• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haikyuu!! Second Season |OT| The flightless crows take to the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
So mad, having to use other means to watch the episodes. Crunchyroll is being absolute trash on my ps4 lately. Constant freezes and buffering. While the website I use has better quality and has not a single issue on my ps4

Edit omg lol heartbrake hill race!!!

Puruzi

Banned
MCFm9VB.jpg
qJakp4f.jpg

Nother good ep. Looks like Tsukki is gonna get some good development. That one shot when he was leaving looked like someone was suffering hardcore. Hope he becomes less of a shit

Puruzi

Banned
xrsJi7x.jpg

Oya Oya Oya

Tsukki used to not be a shit, but seeing how he turned out that way was a little sad. He looked a little like a skeleton when he almost blocked Bokuto lmao

Really nice episode, enjoyed it.

fertygo

They handle Tsukki's flashback ending in pretty cool way, its like perfect anti-climax in almost comedic way with zoom out from frame and Tsukki oneliner, they really hammer that message "how fucking lame" that Tsukki feeling more just overdramatic scene, he really feel embarrassed by his bro than anything else.

hogyaaaaa i love haikyuu :D

Im up to epi 7

but im reading the manga too so im kinda ahead .____.

kageyama and oikawa and hinata and sugawara are my favourites

and yachi :>

duckroll

Finally caught up on episode 6-8. I really love the character work in this show. I've been thinking for a long time now that Tsukishima could be an interesting character if they spent a bit more time on him, especially given how Daichi has been practicing on his own too, and they joined the club at the same time as Hinata and Kageyama. While his backstory isn't really anything that special, the way it was presented felt really natural and I really like how in the end his personality wasn't really played out as a character flaw so much as just a quirk of how he expresses himself.

He might have baggage and insecurity, but those aren't really excuses for how he seems cold and distant at times, it's just how he is and he doesn't mean anything bad by it. Seeing how honest he can be with others and himself while maintaining that "cool' front really makes him that much more complex a character imo. It makes him feel more like a real person rather than just a character. I think it was really important to show that even before he saw his brother's failure, he was always this kinda quiet but "cool" guy who can seem annoying.

Also, the music is sooooooo fucking good. <3

No, all Karasuno does is lose
cm-vi3.gif

Probably.
I hate shows in which the protagonist(s) only win(s) but this show does the exact opposite, gets you real hungry for a win.

At the very least we'll probably see that new quick. I hope they show the entire set, I need a legit game in my veins.

duckroll

Episode 9

BBQ! BBQ! BBQ! It's amusing how easily motivated they are. :p

This has been one pretty long training arc, but like with all things Haikyu, it's really satisfying to watch, and when it starts to come together you really feel that sense of achievement the team is feeling. What a great show.

Puruzi

Banned
9 & 10

How can one show be so absurdly based

New quick was cool as shit, and it was great seeing everything they kept fucking up at finally work.

duckroll

Episode 10

Goddamn. What a match. Even though it's just a practice match, it was so exciting it just flew by. Great to see all the individual things they've been trying at finally working together. They ended the episode at the worst possible moment though. I was all pumped up to see the end of the match and BAM... credits. Lol.

Best sports anime. The animation is perfect, the characters are all really well done and developed, the actual sports parts are fun and aren't a shounen fight manga with balls.

5 episodes behind on S2, need to catch up ASAP.

From some tertiary reading, Tsuki isn't a little whinging bitch anymore? I can't see that.

duckroll

From some tertiary reading, Tsuki isn't a little whinging bitch anymore? I can't see that.

Oh he is. But that's just who he is. :)

They present more context to show what sort of person he is behind how he presents himself though, without excusing his bad habits. It was good stuff.

tumblr_nywy9dvNjk1qcdshuo4_250.gif

Great episode, could have used more Tsukki really, but otherwise awesome, Dump Shot and Feint were my favorite moments, I always love those types of things more than the oddball quick.

tumblr_nyx1f5bu8t1tkeasbo2_540.jpg

Kenma was so happy for Hinata, then when it cut away to Kenma arguing with Kuroo about how excited he was looking, best minor moment. Ill miss Nekoma.

Puruzi

Banned
Holy shit I was in tears when they did the circle thing with those faces oh my god

Funniest thing i've seen in a long while

Looks like we're finally done with the training arc, hyped to see what's next

Ah nice to see they set a lot of stuff up(the top 3 players) and the end of the episode did some more setting up. Hoping that it's non-stop official matches from now on, should be good.

Also, probably a new OP next week.

duckroll

Episode 11

Not quite as outstanding as the last few episodes, but still a good one. It's nice to see the training arc wind down, and one thing I appreciate about the show is how it doesn't give the "hero" team cheap easy wins just for the sake of feeling good about themselves. They could easily have won the final game just to create a feeling of them "succeeding" after all that hard work, but it feels much more realistic for them to still not be strong enough compared to more experienced teams. The feeling of progress even in defeat is something I really like about this series. The end of the first season was very much the same way. It just means that when they eventually do get good enough to start winning significant matches, it will be that much more satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom