• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront Season Pass, Cargo, Droid Run, and Hero Hunt Details.

MiguelItUp

If I ever see the Season Pass for a decent price I'll bite. But until then, there's no real reason to buy this right now at all. Did the same thing with the previous Battlefield ones, figured I'd do the same here assuming it'd be the same.

DICE Season Passes are pretty much the only ones that are worth it. The BF4 season pass, for example, added:

20 new maps
Over 20 new weapons
Over 10 new vehicles
New game modes
New gadgets

It basically doubles the actual game's content (actually, most BF games have around 10-12 maps, so the total map count is effectively tripled). BF4 Premium is actually STILL paying off, too--there is a retro map being added, a few night maps, and a map that the community helped build.

I'm not saying this Season Pass is worth it, but going by DICE's track record, I would hold off on jumping down their throat. They've been great about post-launch content.

It's also weird to see people acting like this is *definitely* worse than Halo and Destiny's model, which we haven't even experienced yet. Did no one buy Battlefield 2/2142 booster and expansion packs?
Exactly. DICE is the only company that consistently has multiplayer DLC that is worth the price. I'll bite on this season pass, especially since Battlefront will be my only MP shooter until the next one or a WW2 COD or Battlefield.

bombshell

People really need to get over the "content starved" comments now. It has just as many modes as any MP game. Most of them seem quite fun and I'm sure a GAF community will get mileage out of plenty of these.

Titanfall launched with 5 modes.

Battlefront 9 modes and has a SP/co-op mode too and people call Battlefront content starved...

the only people "shocked"/"outraged" by $50 of DLC are people unfamiliar with Battlefield

if only there was a multiplayer shooter this year that delivered free maps and modes and balanced competitive gameplay...
jbhmmm.png

So, don't buy battlefront, buy the game from the creators of Halo 4 who put their names on broken products?

hrmmmmm

the state of big budget console shooters is tragic

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Man this makes me sad. I played the beta and really enjoyed it, but now I should probably go with Halo 5 instead.

Roussow

I mean, I was already sold on the Beta. I'll buy the full priced game and (hopefully) enjoy it.
By the time dlc comes around, if I'm still interested, I'll buy the individual pack -- If I'm still super-duper into Battlefront by the time dlc starts to drop, I'll purchase the season pass. I don't see how I can get upset at all yet, I've never purchased a Battlefield season pass, but for the content it provides it sounds wonderful, and keeps players in the game well past they would have without additional content, I look forward to seeing what they deliver.

Lgndryhr

$30 is the most I'd ever spend on a season pass. I am not shocked by the price of this season pass, but disappointed. Ready for these to end or at the least be priced better. I will probably wait for the ultimate edition that comes out next fall with all the DLC and game for $60.

Boke1879

Titanfall launched with 5 modes.

Battlefront 9 modes and has a SP/co-op mode too and people call Battlefront content starved...

Easily see myself spending tons of hours in Supremacy, Walker Assault, Cargo, and Driod ruin.

It definitely has content. Now questioning how long the playerbase will stick with it is another story and that's something every MP has to worry about.

To those bringing up Halo. That's great they are giving maps away for free. But why should that be used to view this as a negative? Anyone familiar with Battlefield knows this is par for course and the content is well worth it. I don't mind paying $50 for all of it.

I understand the hesitation but you're not forced to buy this. You can always buy each DLC separately.

BF4 had a sp campaign (I know it sucked) and a decent number of maps.

I wonder what EA's Star Wars model will mean for Battlefield 5. It seems they are trying to split MP / SP into two separate games, MP developed by DICE and SP developed by Visceral, to maximize profit.

Valkrai

What can you do offline?

Either play the coop modes in singleplayer or play Battlefront 2.

Gemüsepizza;181391302 said:
I wonder what EA's Star Wars model will mean for Battlefield 5. It seems they are trying to split MP / SP into two separate games, MP developed by DICE and SP developed by Visceral, to maximize profit.

