• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront Season Pass, Cargo, Droid Run, and Hero Hunt Details.

Idk....seems odd after Destiny and Halo dropped season passes

COD will probably have a season pass too so battlefront won't feel alone

Wait.. the game is $60. The season pass is $50? What.

$110 for game and added content. Good god, y'all.

DICE Season Passes are pretty much the only ones that are worth it. The BF4 season pass, for example, added:

20 new maps
Over 20 new weapons
Over 10 new vehicles
New game modes
New gadgets

It basically doubles the actual game's content (actually, most BF games have around 10-12 maps, so the total map count is effectively tripled). BF4 Premium is actually STILL paying off, too--there is a retro map being added, a few night maps, and a map that the community helped build.

I'm not saying this Season Pass is worth it, but going by DICE's track record, I would hold off on jumping down their throat. They've been great about post-launch content.

It's also weird to see people acting like this is *definitely* worse than Halo and Destiny's model, which we haven't even experienced yet. Did no one buy Battlefield 2/2142 booster and expansion packs?

border

Are people really shocked about this being $50? It was $50 for BF4 and IMO it was worth it.

Why is everyone shocked at a 50 dollar seasons pass?

Battlefield 3 had a 50 dollar pass
Battlefield 4 had a 50 dollar pass
Hardline had a 50 dollar pass

This isn't anything new.

A lot of people following this game don't play play Battlefield......or most multiplayer FPS titles. The Star Wars license comes with a fanbase that is not used to this sort of nonsense.

schaft0620

I wonder if there is going to be a physical of the Ultimate Edition, they hooked me in with that first batch of free DLC now I am not sure how I feel about $50 of DLC.

DICE Season Passes are pretty much the only ones that are worth it. The BF4 season pass, for example, added:

20 new maps
Over 20 new weapons
Over 10 new vehicles
New game modes
New gadgets

BF4 Premium is actually STILL paying off--there is a retro map being added, a few night maps, and a map that the community helped build.

It basically doubles the actual game's content (actually, most BF games have around 10-12 maps, so the total map count is effectively tripled).

I'm not saying this Season Pass is worth it, but going by DICE's track record, I would hold off to jump down their throat. They've been great about post-launch content.

Yeah, if you think you're going to be playing this game regularly it's a good value. No doubt. But we should wait to hear what content is in first.

Zabuza

Banned
Why is everyone shocked at a 50 dollar seasons pass?

Battlefield 3 had a 50 dollar pass
Battlefield 4 had a 50 dollar pass
Hard line had a 50 dollar pass

This isn't anything new.
This game already seems content-starved though.

And $50 is a bit daft, imo.

Boke1879

And honestly. I'm hype for those game modes in the final game. the CTF, Driod ruin, should be tons of fun and I honestly want to play Supremacy.

Lunaniem

Doesn't excuse it from being a completely asinine practice.

Buying content that's made after the games release is asinine? I usually don't like buying DLC together like that but Premium has usually been pretty good for Battlefield.

moai

The only season pass i have ever bougt was bf4 and it was totally worth it.
I dont get the hate, but this doesnt sound like a ripoff like other passes.

Nabbis

Yeah, if you think you're going to be playing this game regularly it's a good value. No doubt. But we should wait to hear what content is in first.

I have small doubts that this "Premium" will add as much due to the barebones version of this game. Well, it's either that or they will bring out major additions to the game through DLC.

It's on the Xbox store as well.

$50.

I think I'll wait a bit before picking it up. It's an expensive gaming holiday this year for me.

Really happy about HvV.

Yeah, I hear ya about "expensive gaming holiday." I'm getting a little stressed out what games to get and when before Christmas day in addition to other things during that time.

I have this game on pre order and will hold off on the season pass for a bit.

the only people "shocked"/"outraged" by $50 of DLC are people unfamiliar with Battlefield

if only there was a multiplayer shooter this year that delivered free maps and modes and balanced competitive gameplay...
jbhmmm.png

A lot of people following this game don't play play Battlefield......or most multiplayer FPS titles. The Star Wars license comes with a fanbase that is not used to this sort of nonsense.

It's not nonsense, if you're looking at it in terms of content. Double or tripling the base game's content is worth the $50 to me...but again, that's going off of Battlefield's model, which is a stellar value.

Can't really say that about most publishers/devs, though.

Rizific

bought premium for bf4 like two months ago for $40. a week later it went on sale (again) for $20. will most likely buy the base game around launch, then after putting some hours in ill decide if its worth a season pass.

Dang, I didn't realize that the earlier DICE games had such expensive extra content. I suppose it only makes sense, especially since Battlefront is likely to sell more than any of the others simply based on Star Wars hype

Boke1879

I have small doubts that this "Premium" will add as much due to the barebones version of this game. Well, it's either that or they will bring out major additions to the game through DLC.

Don't see what's barebones about the game when they just announced more modes. All standard modes for a multiplayer game. We get Supremacy, A CTF mode, Blast which is TDM, Fighter Squadron, Walker Assault, Driod ruin, Hero Hunt, and Hero's vs, Villains.

Plenty of modes if you ask me and we get Jakku free a week later.

ironcreed

Banned
shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

I enjoyed the beta. But I'll be waiting on this game and will never pay $50 for the extra content. I will be too busy with Halo 5 anyway.

Watch them doing the same with Visceral's Star Wars game.

DICE's Star Wars MP game: 60€ + 50€ season pass

Visceral's Star Wars SP game: 60€ + 50€ season pass

=

$$$$$$

SummitAve

Banned
Yeah.... I think I'm going to just stick to the normal edition. The matchmaking and such for the premium modes will likely be lacking and not worth it when I really just want to play supremacy or whatever the battlefield like mode is.

Only thing that worries me is splitting the playerbase. Not sure if Battlefront will have as hardcore a following as Battlefield does since it is more casual friendly. Do not see too many casuals dropping $50 extra on dlc.

Jb

BF 3 & 4 premium are the only season passes I bought and I can't say I regretted it. The maps have almost all been pretty good.

Savitar

Yeah, so not going to pay that at all.

There goes my last desire to play the game until some special version comes out.

Raptor

I need to know what content is IN teh game first before even thinking in throwing and aditional $50 bucks I mean jesus christ.

Szeth

Canadians in Ontario will have to pay $90 for the base game, on top of whatever the season pass will be here. Unbelievable.

I saved $30 by buying the game on GMG with the current coupon voucher and the fact they don't use CAD yet. Still didn't like paying a full $60 for a game after steam though D:

Just a tip for fellow Canadians because no one should have to pay $90 for a game, it's criminal

border

Looking at the entire list of game modes.....It's kinda funny how every other mode is basically just a variant on "hold down 1-4 objectives" gametype. Hold down the droids! Oh, now play this completely different game where you hold down escape pods! Or switch things up and try holding down uplink stations!

Heroes and Villains sounds cool, though I'm curious about what characters we will get besides Fett, Luke, and Vader. They really ought to just rotate who gets to play the Hero though. I imagine it's going to be frustrating for people that go several matches in a row without playing a power character just because they didn't land a killing blow.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Not sure what is surprising to people? This is the same season pass price EA has used for their BF games. The same Season pass price CoD has used forever (and this year). The Ultimate Edition price include the deluxe edition of the game ($70) so yeah, its $120.

Or is this some posters being a bit silly because its Battlefront?

the only people "shocked"/"outraged" by $50 of DLC are people unfamiliar with Battlefield

if only there was a multiplayer shooter this year that delivered free maps and modes and balanced competitive gameplay...
jbhmmm.png

You mean the one that will suck people's money with RNG filled REQ packs? =P

No game is innocent here.

inki

Has anyone seen ANY type of Rush style game mode by chance?

Still not sold on this game :( I want to be.

Top Bottom