• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront Season Pass, Cargo, Droid Run, and Hero Hunt Details.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...-battlefront-season-pass-and-ultimate-edition

A season pass covering four future expansions (in addition to the free Jakku) has been announced. $50.

DICE Season Passes are pretty much the only ones that are worth it. The BF4 season pass, for example, added:

20 new maps
Over 20 new weapons
Over 10 new vehicles
New game modes
New gadgets

It basically doubles the actual game's content (actually, most BF games have around 10-12 maps, so the total map count is effectively tripled). BF4 Premium is actually STILL paying off, too--there is a retro map being added, a few night maps, and a map that the community helped build.

I'm not saying this Season Pass is worth it, but going by DICE's track record, I would hold off on jumping down their throat. They've been great about post-launch content.

It's also weird to see people acting like this is *definitely* worse than Halo and Destiny's model, which we haven't even experienced yet. Did no one buy Battlefield 2/2142 booster and expansion packs?

See here for multiplayer mode details.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1123306

!!! These following modes are in the base game. !!! Not in the season pass.

Cargo is CTF. Hero Hunt is 1v7 mode where one person is a hero and the rest out to kill him. Droid Run is about securing three Gonk Droids.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/hero-hunt-beat-or-become-the-legends-of-star-wars

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...wars-battlefront-twist-on-a-classic-game-mode

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/go-on-a-droid-run-in-star-wars-battlefront

Also a Heroes vs. Villains mode.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/features/game-modes

Shocking.

I probably won't get it, just like the Battlefield games but I'm enjoying Battlefront more than Battlefield so who knows? :p

BokehKing

Banned
Idk....seems odd after Destiny and Halo dropped season passes

COD will probably have a season pass too so battlefront won't feel alone

Toa TAK

Banned
It's on the Xbox store as well.

$50.

I think I'll wait a bit before picking it up. It's an expensive gaming holiday this year for me.

Really happy about HvV.

thenexus6

I picked up bot Battlfield 3 and 4 premium over a year after launch of the game once it goes on sale. Will probably do the same here.

$50
wgy9JI1.gif

border

$50 haha.

I wonder what the first $60 Season Pass will be? Who will have the audacity to charge the price of a full game for expansion content?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
The burger is $60, the toppings are $50.

As cool as the modes may be, this is a turn off. I guess I'll wait a while to get this.

Disgusting. None of those modes even sound good.

Also, is the game only launching with those maps/modes that show up on the unavailable list in the beta? That'll be laughable.

npa189

As someone who did get a ton of value out of BF premium on 3 and 4 I might wait on this one. I'm still day one for the base game but premium went on sale quite a few times before BF4 was even DLC complete.

$50 season pass. lol.

$110 game and it still doesn't have nearly as much in it as Battlefront 2 from 2006. Graphics first gamers gotta pay that premium, I guess.

The Lamp

As someone who doesn't play battlefield or keep up with this, this is absolutely shocking to me. Have we really reached a point in video games where we are okay with a company nonchalantly releasing a $60 game to meet sales deadlines and then releasing the full total content later for an extra $50? Holy shit.

B4s5C

Well this just confirms I will be waiting a few months to pick up the game for at least $30. Then I can play that for a few months and pick up the season pass for $30.

bombshell

For a second I thought those 3 modes would not be in the main game, but in the season pass. Thread is a little confusing.

Syncytia

Looking forward to the game. Won't get premium until it goes on sale though.. it's taken what, two years after BF3/4 to get the base game + premium for $60? Can't remember if premium has ever been on sale during the first year for those games.

Must. Not. Double. Dip. On. Premium. . . . Again.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The burger is $60, the toppings are $50.

As cool as the modes may be, this is a turn off. I guess I'll wait a while to get this.

Canadians in Ontario will have to pay $90 for the base game, on top of whatever the season pass will be here. Unbelievable.

GeeTeeCee

I'm onboard with Battlefront, but just nope at that season pass price.

Personally, I've yet to see a season pass priced more than £20 which has lived up to that price (and frankly, a few sub-£20 that took the piss too).

Edit: fwiw I only bought BF4 Premium long after it went on sale.

Boke1879

As someone who doesn't play battlefield or keep up with this, this is absolutely shocking to me. Have we really reached a point in video games where we are okay with a company nonchalantly releasing a $60 game to meet sales deadlines and then releasing the full total content later for an extra $50? Holy shit.

It's a season pass. BF4 did the exact same thing and the content was very worth it imo.

Again. You don't have to buy this.

All I ask is that DLC contains the same content in BF and I'm all good. I'll probably wait to see what the first DLC pack is before I think about buying this though.

A lot of people seem really surprised by this.

It's the standard DLC/Battlefield pricing model as I recall. That map packs are usually pretty good. Should wait for details though. It's no different than the COD one. If you plan on playing the game regularly the value should be there. You need to know what you're getting into though.

Euron

I would assume it would be similar to Battlefield Premium but just to be safe I'd recommend holding off until the first DLC is unveiled and you know what you're getting into. I'll probably hold off on buying unless the DLC is really outstanding since I want more devs to get rid of paid maps like 343.

$120 for the ultimate edition? But... $60 for the game and $50 for the season pass makes $110. What the hell EA?

Even Activision is better than that, the Black Ops 3 deluxe edition with game and season pass is only $100.

Zabuza

Banned
Wow, $50. That's overdoing it.

If they're expecting the game to sell 12 million copies couldn't they have spent more coin getting some additional content in a game that already has NO single player campaign. Jesus Christ, over $100 to get more multiplayer modes and maps.

The base game won't be remotely worth it, will wait for complete edition (which won't be 100% complete).

AppleMIX

Why is everyone shocked at a 50 dollar seasons pass?

Battlefield 3 had a 50 dollar pass
Battlefield 4 had a 50 dollar pass
Hardline had a 50 dollar pass

This isn't anything new.

Top Bottom