams are starting to block and counter anyway. It's a dead end.

If they were winning, it might make sense but as it stands Hinata is clearly right on this.

Wiseblade

They're getting their ass beat even with the quick attack, which teams are starting to block and counter anyway. It's a dead end.

If they were winning, it might make sense but as it stands Hinatat is clearly right on this.
That's true, but it was never supposed to be some unstoppable attack. It was only supposed to be a flashy technique that drew the opposing team's attention,making Karasuno's other attacks more likely to succeed. Which it can still do if teams are eventually able to adjust. Why is improving a distraction more important than building better fundamentals?

If they were winning, it might make sense but as it stands Hinatat is clearly right on this.

The quick needs to evolve, an inexperience rookie who had to ask what a normal quick is, was able to block the play...

fertygo

If they were winning, it might make sense but as it stands Hinata is clearly right on this.

Yeah but its supposed to be their side weapon, I think the whole argument is about "man, you making big fuss for our 3rd spiker"

CTPAVYxWwAAt5B-.png

Tempo practice was fantastic, especially the parts with Hinata and the junior high students commenting. Onward to Tokyo again. I was waiting so much for this to be animated.

CTPEIiaWEAAmele.png
CTPEIi_XAAEty-f.png

Phatmac

Solid training episode with Hinata trying to get better by not relying on his amazing setter. Surprised by the lack of tension since last episode got heated in the end but I'm glad it tried to laugh it off. Nothing much besides training in order to evolve. Best part was Kageyama begging for Tooru'd help.

Puruzi

Banned

Still remains great. Oikawa continues to be a shit, everyone trying to get better was really nice, Yachi's huge smile made my heart stop omg, Chibisuke and Kageyama being so cold is ugh tho, they need to patch it up.

Also, I will be calling Hinata Chibisuke from this point forward.

Wonder what's going to happen to Tsukki, he clearly doesn't give a shit about improving and will get left behind, he'll either have to grow as a character or enjoy his bench spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom