• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

Alo0oy

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PwJf6Y244g

From the PS Blog:

Racing fans, brace yourselves — this evening at the Paris Games Week PlayStation Press Conference, Kazunori Yamauchi, along with SCEE CEO & President Jim Ryan, unveiled on stage the latest Gran Turismo iteration: Gran Turismo Sport, coming to PS4 in 2016.

On stage, the Polyphony team talked about the advances that PS4 offers to allow them to continue to improve the graphics, physics, and sound to deliver the most realistic driving simulator to date. But with GT Sport they’re looking to deliver more than that; to deliver a revolution in the way that people experience driving games, a figurative “rebirth” of motorsports.

In Gran Turismo Sport, there will be two FIA online championships running simultaneously. In the Nations Cup, players will be able represent their home country. Whilst in the Manufacturers Cup, players will be driving on behalf of their favorite car manufacturer.
Players will not only be able to race as drivers themselves, they’ll also be able to root for their home country or their favorite manufacturers teams.
The winner of the championship will be awarded at the FIA prize giving ceremony, alongside real life motorsports champions. This will be a historic moment, the first time a video game will officially be recognized as part of the real motoring world.

Working alongside the historic FIA, to develop a game that continues to be more realistic and authentic, the online racing championships promise to offer something new for players.
But it’s not just about online racing; the GT teams have continued to build on the games legacy of accessibility to ensure that the game is open to all to enjoy.
With the beta expected to begin in Spring 2016, it won’t be long before players can experience all GT has to offer on the power of PS4.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/27/gran-turismo-sport-coming-to-ps4-in-2016/

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Neat. I prefer this way of doing things. GT7 Prologue would make me a little mad.

Trace

Banned
Nice CGI
Kappa.png

xrnzaaas

Talk about a messy trailer. Is it a casual game (for the players of all ages)? Is it a "special" GT with FIA licences? What the hell is it?

EBreda

Damn, that segment was boring even though I love GT.
Beta early next year for a Prologue type game? Not a single demo?
Sigh...

And being PSVR compatible, how will they make it a graphics powerhouse like all the other GTs have been?
Damn... not sure what to expect.

ElFly

Beta early next year?

lame

Give me GT7 now.

Or just remastered GT6. 1080p GT6 at solid 60FPS and higher LOD distance is basically perfect already.

Top Bottom