I'd be perfectly fine with Visceral handling the campaign mode for Battlefield. Hardline was pretty ok in that regard.

Exactly. DICE is the only company that consistently has multiplayer DLC that is worth the price. I'll bite on this season pass, especially since Battlefront will be my only MP shooter until the next one or a WW2 COD or Battlefield.

Seriously, though. It's totally fine to take a wait-and-see approach, but going by BF, if this Premium pass adds:

15-20 new maps
15-20 new weapons
10 new vehicles
4-5 new game modes
4 new heroes
Cosmetic shit

...that's basically another full game, in terms of the available content.

Why does $50 seem so crazy? You're paying $60 for less or equal content in the full game (again, using BF3/4 as a model here).

MiguelItUp

DICE Season Passes are pretty much the only ones that are worth it. The BF4 season pass, for example, added:

20 new maps
Over 20 new weapons
Over 10 new vehicles
New game modes
New gadgets

It basically doubles the actual game's content (actually, most BF games have around 10-12 maps, so the total map count is effectively tripled). BF4 Premium is actually STILL paying off, too--there is a retro map being added, a few night maps, and a map that the community helped build.

I'm not saying this Season Pass is worth it, but going by DICE's track record, I would hold off on jumping down their throat. They've been great about post-launch content.

It's also weird to see people acting like this is *definitely* worse than Halo and Destiny's model, which we haven't even experienced yet. Did no one buy Battlefield 2/2142 booster and expansion packs?

Agreed. DICE has always been one of the few companies creating DLC that continues to feel like proper "Expansion Packs" that they once sold for their previous games before DLC was even a thing. Is it pricey? Sure, but there was a period where expansion packs gave content that was comparable to 1 pack of DLC for $30, and that was just one, not multiple. Ever since Battlefield 3 their Season Passes have contained quite a bit of content, enough to warrant the price tag IMO.

This is also for fans that want more content. No one is forced to pull the trigger. $50 is the price of a full retail game, but some people would rather spend that money on a game they love just to have more content.

the only people "shocked"/"outraged" by $50 of DLC are people unfamiliar with Battlefield

if only there was a multiplayer shooter this year that delivered free maps and modes and balanced competitive gameplay...
jbhmmm.png
without being able to use a mouse, thats a non-starter for competitive.

R6Siege is doing the free maps thing though (And im buying battlefront as well anyway. Battlefield premium felt worth it for 2/3 anyway, since there was a shitload more than just maps that came with it, and there was 20 maps)
You mean the one that will suck people's money with RNG filled REQ packs? =P

No game is innocent here.
yea, paying for maps a lot of times can be better than the alternative, see: Evolve, mass effect 3

Seriously, though. It's totally fine to take a wait-and-see approach, but going by BF, if this Premium pass adds:

15-20 new maps
15-20 new weapons
10 new vehicles
4-5 new game modes
4 new heroes
Cosmetic shit

...that's basically another full game, in terms of the available content.

Why does $50 seem so crazy? You're paying $60 for less or equal content in the full game (again, using BF3/4 as a model here).

hehehe, it's pretty great how you can release games with critically low amounts of content and still get people to pay for it, because then you can DOUBLE or even TRIPLE it.

We've only seen Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker, and I'm sure you'd pay $60 for a game with just them. Hell, that means you should be paying $100 for that season pass! It's a steal!

AHA-Lambda

Why is everyone shocked at a 50 dollar seasons pass?

Battlefield 3 had a 50 dollar pass
Battlefield 4 had a 50 dollar pass
Hardline had a 50 dollar pass

This isn't anything new.

This, it happens every year with each CoD.

I'm not defending it but why the surprise??

Boke1879

hehehe, it's pretty great how you can release games with critically low amounts of content and still get people to pay for it, because then you can DOUBLE or even TRIPLE it.

Hell, you should be paying $100 for that season pass! It's a steal!

Low content? Do you see how many modes this game is launching with?

Top Bottom